More on Porter Switch

Guest oa exile

I think they should send Porter a bill for all the physio and treatment he has had - its been a case of, thanks for that Latics, now I am "fit" for another club better than you. He has to go now, though I still thank him for all the goals he scored.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should send Porter a bill for all the physio and treatment he has had - its been a case of, thanks for that Latics, now I am "fit" for another club better than you. He has to go now, though I still thank him for all the goals he scored.

That would be great to send him the bill for

it all would be a big shock to him just how much

money we have spent on him over the last 2 years!!!

I think they should send Porter a bill for all the physio and treatment he has had - its been a case of, thanks for that Latics, now I am "fit" for another club better than you.

I don't consider Motherwell to be in anyway a better club than us, they've no money and don't get big crowds.

I can't think that they can offer him anything we can't except a signing on fee as the'll avoid a transfer fee.

I consider Scottish football to be a joke even at SPL level.

I don't consider Motherwell to be in anyway a better club than us, they've no money and don't get big crowds.

I can't think that they can offer him anything we can't except a signing on fee as the'll avoid a transfer fee.

I consider Scottish football to be a joke even at SPL level.

I think he see's it more of a stepping stone rather than going to a better club. I mean Killen was nothing special for us, he looked good at times but rubbish at others, he spent a short time at Hibs and now he is at Celtic and will be playing in the Champions League next season. If Porter does well next season and manages to stay injury-free then he will be getting more offers from Championship clubs, maybe even lower Prem clubs and possibly Rangers/Celtic. You can't fault the guy for wanting to further his career - as i presume many of us do in our jobs - but it is anoying that it has dragged on so long and the petty jibes his agent and our club keep firing at each other just makes the situation worse

I think if you look at the chat boards of the 'well fans, even they are stunned that Porter is signing for them.... thye were bloomin awful last season, and thier crowds have fallen, mainly because they do not have a goalscorer, and absolutlely no creativity in the team...

They are all pretty thankful that Porter would even consider them, and think they have found thier goalscorer... fair enough... but can you imagine porter in a team that doesnt actually create any chances for him...?? he doesnt exactly score goals out of nothing....

Soooo... Porter is going to a team that are...

1. Relegation favourites from the SPL..

2. Get smaller crowds than ours

3. Have no creativity at all in thier side..

4. Are about to put all thier hopes and pressures on the "lethal" and "fit as a butchers dog" Chris Porter....

Great move Chris, brilliant.... can see some comparison to Killen that people have mentioned, which is an obvious one.... but everyone would agree i'm sure that Killen is/was a better finisher than Porter, and going to Hibs he went to a good, up and coming, creative team, who play good football, in front of big crowds in the scottish capital...

Motherwell are none of these... their fans are realists and a good bunch, and even they are stunned he is going there....

Did anyone say football scrapheap??? Wouldnt wish this on anyone... but what are you doing Chris???

Guest sheridans_world

Just like to point out!

If Motherwell go down, whatever Porter's performances are during next season, no english club will touch him with a ten foot barge pole...

Just like to point out!

If Motherwell go down, whatever Porter's performances are during next season, no english club will touch him with a ten foot barge pole...

Think you probably find they will mate - football has a funny way or relying on players reputations...

Sure Ronnie would be on the phone right away!

I think if you look at the chat boards of the 'well fans, even they are stunned that Porter is signing for them.... thye were bloomin awful last season, and thier crowds have fallen, mainly because they do not have a goalscorer, and absolutlely no creativity in the team...

They are all pretty thankful that Porter would even consider them, and think they have found thier goalscorer... fair enough... but can you imagine porter in a team that doesnt actually create any chances for him...?? he doesnt exactly score goals out of nothing....

Soooo... Porter is going to a team that are...

1. Relegation favourites from the SPL..

2. Get smaller crowds than ours

3. Have no creativity at all in thier side..

4. Are about to put all thier hopes and pressures on the "lethal" and "fit as a butchers dog" Chris Porter....

Great move Chris, brilliant.... can see some comparison to Killen that people have mentioned, which is an obvious one.... but everyone would agree i'm sure that Killen is/was a better finisher than Porter, and going to Hibs he went to a good, up and coming, creative team, who play good football, in front of big crowds in the scottish capital...

Motherwell are none of these... their fans are realists and a good bunch, and even they are stunned he is going there....

Did anyone say football scrapheap??? Wouldnt wish this on anyone... but what are you doing Chris???

I agree Hibs are much better than Motherwell but perhaps Motherwell are planning on investing in players this summer which is why Porter is considering them. I don't think Killen is that much better than Porter i think there pretty much equal, i personally would prefer Porter in my team than Killen. Anyway it could be the making or breaking of him, but it's down to him to decide where he thinks is the best place for him. Perhaps the injury isn't sorted like we all thought and he's worried this could be his last contract and he's looking to cash in. If i were him though Motherwell would be the last place i'd go

Is Mark Mcghee pinocchio? I've read a few articles and MM states that he was fully aware of Chris Porter from his time down south and was a striker he was interested in, but wasn't aware his contract was up this summer. Whilst in the Scottish Sun newspaper he's quoted as saying Chris Porter was his number one target and he's delighted to capture his signature. So I take it he and the Motherwell board had prepared a 700K bid?

I agree Hibs are much better than Motherwell but perhaps Motherwell are planning on investing in players this summer which is why Porter is considering them. I don't think Killen is that much better than Porter i think there pretty much equal, i personally would prefer Porter in my team than Killen. Anyway it could be the making or breaking of him, but it's down to him to decide where he thinks is the best place for him. Perhaps the injury isn't sorted like we all thought and he's worried this could be his last contract and he's looking to cash in. If i were him though Motherwell would be the last place i'd go

Yep, you never know what they are planning, but they do not have a pot of gold there, and the fans fully expect them to struggle again... Mark McGhee is a relatively big name manager, so maybe that has helped, but still, not much to lure not for us to know though.... but I tell you what, if we played them in a competitive game, i'd expect to hammer them....

Who knows.... The land of hopes and dreams...

"The largest "Fun Park" in Scotland is based within Strathclyde Park in the Motherwell vicinity. The park contains many sports and leisure facilities and has sites for bird-watchers and anglers. The woodland and grass areas are ideal for picnicking and leisurely strolls. Excavations in the park have revealed a site of archaeological interest including a Roman mosaic, Roman bath house and bridge (currently closed for health and safety reasons)."

Now thats good enough for me... Bird watchers & anglers in the same place - heaven...

Right, enough of this... have we signed Kilkenny Yet... ? :wink:

Edited by BigfinLatic

Guest oa_exile

The record transfer fee paid by Motherwell was to Everton for John Spencer in 1999 (£500,000) and the highest received was for Phil O'Donnell for his move to Celtic in 1994 (£1,750,000).

The record transfer fee paid by Motherwell was to Everton for John Spencer in 1999 (£500,000) and the highest received was for Phil O'Donnell for his move to Celtic in 1994 (£1,750,000).

have you got Motherwell based Tourettes Exile???

Just spouting random facts at us! :wink:

he continually struggled with iliotibial band friction syndrome [a thigh problem] - needing injections before games to enable him to play. Bowlegs his problem! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iliotibial_band_syndrome

Read the definition mate! Its a bloomin knee problem - its runner knee! the big ponce...

Definition

Iliotibial Band Syndrome is one of the leading causes of lateral knee pain in runners. The iliotibial band is a superficial thickening of tissue on the outside of the thigh, extending from the outside of the pelvis, over the hip and knee, and inserting just below the knee. The band is crucial to stabilizing the knee during running, moving from behind the femur to the front during the gait cycle. The continual rubbing of the band over the lateral femoral epicondyle, combined with the repeated flexion and extension of the knee during running may cause the area to become inflamed, or the band itself may suffer irritation.

[edit] Symptoms

Iliotibial Band Syndrome symptoms range from a stinging sensation just above the knee joint (on the outside of the knee or along the entire length of the iliotibial band) to swelling or thickening of the tissue at the point where the band moves over the femur.

Guest oa_exile
have you got Motherwell based Tourettes Exile???

Just spouting random facts at us! :wink:

:blush: i was trying to back up Lags quote "So I take it he and the Motherwell board had prepared a 700K bid?" and forgot to add the quote

With the gates they have £700K bids are nothing but a pipe dream for them.

*Cough* i prefer the term "spontaneous" :wink:

Did I say it wasn't Mr. argumentative? But it does start by saying a thigh problem causing trouble in the knees.

:grin:

Wasnt arguing mate! You were arguing, or was it me... who knows!

he is stil la big ponce though...

:stretcher: