The 'new posts' thing.

maddog

Any techie know why sometimes I will have (at least) opened every topic in a forum, but then on the main page, it still shows that there are still new posts to read? Refreshing it makes no difference, nor does re-opening the posts again!

Oh, and can I request that the 'Board Room' forum is hidden if possible - ie, you can only see it if you're able to read/post on it? For the same reason - I like to be able to see what I've read and what I haven't - having something that always has 'new posts' on it, that I can do nothing about, confuses me :unsure: .

Sorry, just my anal nature ;). If not possible to get rid, just ignore me....

Any techie know why sometimes I will have (at least) opened every topic in a forum, but then on the main page, it still shows that there are still new posts to read? Refreshing it makes no difference, nor does re-opening the posts again!

Oh, and can I request that the 'Board Room' forum is hidden if possible - ie, you can only see it if you're able to read/post on it? For the same reason - I like to be able to see what I've read and what I haven't - having something that always has 'new posts' on it, that I can do nothing about, confuses me :unsure: .

Sorry, just my anal nature ;). If not possible to get rid, just ignore me....

Click on MARK ALL POSTS AS READ and see what happens. The button is between GRAPHICS N STUFF and the STATS banner near the bottom of the main page...

There are 3 forums which could always have a highlighted latics badge, the two locked ones at the top and the Board Room.

Anyway click on the button and see if that helps.

Cheers,

Rummy