Questions for board via Trust (as requested by underdog 28/05/16)

Midsblue

Hi underdog, as requested -

1. Will Simon be actively involved in the selection process for the new manager and a voting voice of the actual recruitment?

2. I don't care why Sheridan left now but can Simon obtain and provide assurances that we have a realistic playing budget next season to compete at this level? I'm uncertain what the average weekly wage is but if we say £1k (as a median average to allow for star and fringe players) then squad budget of c£25k weekly average.

3. Have we in the last season received any interest in purchasing the club and could Simon provide a summary of what the standing debt and how that this split between the football club and then Brassbank.

I'd be really interested to know more around point 3. Between us fans I'm confident we can take a proactive role in trying to locate an interested party to take on the playing side of the club financially. I'm also certain there are fans who have contacts who in turn have contacts who once poring over the finances could turn the playing side into a viable and profitable model. There are debts in the stadium purchase and stand rebuild but this could be kept separate or operated separately to the club if purchased.

Dear Midsblue, as you can imagine it's been a busy week at boundary park but Simon Brooke has managed to find the time to answer the above questions you have. I have pasted them over from a message system so I hope they come through okay. The words are from Simon himself and should read as such. I hope this helps you

1. Yes I'll be involved, though it obviously depends on logistics of interviewing etc at this time of year. Depending on that/candidates etc dictates the extent to who/how many board involved. I have/will be asked for input though at the very least.

2. The budget that was agreed with the manager (and used for his decisions on the retained list and potential signings) way before last week (unlike what has been incorrectly reported) is actually above your figures. It wouldn't be right for me to be any more specific than that.

Is that competitive, I honestly don't know, we've seen this season once again that anything is possible (eg. Burton / Walsall / Doncaster / Blackpool). But, it is certainly more than in line with the only previous budget I've personally seen and is importantly still a manageable level for the football club. There is a huge amount of value in the player market this season with the change to the loan rules and a new manager coming in will have a pretty clean sheet to recruit the team he wants. It makes the next appointment important, which is why I'll certainly be putting my views across as always.

3. Interest yes, offers no not as far as I've been involved/informed. There's been a couple of parties that I'm aware of, but neither has reached any kind of formal stage. However, as I've said in all of my main updates this season (see the Trust website/social), the club remains up for sale and certainly the Trust is willing to speak with/help any seriously interested parties. There'll be a price for the club which is entirely down to what Simon Corney is willing to accept irrespective of splits of debt etc - this is up to the buyers to sort with him.

That's, as always, the honest answers I can give you based on all the information