Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As has been said above, and a million times elsewhere - chuck £20 on any lower-league appointment and the odds will dart one way or the other, it's just the way it is.

This was said when he went into 1/6. Now it appears to have been confirmed there's been one or two meetings.You'd have to assume they had some knowledge of what was going on.

Living in fantasy if you think a few idiots chucking some dosh will massively sway the betting market. Are you not aware how much it has grown in recent years.

He has definitely been in talks for two other jobs now. The club denying an approach means jack all. I'm sure Newport didn't have an official approach for quite a while, certainly not before a latte in Tesco...!! Wake up to football business these days.

Obviously love Shez for his job in keeping us up. You understand why he could cash in on that with a 'promotion' of sorts while his managerial stock is high.

I'm confident he'll still be with us. But it's shattered the romance a little that after slapping the badge etc, he's been touting himself to two other clubs already this summer. A good start early in the season and he'll be linked with even more jobs.

Still, that's football. We just need to be savvy as a club and always keep an eye out... I.e. Not have another Dean Holden moment...

Football reality - get what you can while you can, because it might not come around again. Loyalty doesn't pay the bills. Your star can fall much quicker than it takes to get a reputation. Football's ruthless.

However, timing is still important. If he was to go, then now would be the time. He's saved us and its the end of the season. I'd be very sorry, but he'd go on the best terms.

Football reality - get what you can while you can, because it might not come around again. Loyalty doesn't pay the bills. Your star can fall much quicker than it takes to get a reputation. Football's ruthless.

However, timing is still important. If he was to go, then now would be the time. He's saved us and its the end of the season. I'd be very sorry, but he'd go on the best terms.

Management is different from playing, there are a lot less jobs for starters.

A manager signs a long contract then I don't expect him to be jumping ship a few months later.

I'm confident he'll still be with us. But it's shattered the romance a little that after slapping the badge etc, he's been touting himself to two other clubs already this summer.

Being approached and touting yourself are 2 very different things. Sheridan certainly hasn't been touting himself about to anyone.

It has obviously been noticed the work he did here these last few months and good for him but let's not forget we took him from another club and it's the way of the world.

I love Shez and hope he stays but if he leaves then he leaves. I doubt he will go anywhere as 4 months ago he was on a rolling contract at Newport County in league 2. He wasn't exactly on top of everybodys list was he? He came hete due to history not bevause of his recent managerial record.

He would be a risk for 'bigger' clubs, a risk I doubt many would take. Life would go on. As would Oldham Athletic.

Being approached and touting yourself are 2 very different things. Sheridan certainly hasn't been touting himself about to anyone.

It has obviously been noticed the work he did here these last few months and good for him but let's not forget we took him from another club and it's the way of the world.

I love Shez and hope he stays but if he leaves then he leaves. I doubt he will go anywhere as 4 months ago he was on a rolling contract at Newport County in league 2. He wasn't exactly on top of everybodys list was he? He came hete due to history not bevause of his recent managerial record.

He would be a risk for 'bigger' clubs, a risk I doubt many would take. Life would go on. As would Oldham Athletic.

Whilst I agree his work will not have gone unnoticed, at the end of the day he only rescued us. As you rightly say he was at Newpoert County before us. He didn't get us promoted out of the god forsaken league, and he has not managed in the Championship, so he would not normally be remotely under the radar of Leeds and Bolton in their current states even.

And he did not flatly rule himself out.

So whilst I do agree with almost all your post, we cannot say he did tout himself, we cannot be certain he didn't either. We simply do not know.

This was said when he went into 1/6. Now it appears to have been confirmed there's been one or two meetings.You'd have to assume they had some knowledge of what was going on.

Has it been confirmed? Only one person is saying it, with the usual secrecy. Whilst he is more credible than many, it's still one person and there is nothing to back it up.

Shez Watch

Manchester United (!)
Bolton
Blackburn
Leeds
Notts Forest
Charlton
Aston Villa
Walsall

Port Vale

Barnsley How can they not give it Paul Heckingbottom?

Northampton Rob Page

Cardiff Paul Trollope

Peterborough Grant McCann
Celtic Brendan Rogers
Sheff Utd Chris Wilder

Edited by singe

If Shez goes it's likely the next manager would last 6 months one way or the other, poached if good, sacked if bad.

He needs to stay long term, I for one will be concerned about the prospects of this club otherwise.

Great news if true!

Fingers crossed.

It's not really true.

- The Leeds job is all rumours but he would go if he got offered the job. He wouldn't go to Bolton. No contact from either team.

- Croft hasn't been offered a contract yet. He has been invited to pre season and they will see how things go.

- Coleman isn't first choice for next season. He is looking to sign an experienced keeper.

- Jones wanted to much money. He can get a better player for less money.

- Gregan was the problem at the dogs.

- looking to sign around 8 players. Signing loan players will happen close to the start of the season.

- Shez can see a player in Winchester but he needs to sort himself out.

- He has offered a contract to Halloway. He didn't mention any of the other loan players.