Replacement for Porter

I don't think Glombard or Clarke are the answer. Constantine is a good player but i think Championship clubs are looking at him so he's probably going to go there. We are really going to struggle to find a replacment for Porter who will play at this level for reasonable money i think out best chance is getting someone on loan. Lafferty at Burnley is a fantastic young player, Burnley are also looking at signing Constantine if they do that will push Lafferty down the pecking order. He would be fantastic at this level if Burnley would be willing to let him go on loan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile
Vernon would be No1 in my book to replace Porter.... but I know how many people dont agree with that one... never get him though .. :disappointed:

Mine would be Peter Thorne ^_^

Pah, details... just shove a blue shirt on him, Grayson wont notice....

Vernon is the ready made replacement for Porter.... still convinced Porter, Killen and Vernon are all the same person - have you ever seen them in a room together... have you.. Have you??? :wink:

Vernon would be No1 in my book to replace Porter.... but I know how many people dont agree with that one... never get him though .. :disappointed:

I always rated Vernon, i don't think he's quite as good as Porter but then i haven't seen him play for a few years. Would be a decent replacement but i doubt he would come back

I always rated Vernon, i don't think he's quite as good as Porter but then i haven't seen him play for a few years. Would be a decent replacement but i doubt he would come back

Would not want Vernon back or Allott we got

rid of them cause they were no good so why bring

the dead wood back we need to look forward

and bring players in who have not been here before!!!

We got rid of Vernon because we were offered a creative Midfielder which we desperately needed instead, Richie Wellens. And Ronnie Moore didn't like Vernon. I always remember Shez used to be out on the pitch with Vernon before games, he's definately a fan of him.

Edited by Microcuts

I would definately have Vernon back, he didn't leave because he wasn't good enough.

He could do us a good job if Porter left.

Hughes, Davies and Vernon with Wolfy as well, we'd have plenty of options.

Add Kilkenny to that lot and we'd have a cracking squad for next season.

cant believe all u arse lickers defending him ! porter could have gone to a championship which i wouldnt have minded personally i dont think he is worth £700k the point is he has no commitment and no bottle which was evident in his performances. He is a man ffs so all this talk of his agent is ridiculous he can make his own decisions. He is an absolute disgrace to the club and so is everyone on here who defends him. probably fans that dont travel the length and breadth of the country like me and have OAFC running thru their veins !

cant believe all u arse lickers defending him ! porter could have gone to a championship which i wouldnt have minded personally i dont think he is worth £700k the point is he has no commitment and no bottle which was evident in his performances. He is a man ffs so all this talk of his agent is ridiculous he can make his own decisions. He is an absolute disgrace to the club and so is everyone on here who defends him. probably fans that dont travel the length and breadth of the country like me and have OAFC running thru their veins !

I certainly wouldn't defend him in any way, I think him and his agent have screwed us over good style.

Him leaving is not a problem atall, but to do so and make sure we don't get a fee of any discription to me is dispicable.

He has turned down an offer from a Championship team in England to go to a small club in Scotland.

Inexplicable.

It is the fact that we are Latics fans, have the love of the club running through our veins, and the fact we know we will come out of this stronger that we can sit here and say goodbye and good riddance to someone like porter. He has screwed us over, we arent the first and wont be the last... but to blow our top and charge after the lad is not what is needed. We look to the future, hence why this is thread is called "replacement for Porter" ... not abuse him, he has gone....

And we will be all following latics "the length and breadth" of the country next season, with him or without him..... does being angry make you a bigger latcis fan than anyone else??? erm... methinks not... but I will remember that one next time I do the 6 hour round trip from bristol....

Say you played for Rochdale, you'd come to the end of your contract and you were now free to look for another club, would you go somewhere where you thought you could further your career and maybe get a bit of extra money too plus a nice signing on fee or would you stay playing for a team where 'fans' had been having a go at you for months despite playing through injury and being the leading goalscorer or would you go?

Did you feel the same about him when we signed him from Bury? And the players we have recently signed on free transfers should we not have signed them because they should stay with their clubs too? It's football, people move on.

Porter isn't an Oldham Athletic fan, very few of our players our. But he has done his job very well, he played well for the club, scored more goals than any other striker has in over 10 years and gave his all and now if he chooses to move on then so be it. If he goes to Scotland and we lose out on some money then yes it is very frustrating but Porter didn't make the rules, it's not his fault we wont get any money.

Taking that a bit far aren't you? Yeah it's one thing to say Porters a disgrace to the club cos of everything that's been going on but saying the fans who defend him are a disgrace as well isn't really fair. It's just people's opinions and as such, some members see fit to defend him so I don't think you can have a go for that.

And erm I don't really see how you travelling the country to see Oldham fits in with anything

Superfan has spoken, can the mods lock this thread now??

The people saying Clive Platt. In a word. No.

"When the ball hits the goal, it's not shearer or cole it's Plattini."

I'll be damned if I want to watch him on a regular basis again. Nothing special. Especially when up at the level we are at.

You obviously dont know anyone off here.

Great attitude Superfan. Obviously no one here travels the length of the country in the name of Latics because they have a differing opinion to yours. :lol:

The people saying Clive Platt. In a word. No.

"When the ball hits the goal, it's not shearer or cole it's Plattini."

I'll be damned if I want to watch him on a regular basis again. Nothing special. Especially when up at the level we are at.

I too was shocked at people suggesting him. You'll have seen more of him than me too.

Interesting to see ColU want him though. Looking for someone like Iwelumo on cheap wages again I guess.

You obviously dont know anyone off here.

Great attitude Superfan. Obviously no one here travels the length of the country in the name of Latics because they have a differing opinion to yours. :lol:

Yeah that was the part of Lordy's arguement I didn't really understand. Just seemed completely irrelevent to me...

Yeah that was the part of Lordy's arguement I didn't really understand. Just seemed completely irrelevent to me...

I love those types though. Feel the need to add a load of irrelevant information. Must think it gives him a bit more credibility. Why has he even signed up for a forum if he just expects everyone to agree with him? :unsure: Doesnt make sense.

Guest oa_exile
I love those types though. Feel the need to add a load of irrelevant information. Must think it gives him a bit more credibility. Why has he even signed up for a forum if he just expects everyone to agree with him? :unsure: Doesnt make sense.

travel the length and breadth of the country like me and have OAFC running thru their veins !

lol :grin: Do that Rocky and then it will all make sense :wink:

His post seriously made me laugh because how pointless it was at parts. It's so easy to just pull arguements like that apart and prove him wrong.

Hmmmmm, maybe if I ever decide to argue with anybody, I should add that my cousin's best mate used to go out with Tony Carss. It's not interesting, it's completely pointless but it might give me more credibility :wink:

Porter, think badly advised .... still would give him 100% support if he stayed (Please note that Lordy... no bottle, were you there at Northampton when he got smashed by the keeper after scoring??) even after all this, the guy score 20+ whilst struggling for fitness/form, shame can't see hime staying.

A number of names have been banded around as a possible replacement .... I have a feeling that we be persuing someone we haven't mentioned, who would have ever thought of Kalala in a latics shirt til last week

Porter, think badly advised .... still would give him 100% support if he stayed (Please note that Lordy) even after all this, the guy score 20+ whilst struggling for fitness/form, shame can't see hime staying.

A number of names have been banded around as a possible replacement .... I have a feeling that we be persuing someone we haven't mentioned, who would have ever thought of Kalala in a latics shirt til last week

Mark?? Surely we should be adopting Lordy as the new oasis leader - his philosophy that the more miles you travel the bigger fans you are should make us lot recognised as the uber-fans we are?? Thems Oldham lot - part timers, all of em...

Anyway, back to thread.... is that a subtle hint Mark, a la Kalala (wow - that works!) that you may have an inkling who we are going for???

I still want the Horse....! Feed the Horse... feed the Horse feed the Horse and he will score!