Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

Maybe too simplistic but is it not in the betting industry's interest to put any viable name in the frame too attract a fast buck?

I'm sticking with Que Sera, Sera.

As for Evans - have you seen the size of our dressing rooms?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His odds for the Leeds job are now 1-6.

Sounds like there is something in this rumour.

Will be interesting to hear if anyone going to the awards do tonight hears anything.

I heard Carl Winchester speak. It was lovely.

No matter what draw a club like Leeds United is, especially to an ex-player, I would imagine the fact he's only likely to be in charge for 3 months or so might put Shez off. If he's to have a crack at a club like that, I wouldn't mind betting he will wait until one that's a bit more stable comes along. Fingers crossed Wednesday keep doing well!!

No matter what draw a club like Leeds United is, especially to an ex-player, I would imagine the fact he's only likely to be in charge for 3 months or so might put Shez off. If he's to have a crack at a club like that, I wouldn't mind betting he will wait until one that's a bit more stable comes along. Fingers crossed Wednesday keep doing well!!

Such as who?

He's had about four chances in the last couple of weeks to commit his future to us and has chosen not to, doesn't bode well for trying to keep hold of the likes of Gerrard.

I thought he signed a 2.5 years deal when he joined us, so he is committed to the club.

The general comments from him make me think that he would be open to better offers, tbh whether Leeds (as big a club as they are) under there present owner are a massively better offer is debatable. Sure he will massively increase his salary, but would probably be out of a job by Christmas, given Chillini's general M.O.

If he goes the club will get a pay off, and can start looking again for the cheapest option replacement, as well as committing as little money as possible to the playing budget.

Let the good times roll.

Whilst there is the "Leeds are crazy" argument for not touching them with a barge pole, the fact is most people would back themselves to be successful.

Get the Leeds job, do what he did here (identify the shortfalls, fix them, win a decent number of games) and that club could/should be a viable Premiership team, not a yo-yo club.

That would be amazing for Sheriden, and potentially could see him getting the Ireland job in the future.

If it goes wrong? Well the "crazy Leeds" thing means his stick wouldn't be badly damaged and he'd get a job in League One / Two.

Sorry - but take emotion out of it and it's an obvious career step for him

Whilst there is the "Leeds are crazy" argument for not touching them with a barge pole, the fact is most people would back themselves to be successful.

Get the Leeds job, do what he did here (identify the shortfalls, fix them, win a decent number of games) and that club could/should be a viable Premiership team, not a yo-yo club.

That would be amazing for Sheriden, and potentially could see him getting the Ireland job in the future.

If it goes wrong? Well the "crazy Leeds" thing means his stick wouldn't be badly damaged and he'd get a job in League One / Two.

I take your point, but even if he won every game he could still be sacked, due to the mental instability of the owner.

As you say though it may not damage him too much (if at all), and he will have moved up a division and considerably in terms of salary.

Their owner, much like their supporters, is a complete dickhead. However, they are a genuinely big club and Sheridan would be stupid to not give it a go. He's no spring chicken and he should grab any opportunity to have a go with a big club.

Sheffield Wednesday is his other spiritual home, but no one is going to turn down Leeds for a below than average third division team. It's a career leap.

On the other hand, Sheridan is a pragmatic Northerner so no doubt realises that the easiest, most direct way of embellishing his reputation would be to guide Oldham into the Championship.

It's a project he's already started and he knows he has a certain store of goodwill and backing at Latics which would not be the case at Leeds or Bolton. Presumably he also has a certain affinity to the club.

Get it right with Latics next season and the world's his oyster. Conversely, events outside his control could sink him in a jiffy at Leeds or Bolton and then he's yesterday's man. Dare I say it, we're a more stable club than either of those two 'sleeping giants' and I think shez knows it.

Oh hang on, the crack is wearing off...

Edited by piglinbland

I've been a member of this forum for many years, and I don't post much. I don't ever post rumours...

However I have heard today - from a very good source that I won't be naming - that Sheridan was "definitely interviewed by Andy Townsend for the Bolton job".

There's no way I can say how I know this as it might get people in trouble - but you can take from the fact that I've never posted anything like this before that I'm not just fabricating it.

I've been a member of this forum for many years, and I don't post much. I don't ever post rumours...

However I have heard today - from a very good source that I won't be naming - that Sheridan was "definitely interviewed by Andy Townsend for the Bolton job".

There's no way I can say how I know this as it might get people in trouble - but you can take from the fact that I've never posted anything like this before that I'm not just fabricating it.

I think this happened a couple of weeks ago (there were certainly rumours then). Bizarrely Bolton currently have two owners who are trying to sort them out. Sheridan is supposed to be the choice of the consortium that was headed by Dean Holdsworth that, I think, got Townsend involved and he backs Sheridan but whether they're in a position to formally do anything or pay compensation is a different matter.