Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

Regardless of whether Shez would want to speak to Bolton or not, he made it abundantly clear several times in that interview that he definitely hasn't spoken to them yet.

On that basis, given the Bolton chairman's comments, it would appear that he isn't going to be their next manager.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does make sense, but what's he achieved without Warburton? He wasn't allowed to hang around for very long at Leeds or Wigan, which might be due to crap chairmen or could be he doesn't impress.

He took Wigan to the playoffs within his first season there. I think he was overrated at Brentford but harshly sacked at Wigan and Leeds.

Sunday People says that "Bolton are confident of securing his release from Boundary Park."

I know Corney will take :censored: all at the best of times, but how have Bolton got the money to buy out a contract when they're having to flog their car park to stay solvent?

Shez would go down in my estimations if he left us now. Thanks for the first part of the job, but :censored:ing us off for a disasterous local rival isn't really legendary behaviour.

Bolton haven't got a pot to piss in. So I really can't see where the money is coming from to release Sheridan. If corney doesn't want him to go he doesn't go anywhere with him being under contract.

Bolton haven't got a pot to piss in. So I really can't see where the money is coming from to release Sheridan. If corney doesn't want him to go he doesn't go anywhere with him being under contract.

I doubt it would need to be a massive sum for a deal to be agreed somehow, it didn't with Johnson who had similar length of contract.

Guest nonaenever

As ever, nobody knows what the truth is around "rumours" BUT it is blindingly obvious to me that both Shez and Shirtliff deserve improved contract terms from Latics for the remainder of their 2 years - personally I would want to tie them down for at least 3 if not 5 years. That will show them that they are valued and warn other teams off. I have a feeling that if we can achieve some managerial stability for the next few years then we will be a Championship club in the not too distant future. Personally, would not want that to happen next season (just too early) but a season of crafting a decent side together under Shez/Shirty that is in the top 10 next season - and then go for it. C'mon Simon C - you know what you need to do?

Regardless of whether Shez would want to speak to Bolton or not, he made it abundantly clear several times in that interview that he definitely hasn't spoken to them yet.

On that basis, given the Bolton chairman's comments, it would appear that he isn't going to be their next manager.

dont be coming on here talking sense you know the regulars wont like it

Listening to the post match interview Sheridan was clear he hadn't spoken to Bolton. But he wouldn't be pinned down with not listening or being interested in any future offers.

Any interest in Sheridan would need to be done through the club (recommended due to the length of his contract). The club have stated they have not received any interest in Sheridan nor would they welcome any.

If the club did receive an enquiry for him and allowed him to speak to another club, unless specifically a condition of his contract, Sheridan would likely see that as a vote of no confidence. This could then render him happy to speak with another club - hence his honest silence on the subject.

The facts as they stand indicate that Sheridan is staying put but obviously open ended for future developments.

Sheridan has actively chosen not to say he isn't interested.

It's clear management speak. Im sure he hasn't talked to Bolton...but a representative of his might have. You don't get so many bets if there's nothing in it.

He did Newport over so he'd do the same to us. Managers can get sacked easy enough so who can blame then moving on and being selfish occasionally.

If Bolton choose him and can afford to buy him out, he's going. Hopefully it'll be Rosler though.

It's a sad yet obvious reminder we are just a stepping stone. And there isn't as much loyalty between Sheridan and us as we'd like to think. And if we are doing half decent at the start of the next season...

Edited by IceStationLatic

As ever, nobody knows what the truth is around "rumours" BUT it is blindingly obvious to me that both Shez and Shirtliff deserve improved contract terms from Latics for the remainder of their 2 years - personally I would want to tie them down for at least 3 if not 5 years. That will show them that they are valued and warn other teams off. I have a feeling that if we can achieve some managerial stability for the next few years then we will be a Championship club in the not too distant future. Personally, would not want that to happen next season (just too early) but a season of crafting a decent side together under Shez/Shirty that is in the top 10 next season - and then go for it. C'mon Simon C - you know what you need to do?

But would Shez, Shirtliff or many other managers sign such a long term deal? Very doubtful, because they know a club coming in for them (like Bolton) could be put off from paying such large compo. They would be therefore doing themselves out of a career move (ie bigger pay packet) if they sign such a deal. Same for players too. This is the era of much shorter deal, post Bosman. Their respective Unions and agents would advise their client not to sign such a deal too.

could be a number of factors..

making sure there's a wage coming in so a longer contract makes sense?

part of the deal to get junior signed up?

genuinely wanting to stay up here to pacify 'er indoors' so again a longer contract convinces?

... at the end of the day only he knows and we're yet to find out! that IS guaranteed!

Edited by thetramdriver

The more I read about Bolton,the more I think any manager currently in a job would be mad to take it.

It sounds ominous that they are already looking to find another investor to put another £3 million in.