Roughyeds!

Guest Stanley30

Guest Stanley30

Wow !!!! What a great day for Oldham. Latics drew a must not lose match with a shed load of injuries. Roughyeds win the biggest match in their history. Unbelievable !!!

In their recent history, yes a massive win. Sure they've had countless bigger games in the past though!

not in recent years...and I'd say you'd need to go back over 60 years and more to when they were in the elite....great efort from a club who have only just stepped up to championship level

Fantastic, other teams will have been looking at Scott Naylor and they have done well to keep him (note the difference with Johnson) but that sort of result will ensure others will come knocking. Deservedly so. They had a couple of bad results a few weeks ago, against Swinton and Workington , but then recovered against League leaders Batley and Full timers Sheffield. Fantastic management.

A staggering performance.

The financial difference between the chosen few in Super League and the rest is a chasm , and I for one think the sport has always been the worst for it.

Oldham did reach 2 semi finals in the 1990's and in 1986 lost to the unbeaten Australia tourists by 6 points , yes 6 points .

My late dad who was fortunate enough to live through Oldham's golden era in the 1950's would have been a happy man today.

A staggering performance.

The financial difference between the chosen few in Super League and the rest is a chasm , and I for one think the sport has always been the worst for it.

Oldham did reach 2 semi finals in the 1990's and in 1986 lost to the unbeaten Australia tourists by 6 points , yes 6 points .

My late dad who was fortunate enough to live through Oldham's golden era in the 1950's would have been a happy man today.

They were one close refereeing decision away from playing in the challenge cup final the same weekend we played in the league cup final.

In recent history, in 2001 they lost to Widnes 24-12, missing out on promotion the Northern Premiership final, and thus promotion to Super League. Had they won, who knows what would have happened. Definitely, their Mark H**hes moment till last season.

The media is struggling to find pictures of Oldham RLFC, so far all the none BBC media especially in Australia are showing pictures of Batley :sign0007:

Some spotty faced journo is sat with google maps trying to find a town called Roughyeds I'm sure :laught16: