Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club haven't come out and issued a hands off like they did around the Bolton rumour. If it is true and Shez has spoken to Leeds, I find it odd we've let Shez make the decisions on the retained list, another manager might have different ideas.

You wouldn't think they'd let shez bin Jones if they had an inkling he was on his way

Shez worked a minor miracle in the short time he had, especially as he lost two of the best loanees we've had for a long time in the run in and had to rely on fringe players. So it's only natural that he will have attracted attention, particularly from clubs that hold him in fond affection.

I just think he's too honest a man to deal with a retained list, talk about his aims and plans for next season and declare his love for the club only to walk away at the first opportunity. And I can't see him wanting to work for that basket case at Leeds.

Call me naive and too trusting, but I'm confident that the Shezurrection will continue next season.

Edited by Bristolatic

"Oldham boss and former Leeds midfielder John Sheridan has held a second round of talks about the Elland Road job and is now odds-on favourite with the bookies to make a return to the Yorkshire giants."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/steve-evans-set-leeds-axe-7945915

Good old Ibby adding his thoughts too. Swear he must have 20 clubs now.

Whilst it seems very possible that he will be going to Leeds, it's worth remembering that the journalist who broke this story also said he was going to Bolton 2 weeks ago.

As an aside, Nigel Adkins has just been sacked and Shez is 3rd favourite for the Sheffield United job in the early betting!

Whilst it seems very possible that he will be going to Leeds, it's worth remembering that the journalist who broke this story also said he was going to Bolton 2 weeks ago.

As an aside, Nigel Adkins has just been sacked and Shez is 3rd favourite for the Sheffield United job in the early betting!

Some at Bolton wanted him & conversations will have taken place - that's as far as the journo went. He does seem to be generally spot on but obviously not all deals discussed get done.

As for the retained list, it will have been dealt with by the board and whoever was manager at the time. Just part of the football that the manager moves on after that.

Edited by Twisbrogan

Absolutely barmy to take the Leeds job, but no doubt he will, if offered.

It's worth remembering that Cellino is a nutter, and he is volatile. He might decide tomorrow he doesn't want Shez after all. Who knows?

Could see Redfearn replacing Shez, if he does go.

Sheridan is not daft enough to take a precarious job at Leeds. Surely he will realise that he is better off on a lower salary at a club who have had 5 managers in 13 months and working for a chairman who has already sacked him once?