The OWTB Prediction League 2016/17

Stevie_J

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking that but didn't want to say. After last season's efforts, I was beginning to wonder if he'd ever seen Oldham play - or even seen any game of football ever. So many win predictions under Kelly and Dunn, followed by so many loss predictions with Shez in charge. Crackers.

Went for a win almost every week last time out - think I only put us down to get beat once all season - predicting with your heart rather than your head, not a tactic I'll be preaching about in my autobiography in years to come! Anyway 24, I don't think you could claim watching the Latics was an essential ingredient in reaching the upper echelons of prediction league stardom - the short supply of hall passes at your end last season surely can't have racked you up many minutes on the terraces?

Went for a win almost every week last time out - think I only put us down to get beat once all season - predicting with your heart rather than your head, not a tactic I'll be preaching about in my autobiography in years to come! Anyway 24, I don't think you could claim watching the Latics was an essential ingredient in reaching the upper echelons of prediction league stardom - the short supply of hall passes at your end last season surely can't have racked you up many minutes on the terraces?

You've got me. Lack of hall passes and terrace time was an issue last season. No excuses this time. I was planning as soon as the league was confirmed. (My first thought was I'll have to sack off Dulwich Hamlet completely next season.) Top tip: predict losses until Shez comes back in January. :-/

^Fresh meat for the grindr.

Pretty much, I've never had much success with prediction leagues. I can never find the centre ground, I'm either too optimistic or too pessimistic. There's no scientific approach here :grin:

Pretty much, I've never had much success with prediction leagues. I can never find the centre ground, I'm either too optimistic or too pessimistic. There's no scientific approach here :grin:

It's a good do.... get yer mates involved.....

Edited by lookersstandandy

Rules for last season are at the top of this board - http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/forum/78-owtb-prediction-league/

They will be updated soon but the format for predicting and the points system will be the same.

Brilliant. Thanks. So do we submit our entries in this thread starting with our promotion/relegation candidates and Latics Millwall score? Etc

Brilliant. Thanks. So do we submit our entries in this thread starting with our promotion/relegation candidates and Latics Millwall score? Etc

There'll be a thread posted in the Prediction League forum for every fixture and all players post their predictions for each game in the relevant thread.

The season predictions have been scrapped this season, after much controversy when they came back and bit the player who thought he'd won the title on the arse last season.

What is the prediction league and its rules?

Hi BP, it's a competition where you predict the outcome of every Latics league fixture throughout the season. Points are scored for accurate predictions and from that the league tables are formed. For last season's rules see the top of the Prediction League board - this will be tweaked to show rules for the coming season shortly. Entry is £10 for the season. Half of the entry money is used for prizes and the remainder is split between Playershare and Dr Kershaw's Hospice.

Hi BP, it's a competition where you predict the outcome of every Latics league fixture throughout the season. Points are scored for accurate predictions and from that the league tables are formed. For last season's rules see the top of the Prediction League board - this will be tweaked to show rules for the coming season shortly. Entry is £10 for the season. Half of the entry money is used for prizes and the remainder is split between Playershare and Dr Kershaw's Hospice.

Thanks, where do we enter the predictions?

Thanks, where do we enter the predictions?

Hi BP, there is a thread for each game under the OWTB Prediction League Forum. Here is an example of last season's opening day at Walsall;

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/47487-walsall-a-subscription-league-201516/

...and the subsequent League table after HarryBosch had correctly predicted the exact attendance:

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/47574-league-table-at-8th-august/

Edited by lookersstandandy

We'll see. In a much-depleted league in terms of quality, maybe you'll emerge from the lacklustre bunch. To be fair, it's there for the taking for the likes of youngen - players who aren't ruined by past failures or frightened of their own shadows because of the beatings they've taken off the quality.

Can I propose an amendment? How about cheaper entry and commensurately lower prize money for the second division mopes? Or is this another attack on the prestige of the professional game?

I agree.

I pay my dues for a year and many have paid them for far longer than but newbies can now just turn up and get a go at the easy money whereas we don't...

Can a mere novice like me not still be classed as an amateur like in golf or a young rider like they have in cycling??

Say for another 2 years or so until I've served my apprenticeship?