Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

I really don't see any Championship club offering Sheridan a job and particularly not relative giants such as Leeds and Sheff Wed. He would be a big risk at that level. I love the guy but if he wants to get there then I think he is going to have to promote himself there.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't see any Championship club offering Sheridan a job and particularly not relative giants such as Leeds and Sheff Wed. He would be a big risk at that level. I love the guy but if he wants to get there then I think he is going to have to promote himself there.

As big a risk as a far-less experienced Redfearn was?

As big a risk as a far-less experienced Redfearn was?

Redfearn brought the a good number of the kids playing the in first team through at Leeds. It was seen as far less of a risk as he had managed most of the players and knew their strenghths and weaknesses. He also had a good spell as caretaker. Unfortuantley for him his boss was a nutcase and football doesnt always work out how you want,

I really don't see any Championship club offering Sheridan a job and particularly not relative giants such as Leeds and Sheff Wed. He would be a big risk at that level.

Having had a chat with Shez last night and heard him talk I think this is what he thinks. He hasn't done enough to get a job at Leeds or Sheff Wed as yet. He genuinely believes that he will be with us next season. If he has success here though he will be off to one of them at some point.

Having had a chat with Shez last night and heard him talk I think this is what he thinks. He hasn't done enough to get a job at Leeds or Sheff Wed as yet. He genuinely believes that he will be with us next season. If he has success here though he will be off to one of them at some point.

That is good to hear and about the measure of it. I don't have a problem him leaving when he's achieved success, hopefully with us. Now is too soon. I would have an issue with him going to Leeds with the current owner at any time though.

Redfearn brought the a good number of the kids playing the in first team through at Leeds. It was seen as far less of a risk as he had managed most of the players and knew their strenghths and weaknesses. He also had a good spell as caretaker. Unfortuantley for him his boss was a nutcase and football doesnt always work out how you want,

That isn't the point I was making.

Alan Nixon - the journo suggesting he's in the know has been tweeting in reply to Leeds fans again today. He seems to be confident Leeds we're going to officially approach us by the end of last week and is surprised they haven't. Seems to suggest he knew who would be assistant too.

In reply to a Leeds fan concluding the plan has changed, he says not to overthink it and ruled out Flores who he thinks will want a bigger job. He also infers many won't want to work with Cellino, which seems entirely sensible. Leaves us in limbo simply waiting for the lunatic Italian to decide if/when he can be bothered taking our manager off us. Frustrating.

I think Sheridan would jump at the chance.

He's got nothing to lose. Even with the dodgy owner. Even if he loses five games, the owner changes and he is sacked:

1. He'll make money from being paid off.

2. Whatever the results, he won't be blamed - the turmoil off the pitch, finances, and general unstable atmosphere will be deemed as big factors.

3. It's gets his name associated with a 'big club', in a managerial capacity, making it more likely another will give him a chance - even if this initial experience proved a negative one.

Basically his miracle job with us - which will be perceived as an even bigger miracle elsewhere although I think we admit it was on the whole - gives him an ideal chance to cash in on his managerial stock.

I just hope it's resolved quickly. If he signs 'his' players and then leaves, it's a bit tricky.. But admittedly his track record from last season suggests he finds good players... It's just a case of making sure we'd find someone capable of managing the same type of players.

I think Sheridan would jump at the chance.

He's got nothing to lose. Even with the dodgy owner. Even if he loses five games, the owner changes and he is sacked:

1. He'll make money from being paid off.

2. Whatever the results, he won't be blamed - the turmoil off the pitch, finances, and general unstable atmosphere will be deemed as big factors.

3. It's gets his name associated with a 'big club', in a managerial capacity, making it more likely another will give him a chance - even if this initial experience proved a negative one.

Basically his miracle job with us - which will be perceived as an even bigger miracle elsewhere although I think we admit it was on the whole - gives him an ideal chance to cash in on his managerial stock.

I just hope it's resolved quickly. If he signs 'his' players and then leaves, it's a bit tricky.. But admittedly his track record from last season suggests he finds good players... It's just a case of making sure we'd find someone capable of managing the same type of players.

Bollocks.

Sure, he'll go on to better things, but 2016-17 will be the springboard for that.

The 2015-16 Shezerection was just him rolling his sleeves up...

It's a difficult one with Leeds, for a manager already in a stable job is it really worth the risk? A massive club no doubt, even if he does what most would consider a good job Celino will sack him. I maybe talking with Rose Tinted Glasses here and Leeds may too big to down, but surely it's not a simple choice.

Just out of interest have we had more managers than Leeds since Cellino took over at Bellend Rd? If so what makes everyone so sure that our jobs such a catch for someone, it baffles me how anyone would think any manager would put our job in front of the Leeds one.

What wasyour point then?

That in response to....

kowenicki, on 13 May 2016 - 08:38 AM, said:snapback.png

I really don't see any Championship club offering Sheridan a job and particularly not relative giants such as Leeds and Sheff Wed. He would be a big risk at that level.

I was pointing out that while Redfearn hadn't managed a team other than a couple of brief caretaker stints, Shez has 10yrs worth of managerial experience. I'm certain that if they feel Redfearn could've been qualified enough, then Shez definitely will be. It just depends on if they feel they can get someone even more qualified (of which has been pointed out...Karl Robinson probably would be.)

Edited by boundaryblue80

It is a simple choice. It's a fantastic opportunity for the majority of managers let alone a manager without experience of managing at that level.

Not really, context is everything. With the current owner likely to fire you after days not months, wait until he sells. I am sure Hockaday thought it was fantastic, it doesn't make it a good choice.

Just out of interest have we had more managers than Leeds since Cellino took over at Bellend Rd? If so what makes everyone so sure that our jobs such a catch for someone, it baffles me how anyone would think any manager would put our job in front of the Leeds one.

Shez has a lot of history, and knows he would get a much longer honeymoon, even if we had been relegated. The point is that the Leeds job would not be a remote possibility for Shez at the time we poached him from Newport.