Trust AGM notes 20/06/16

underdog

Here you go folks, summary of the AGM. Details are posted on the trust official site.

www.trustoldham.co.uk. - thanks

The Trust Oldham AGM was held on the 20th June 2016, with a meeting of the new Trust board of directors held following on from this.

We would like to welcome three directors to the board. Mark Harrington, who has previously served as a co-opted director was voted onto the board, along with another co-opted director, Kenny Hopwood.

They were joined by Perry Gunn, who joins the board for the first time.

We would like to formally welcome all three onto the board.

There remains some space on the current board for co-opted directors. If you may be interested in volunteering your time and for more information on what this may involve please contact info@trustoldham.co.uk.

Standing down at the AGM, having reached the end of his latest 3 year stint, was Rick Attwood.

Rick has served on the Trust Oldham board for 9 years throughout which time he has dedicated a huge amount of time and been a key player for the Trust. He retires from Trust Oldham with our best wishes and thanks for his tremendous service over such an extended time. Rick will retain his Playershare duties.

At the directors meeting the Trust outlined a number of key initiatives for the forthcoming season:

1. Trust Membership will remain free for all Oldham Athletic 2016/17 season ticket holders. Joint communications with the club will outline the process for opting-in to this process.

2. The launch of Latics4Life. The renewal of the former Latics4Life campaign will see the Trust raising funds to purchase seasontickets/matchday tickets and, with support, additional merchandise for youngsters in the town. Details of the relaunch will be published soon.

3. Fundraising focused on 3 key areas; Playershare, Latics4Life and Trust Oldham central funds. These focus funds to a. the current, b. the future and c. the security of the club long-term.

4. Donation of 10% of annual Trust revenues to two selected charities: Chaddy Park Cerebral Palsy Football Team and Air Ambulance North West.

5. In partnership with the club, the establishment of an Ex-Players group to foster the long-term relationships with former players, managers and legends.

The Trust board are currently working on another significant initiative which we hope to be able to release information on very soon.

These initiatives are by no means a comprehensive list and we will be sharing further details on these soon.

• 4 weeks later...

giphy.gif

Whilst it's flattering that you like to follow my every post and try pathetically to mock it, I'm not sure what your problem is with me asking about progress 7 weeks after the meeting?

Is it just a petty personal vendetta? Perhaps you need to take a look at yourself kiddo?

Anything happened on any of these issues yet?

Any dates for a trust Q+A with fans?

Any news on how ST holders can become members?

Discussed at our meeting last night, wheels are in motion with regards to all the above and fans should see announcements rolled out as soon as things can like commitments, rooms ect can be confirmed. I think the ST activation will be first to announced.

As volunteers we try an meet up as often as we can. We tried every two months but have agreed monthly meetings are better so we can attempt to turn things around faster.

Tba cheers

Thanks tracy , any indication on timescales? The season has started and I want to join. Also, any idea when a Q+A might be - want to get there but have other stuff on too.

Edited by real

Thanks tracy , any indication on timescales? The season has started and I want to join. Also, any idea when a Q+A might be - want to get there but have other stuff on too.

Don't hold me over a barrel with it....roughly:

Membership rollout within the next 2/3 weeks, latics4life relaunch 3/4 weeks, meet the manager/player event within the next month (Aug), fans q and a roughly september time.

Obviously subject to other pieces of the jigsaw coming together too, like manager/player event availability. The OEC or laticzone being available for q and a marketing stuff revamping of latics4life. Also flexibility of trust volunteers to pull this together too.

Like I said don't be shooting me if it doesn't roll out that way..hence us usually not putting it out there until confirmed but...I willing to stick my neck out this time....eek