Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

Don't mind at all If he wants to earn more, or better himself. That's human nature. Jus wish managers wouldn't spout lines like. .

'everyone knows how much this club means to me'

It can lead to false expectations IMO. Just wish they were more honest when they got the job.

'Pleased to be here, I'll do the best I can for the club and it's fans'

That would suffice.

Or I wish I wasn't as fickle as to believe it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but he was at Newport County having been dumped by previous clubs. Yes we dumped him a few years ago but we brought him back from lower league football management.

We've given him a 2.5 year contract - so security to him - and commitment from us to achieve something.

Yes he's a legend but when he came back he said he had affinity here so achieving the near impossible in securing our league one status should cement that further.

He should simply come out and say he's staying here and not interested in Bolton or any other club so that the fans can be assured that he's fully committed.

If Sheridan had signed until the end of the season only and (like Gerrard) just wanted to put himself in the shop window, then saved us and then moved on then so be it. He didn't though, he signed a two and a half year contract. If he goes then the contract and his stated 'love of Latics' will have proved meaningless and empty, I don't believe either of those relate to Sheridan and expect him to see out the job.

If Sheridan had signed until the end of the season only and (like Gerrard) just wanted to put himself in the shop window, then saved us and then moved on then so be it. He didn't though, he signed a two and a half year contract. If he goes then the contract and his stated 'love of Latics' will have proved meaningless and empty, I don't believe either of those relate to Sheridan and expect him to see out the job.

Exactly. It would not be a problem if it has been deal to the end of the season, as you say, then lets go from there.

Edited by singe

todays rumours were Hill and Flitcroft ,re-uniting at Noblot. If they can't pay southend for the yellow one,They certainly can't pay 2 clubs. as i say all rumours,who knows.

todays rumours were Hill and Flitcroft ,re-uniting at Noblot. If they can't pay southend for the yellow one,They certainly can't pay 2 clubs. as i say all rumours,who knows.

£500k was Brown's trigger at Southend getting flitcroft and hill together would likely be actually cheaper.

I am taking it now that if he goes we will bring in someone who corney knows will get us promoted. The extra income the club will be getting from the north stand and the houses I think could be the difference.

As I alluded to earlier..

Today's Bolton programme notes:

"What I will say is that our manager and incoming board is set, and that those individuals are already making plans for how we can move Bolton Wanderers back in the right direction."

Strongly suggests that it has to be someone currently out of work, Rosler, Holloway or Cotterill perhaps.

I am taking it now that if he goes we will bring in someone who corney knows will get us promoted. The extra income the club will be getting from the north stand and the houses I think could be the difference.

Extra income from the houses hahahahahahaha :censored:in belter.

http://bit.ly/1TbVLcJWorth a listen re Bolton job

Listening to that it sounds to me like he'd be off if he'd had an approach. But I'd leave my job if someone came in and offered me more money and better prospects as well. As somebody else has posted, the bit that sticks in the throat is all the talk of affinity for the club and unfinished business, he really didn't need to say that if we are just a stepping stone for him.

Keith Hill's probably worth a punt at 33/1 then, it could pay for my season ticket!

Having watched the latics player interview now, I think Sheridan was extremely pissed off with the result. You could see it in his face so when Ian Cheeseman asked him about the Bolton job after that it probably set him off. Have a feeling he will be here next season.

Uwe Rosler the clear favourite for the job now, Shez out to 8/1. Makes sense with Rosler out of a job currently. I suspect Bolton won't be keen to pay any sort of compensation.

It does make sense, but what's he achieved without Warburton? He wasn't allowed to hang around for very long at Leeds or Wigan, which might be due to crap chairmen or could be he doesn't impress.