Billy McKay signs

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good signing, but I'm a tiny bit concerned that our most notable signings are on loan. Let's hope that changes soon. Waiting for those two that seemed to be nailed-on yesterday.

I would guess this is one of yesterday's two. This could be a bloody good signing. I think there is a difference this year with the loan signings being for the full season. It seems a real statement of intent

I'm being serious. Came to Wigan as a regular goalscorer in Scotland with a big reputation, went back and carried on scoring goals. Obviously Robinson has seen him regularly when he was at Motherwell, and it's someone he works with at international call ups as well. Must know all about him.

I'm being serious. Came to Wigan as a regular goalscorer in Scotland with a big reputation, went back and carried on scoring goals. Obviously Robinson has seen him regularly when he was at Motherwell, and it's someone he works with at international call ups as well. Must know all about him.

Ok fair enough I just hadn't really heard much of him so was surprised to see someone say this is a coup hope your right and hopefully Robbo gets the best out of him.

Looks to be a very shrewd signing. Reckon you can probably disregard his Wigan days - joined at a bad time, then they brought in players above him. Getting a bloke in for free who, with his recent record, would cost you 6 figures isn't too bad at all.

Be nice to have some longer deals in place, but this is our first exciting signing, as far as I'm concerned.

Good signing, but I'm a tiny bit concerned that our most notable signings are on loan. Let's hope that changes soon. Waiting for those two that seemed to be nailed-on yesterday.

He scored 12 in 29 on loan last season. We'll be happy if he can replicate that..

Never seen him play. What type of a striker is he?

I will say this, though, just because i want to get there first - he's only scored one goal in English football, and that was for Hinckley!!!!

I don't mean it - welcome Billy.

Dont shoot the messenger, but I've been told - and don't take my word for it - they play with a square ball in Scotland...

Never seen him play. What type of a striker is he?

I will say this, though, just because i want to get there first - he's only scored one goal in English football, and that was for Hinckley!!!!

I don't mean it - welcome Billy.

A goal machine, two footed (Magister will love that) and good in the air for his size.

Edited by BP1960

Potentially a decent signing on paper this one

Seriously what better is expected, no striker scoring more than his average would be remotely interested in coming here or could they afford

1 year loan is arguably better than 1 year contract

It's the 2/3 month loans that are the annoying ones

Welcome Billy

Potentially a decent signing on paper this one

Seriously what better is expected, no striker scoring more than his average would be remotely interested in coming here or could they afford

1 year loan is arguably better than 1 year contract

It's the 2/3 month loans that are the annoying ones

Welcome Billy

Key word for me.

He's got a bit of pedigree though.

Season loan or one-year deal, pretty much the same at the end of the day, isn't it?