Burton 26th March

lookersstandandy

Not one for me to get involved in, but is The Angel still going in Old Street? Back in the day it always used to be a good OASIS meet-up place for when Latics were on the tele..

It certainly is and would be a preferred destination but I didn't want the flack from Ackey. You know. It's a little far 'north' and 'east' for him. Good boozer though and they normally stick it on upstairs if you ask nicely with sound and everything

Edited by latic12345

It certainly is and would be a preferred destination but I didn't want the flack from Ackey. You know. It's a little far 'north' and 'east' for him. Good boozer though and they normally stick it on upstairs if you ask nicely with sound and everything

Or Mabel's Tavern have already told me it will be on with sound

If there's a legitimate reason I will venture far and wide (see: This Friday!) but I will always object to the casual north-easterly drift you apply to location selection!

As it stands, let me know which of those two work best and I will see you there at about 12:40 :wink:

If there's a legitimate reason I will venture far and wide (see: This Friday!) but I will always object to the casual north-easterly drift you apply to location selection!

As it stands, let me know which of those two work best and I will see you there at about 12:40 :wink:

Only because you like to employ a westerly drift ;)

I'll call the Angel today and see if they're showing it. If they are, let's go there. Otherwise, let's go to Mabel's Tavern

It's a turn up for the books that you can read..... and you don't need the speech-marks either....! :oasissign1:

If you are going to be a grammar Nazi you should at least be correct.

Speech marks separate the words someone in a sentence actually says from the rest of the sentence. In this instance you said "Droylsden" which I supplanted with the corrected version "Oldham" - as that's the team's name.

It's a turn up for the books that you can read..... and you don't need the speech-marks either....! :oasissign1:

If you are going to be a grammar Nazi you should at least be correct.

Speech marks separate the words someone in a sentence actually says from the rest of the sentence. In this instance you said "Droylsden" which I supplanted with the corrected version "Oldham" - as that's the team's name.

Can I settle this one? It's a matter of style rather than grammar. Both are correct. I think it reads better with the speech marks (they give it an extra edge) but that's just an opinion.