Oldham in general

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All very well and good having double the money down south but if ya paying 4 times more for your house technically that makes northerners much better off

...valid point, but deprivation is more than just income - it's a whole basket of stuff including health, education and crime.

I like Oldham and it's definitely on the up with M&S on the way and the tram has also improved the town, it also looks great in the summer with it's floral displays. The poverty in certain parts is obvious and I wouldn't want to play it down but there are far worse places to be.

I like Oldham and it's definitely on the up with M&S on the way and the tram has also improved the town, it also looks great in the summer with it's floral displays. The poverty in certain parts is obvious and I wouldn't want to play it down but there are far worse places to be.

Like Burnley.

All very well and good having double the money down south but if ya paying 4 times more for your house technically that makes northerners much better off

But somehow council tax is mainly cheaper in the richer rather than the deprived areas, nothing to do with the Tories of course. :wink:

Edited by BP1960

Rochdale ?

That will be the Tories looking after their own then.

In the last 20 years......less than 1 year of a Tory Government, 5 years of a coalition government, 13 years of a Labour Government

In Oldham 3 years of Lib Dem council and 17 years of Labour council.

Think about it