Millwall (a)

I'm a huge fan of London transport. (Seriously, if Londoners had the public transport you northerners have, there'd be daily riots.)

But South Bermondsey to Euston after the football in 40 minutes is a load of baloney. They stack people at South Bermondsey for one thing. And they might not let you out of the ground until all or most of the knuckledraggers have left the area or are safely back under their rocks.

Only going off train line https://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trainline is lying. Just providing a bit of local knowledge. I'm picturing a scene of horror as someone realises that, after all that :censored:ing about in South Bermondsey, the walk or run between the platform at London Bridge and the northern line is much longer than they anticipated and not that easy to navigate. Then there's all those stops on the northern line. Why is it stopping at Angel and King's Cross when they're both further north than Euston?

And then the real piss-boiler of getting from the underground to the platform at Euston, with everyone in the station trying to stop you getting to the train, which is pulling away from the platform at the far end of the station, miles away from the concourse. That cheap train ticket isn't so cheap when you add £70 to the total.

The trainline is lying. Just providing a bit of local knowledge. I'm picturing a scene of horror as someone realises that, after all that :censored:ing about in South Bermondsey, the walk or run between the platform at London Bridge and the northern line is much longer than they anticipated and not that easy to navigate. Then there's all those stops on the northern line. Why is it stopping at Angel and King's Cross when they're both further north than Euston?

And then the real piss-boiler of getting from the underground to the platform at Euston, with everyone in the station trying to stop you getting to the train, which is pulling away from the platform at the far end of the station, miles away from the concourse. That cheap train ticket isn't so cheap when you add £70 to the total.

Cheers for the advice I was in two minds whether to get this one so I played safe with the one an hour after.

They'll hold you in for 20 minutes if we win or if they lose and don't get in the play-offs etc

They stack people at South Bermondsey for one thing. And they might not let you out of the ground until all or most of the knuckledraggers have left the area or are safely back under their rocks.

That's no longer the case. A walkway link is provided to/from the stadium on matchdays for away supporters only. It leads direct from the away end exit to South Bermondsey station, so away fans get to the platform ahead of the home fans.

That's no longer the case. A walkway link is provided to/from the stadium on matchdays for away supporters only. It leads direct from the away end exit to South Bermondsey station, so away fans get to the platform ahead of the home fans.

Righto. Seriously though. The walk down Zampa road and Ilderton road is only marginally longer than the walk from the away end, even if they are dragging their knuckles along the ground. At 4.50 that station will be packed.

I'll tell you what. Anyone who watches the match up to the final whistle and makes it to platform 18 in Euston station by 5.55 gets a bottle case of champagne from me. Go!

Righto. Seriously though. The walk down Zampa road and Ilderton road is only marginally longer than the walk from the away end, even if they are dragging their knuckles along the ground. At 4.50 that station will be packed.

I'll tell you what. Anyone who watches the match up to the final whistle and makes it to platform 18 in Euston station by 5.55 gets a bottle case of champagne from me. Go!

I might do this. Does someone want to vlog it?

We could tie in him presenting me with my champagne with him presenting me with my Prediction League winners trophy.

I might do this. Does someone want to vlog it?

We could tie in him presenting me with my champagne with him presenting me with my Prediction League winners trophy.

The League Trophy isn't mine to give and I think there'll be many final-day twists and turns, possibly involving you but possibly not.

I'm very, very confident about the champagne forfeit. An unbroken video of the miracle journey will do. I feel like a :censored:house but this has to involve underground/overground rail. A reasonably fit person could probably manage it on a bike. Fitness isn't all you need on a bike in London though. The odds of making it alive are stacked against you, especially if you don't know where you're going.

Come to think of it, anyone who goes through the Rotherhithe tunnel on a bike will die within days anyway because of the fumes, and thus be unable to collect their prize.

• 1 month later...

There are some good pubs in Southwark, handy for London Bridge Station to get to South Bermondsey.

http://www.perfectpint.co.uk/best-beer-pubs-in-Southwark

It’s currently British Beer Week and The Rake, 14 Winchester Walk, Southwark is taking part.

https://twitter.com/rakebar

Good luck getting more than 20 people in The Rake. It's tiny...

Edited by latic12345

What's the consensus here then on best places to drink.

I've read some say get the tube from Euston to London Bridge, then booze around there before getting a quick train to South Bermondsey.

Alternatively, a Rovers fan at work suggests heading for Greenwich/Cutty Sark as there's some great pubs round there, and then you're just a short train away from South Bermondsey.

What's the consensus here then on best places to drink.

I've read some say get the tube from Euston to London Bridge, then booze around there before getting a quick train to South Bermondsey.

Alternatively, a Rovers fan at work suggests heading for Greenwich/Cutty Sark as there's some great pubs round there, and then you're just a short train away from South Bermondsey.

Dead easy to get to London Bridge, Greenwich is more of a pain in the arse.