Your Trust Oldham update

underdog

I'm crap at posting links, so I have copied the article for you all

By Simon Brooke

April 13, 2016

Board Representative: Update April

The upturn in results has been thrilling to watch and the celebrations at the final whistle at most games recently have given me even more pleasure than it used to.

Seeing the hard work and dedication of so many people at the club that goes into that 90 mins, its extra special to see them all rewarded with the goals and points the team has picked up since my last update.

None more so than for my fellow fans, weve had a rotten time but, if anything, that has brought us even closer together and the atmosphere we all create both home and away is playing a key part in growing our points total.

Lets make no bones about it, the work is only half done. I firmly believe that we will stay up, and we all must believe this and approach every remaining game with confidence and a willingness to work harder than each opponent. Shez will then get his wish of being carried across the pitch and straight into the North Stand bar.

Since my last update theres been a number of developments that Id like to touch on:

Season Ticket Promotion
The win when were winning season ticket campaign proved extremely successful with over 1000 season tickets sold. It was important to me that we rewarded as many existing season ticket holders as possible. I appreciate not everyone was able to take up the offer, however it is a good thing that we try new ways to reward those fans that continue to come through the turnstiles. The take up was pleasing to see, and has given everyone a boost.

Scoreboard Campaign #knowthescore
The #knowthescore campaign is still raising money, and we have turned full attention to the Business Packages as these have the potential to get the total rising quickly. You will see social media activity increasing over the next few weeks.

I wanted to say a big thank you to Ardere Solutions, Brightside Solutions and AC Tyres who have contributed £3.5k between them via the business packages. Hopefully other businesses can join them soon. There are benefits for all businesses contributing to the fund with advertising and promotion of your business at the forefront of any reward. Please contact me or the Trust if you can help us.

We hope to be making a couple of announcements soon about some Trust events that will be fundraising for the campaign fund.

Previous Scoreboard Fund
Ive had word from fans that there was a previous scoreboard fund, which I was not aware of. Though this wasnt a Trust initiative at the time, I have been able to find some records of this and the club have been very good in making these funds available so there is a further £1238 heading into the #knowthescore fund which is the amount that was in the previous fund.

Joined Up Thinking
As a Trust board we have had a large number of fans indicating that they are wishing to put some of their season ticket savings into the Scoreboard campaign. As such we have approached the club to explore the possibility of refunds from the Season Ticket promotion being sent directly to the #knowthescore campaign fund if fans wish. The mechanisms are available to us, so we will be contacting all those fans who have refunds due to offer them the chance to take advantage of this (and get access to some exclusive rewards too for their investment).

This could be huge for the campaign and your support in this idea would be amazing. We are hoping this joined up thinking will take us a massive leap to our ultimate goal.

Remember, the scoreboard will be owned by the Trust and a portion of revenues from advertising on the board will be going directly to fan initiatives.

This is very much an idea the Trust have taken to the club on the back of feedback weve had. The club will be contacting fans about the refunds soon and planning is well underway for these.

Trust Update
You have hopefully seen the Trust being much more visible over the past few months and that is due to the hard work of our Trust Directors.

Thanks to them weve been able to arrange a Meet the Manager event with John Sheridan and Peter Shirtliff where around 100 fans enjoyed an excellent night. We also brought Roger Palmer back for the Rochdale game and several hundred fans during the game and afterwards were able to meet the legend and enjoy a drink with him.

These events are soon to be followed up with a couple of different type of events as well as a full schedule of events for next season. Your support in attending these events is key, and if there is ever an event youd like to see happening please do let us know at the Trust.

If you are not already following the Trust on social media please find us on Twitter @newtrustoldham or on Facebook at TrustOldham so we can keep you up to date with all our campaigns, news and updates.

Club Update
In terms of a general club update, the upturn in fortunes on the pitch has been reflected off it. Plans for the final elements of the North Stand are in place and excitingly the gym is opening soon. Having had a look around I can tell you it is a fabulous facility. The 2nd floor work will commence once the season has finished, so we will have a sparkling new facility ready for next season.

The feedback from fans to me about the North Stand has been extremely pleasing. There are still some snags, but the good news is that these snags are being addressed bit by bit and they will get to them all soon.

I am asked about the ownership of the club regularly and I continue to confirm that the club remains for sale. As ever, if the Trust or myself can help any interested parties then we will do. The long term security of the club is always paramount.

Shez wants us all to focus on the games ahead, so please continue to give the team your full backing and we will celebrate together when safety is reached.

Whatever happens, enjoy this last month of the season.
Simon
Edited by Ackey
Formatting