Pre season protest

I'm not saying you're wrong but do we know for sure that the playing budget has been slashed and slashed?

Also, what is the goal of the protest? Genuine question, not being funi

I've no evidence that the budget has been slashed no, although i believe its generally been accepted within the fan base that this is the case.

In a nut shell our aim is to get corney and his mates to take a bigger intrest in the club not strive for 17th every season, as a fan surly we can all agree we need to be aiming higher than that?

If he and his mates wont change we will look at changing to push for a buyer and before anyone says there not queuing up we are aware of that but how actively are we trying to be sold?

If you was looking at another club now who lost a manager to a team below had four contracted players for next season and just had a player arrested on child abuse charges most of us would be saying they are :censored:ed, would you agree?

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've no evidence that the budget has been slashed no, although i believe its generally been accepted within the fan base that this is the case.

In a nut shell our aim is to get corney and his mates to take a bigger intrest in the club not strive for 17th every season, as a fan surly we can all agree we need to be aiming higher than that?

If he and his mates wont change we will look at changing to push for a buyer and before anyone says there not queuing up we are aware of that but how actively are we trying to be sold?

If you was looking at another club now who lost a manager to a team below had four contracted players for next season and just had a player arrested on child abuse charges most of us would be saying they are :censored:ed, would you agree?

Good response, fully agree with the last bit.

Whilst the land and OEC stands to make money though Corney is not going to lose sleep over a minority protesting. Especially considering the money he's already lost.

Not done much good for Blackpool or Charlton and those were on a bigger scale than we could ever dream of.

Admire the spirit. Nothing will come of it, but it's better than pretending everything is okay. Rather that than demeaning fans who are trying to have a voice as the club withers away in funds, fanbase, identity, and eventually, in terms of leagues.

Edited by NewBlue

Sadly the only way to force a sale would be to hit them in the pocket through non attendance which will be at detriment to the football club and risk of administration...if they see that they are losing money/ running at a loss they might be forced into a sale

As :censored: as the situation is, and as bad as its been only the last year or two... Thinking logical about it - it's as simple as were skint without a pot to piss in. Corneys made mistakes, but without him we'd be even more :censored:ed.

Taking Arsenal and there new stadium for example, that made them unable to compete for years. We're on a smaller scale and the new stand is crippling us

What is the actual protest going to be? Assuming something has been set up by that Facebook group.

It's all getting a little pythonesque.

It may well be the protest about protesting for protesting's sake without actually being a protest.

At the official registration:

Registrar:"And who might you be"?

Protester:"We are the protesters protesting for protesting's sake without actually being a protest group"

Registrar:"We"?

Protester:"We".

Registrar:"Sir, you are aware that in order to be a protest group, there has to be more than one of you by definition"?

Protester: There are loads more than me.

Registrar: I am sorry sir, but I only see a protest group of one.

Protester: We have 800 facebook members.

Registrar: Ah facebook. The place where people fight the good fight from the comfort of their own home. How many of your members do you actually know?

Protester: Well, there is Mavis, but she has just had her account suspended; Mavis's dog...

Registrar: and how many accounts do you have sir?

Protester: One or two.

Hundred.

Well, maybe eight.

Registrar: I see sir. And what exactly are you protesting about?

Protester: I told you, we are protesting for protesting's sake without actually being a protest.

Registrar: Ah yes, that's the name of your group. The group of one. And possibly Mavis and her dog.

Protester: I protest at your attitude mate.

Registrar: Sir, I am afraid that you cannot protest without first registering your group...

Protester: This is just a waste of my time.

Registrar: I agree sir. Next.

As :censored: as the situation is, and as bad as its been only the last year or two... Thinking logical about it - it's as simple as were skint without a pot to piss in. Corneys made mistakes, but without him we'd be even more :censored:ed.

Taking Arsenal and there new stadium for example, that made them unable to compete for years. We're on a smaller scale and the new stand is crippling us

I understand your point, but the Arsenal comparison might not be the best.

They are the most profitable club, and 3rd highest income £329m, and this year got £100m in TV money/finishing position alone. THere issue is spending it wisely enough to be competitive.

You say 'thinking' without thinking. The new stand is only crippling us due to the way 'TTA' are running it, channelling cashflow into it and siphoning the juicy profits for themselves.

Same as they do with their housing estates and hospital units.

You say 'thinking' without thinking. The new stand is only crippling us due to the way 'TTA' are running it, channelling cashflow into it and siphoning the juicy profits for themselves.

Same as they do with their housing estates and hospital units.

Have to agree with this. We were promised a shiny new stand that would make the club money 7 days a week and give us a playing budget that, along with our "major" sponsorship deal with SD, would see us competing at the top of League One year in, year out.

What we have actually ended up with is an incomplete stand that has been built by cutting back on the budget for all aspects of the team such as playing budget, reserve team, pitch, cheap managerial appointments etc.

Not only has the club suffered just to get it built, but the promises that were made when we were told the stand would give us a bigger playing budget, have turned out to be complete and utter lies. In actual fact, all the money from the stand is going straight into Corney's pocket because our playing budget is getting smaller not bigger!

All Corney and Co have done to our club is strip it of every asset we had and left us impossible to buy without purchasing parts of the club seperately for ridiculous amounts of money.

I think the only way we can move forward as a club is leaving BP and starting afresh and being fan owned. I'd personally rather support a cause that's at the bottom moving up than a cause that's stagnant at this level.

Relegation next season might be the wake up call we need for enough fans to realise that we're in a living hell and a change of ownership is the way forward. Every time we "just stay up" is enough for some to think that it'll somehow get better under the Brassbank regime.

I've not seen us play since the 1-0 win vs Chesterfield at home. Worrying thing is, I've not missed it one bit.

Have to agree with this. We were promised a shiny new stand that would make the club money 7 days a week and give us a playing budget that, along with our "major" sponsorship deal with SD, would see us competing at the top of League One year in, year out.

What we have actually ended up with is an incomplete stand that has been built by cutting back on the budget for all aspects of the team such as playing budget, reserve team, pitch, cheap managerial appointments etc.

Not only has the club suffered just to get it built, but the promises that were made when we were told the stand would give us a bigger playing budget, have turned out to be complete and utter lies. In actual fact, all the money from the stand is going straight into Corney's pocket because our playing budget is getting smaller not bigger!

All Corney and Co have done to our club is strip it of every asset we had and left us impossible to buy without purchasing parts of the club seperately for ridiculous amounts of money.

Perfectly put - Well Done Sir!

Nailed it.

I have tweeted Simon Brooke, on the back of other peoples tweets, asking what the situation was regarding profit from Brass Bank owned part of the New stand

It seemed clear to me he said the profits are paying back the debt for the stand, and the inference is the greater the profits the faster the debt is repaid. Even if we did not use Brassbank, and were conventonally set up we would still have to pay debt of the stand out of the profits of the football and extra facilities.

The way it is set up, we are paying the debt from the profits of the extra facilities but keeping the football income.

How much worse of, if at all, would be difficult to calculate on the current information we have.

Id did say I would prefer greater clarity.

I have tweeted Simon Brooke, on the back of other peoples tweets, asking what the situation was regarding profit from Brass Bank owned part of the New stand

It seemed clear to me he said the profits are paying back the debt for the stand, and the inference is the greater the profits the faster the debt is repaid. Even if we did not use Brassbank, and were conventonally set up we would still have to pay debt of the stand out of the profits of the football and extra facilities.

The way it is set up, we are paying the debt from the profits of the extra facilities but keeping the football income.

How much worse of, if at all, would be difficult to calculate on the current information we have.

Interesting that his reply to someone else's administration question was "certainly not!"

And also that the budget is in line with last seasons. Which does suggest that there has been no change in the financial position of the club since Shez was appointed. And that Shez's move for "money" is more likely that he was offered more (personal and budget), rather than him being hoodwinked by Corney re budget with us.

If that's true, and as it comes from him I'm more inclined to believe it than the ramblings of some on here, then that makes me feel a little more positive about next season. Shez was able to get 4 months of promotion form on the budget he was given, so that could happen again with the right appointment.

The tweets from Simon Brooke (assuming he is correct and informed) should re-assure most, should show that sheridan was either mis quoted at Wembley or was pissed (again) and should show that long term the stand is viable and helpful.

Edited by kowenicki

If you buy a house, you have to pay a mortgage.

If you build a new £7m stand, you have to pay for it.

This stand will not be making a penny of profit yet.

Unless of course you think Corney pulled £7m out of his arse of course.

This really is simple finance, anyone with even a basic understanding of investments or building projects should be able to understand that the minute the front doors open does not equal the minute it starts to make a profit.

Ergo, the playing budget cannot and will not increase until the gearing of the business (or businesses) reduces.

Long term, the stand will make profit, and plenty of it. Short term, it will be painful.

Plenty of businesses have failed after over stretching themselves and it feels like this stand has been the same for latics.

How big is that debt figure that we owe on the stand? as we did get it part funded by grants and the fall out from Failsworth I assume it wasn't the full £7mill?