Pegasus Bridge The Movie

peanuts

I didn't know about this, cheers pal.

And here is the bridge itself:

34PUAqI.jpg

I hope there is significant British involvement in the film and it doesn't end up showing the Americans storming the bridge whilst waiting for the Tommies to put down their tea.

am the same if its based on ambroses book it should be fine

I hope there is significant British involvement in the film and it doesn't end up showing the Americans storming the bridge whilst waiting for the Tommies to put down their tea.

Shouldn't worry about that - the number of British actors in leading and supporting roles in Hollywood movies currently is staggering...

I've just now finished reading, "Forgotten," by Linda Hervieux. Fascinating book based around one of the very few black American units deployed in a front line role on D-Day (they operated anti aircraft barrage balloons. At first I was amazed at the British government lobbying the US not to bring any black troops over, then you realise that it was because they feared the reaction of the locals to how the white GIs treated them. There's one story of black troops drinking in a pub at Bamber Bridge. The MPs turned up to bust them for going in a white place only for the regulars to come out and get stuck into them. Well worth a read.

I've just now finished reading, "Forgotten," by Linda Hervieux. Fascinating book based around one of the very few black American units deployed in a front line role on D-Day (they operated anti aircraft barrage balloons. At first I was amazed at the British government lobbying the US not to bring any black troops over, then you realise that it was because they feared the reaction of the locals to how the white GIs treated them. There's one story of black troops drinking in a pub at Bamber Bridge. The MPs turned up to bust them for going in a white place only for the regulars to come out and get stuck into them. Well worth a read.

Didn't I read somewhere that there was a high incidence of black GIs being hanged for rape, the suggestion being that they were hanged both when the sex was consensual and when it never took place at all?

Didn't I read somewhere that there was a high incidence of black GIs being hanged for rape, the suggestion being that they were hanged both when the sex was consensual and when it never took place at all?

Yeah, lots of that sort of thing. Long jail terms for petty crimes if, "being uppity," was added to the charge sheet too.