The OWTB Prediction League 2016/17

Stevie_J

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^NOT a contender. Beat before the first whistle. I suppose we'd better get used to that level of non-commitment now. Ah well.

My commitment was dashed on the opening day of the 2015/16 season, when a 100% correct match prediction saw me hit a season-high of 2nd, kept off the top spot by an incorrect match prediction and a lucky attendance shout. I never recovered from that. I'm not bitter though, and after a good off-season I'm back to restore some faith in the LaticsChris brand.

^NOT a contender. Beat before the first whistle. I suppose we'd better get used to that level of non-commitment now. Ah well.

For someone who declared a lack of interest in this season's competition, you're showing an awful lot of interest. And what's with this "we'd better get used to"? I thought you weren't going to be part of it. Is it the Royal "We"?

YOU don't have to get used to anything unless you're putting your money where your mouth is? :wink:

For someone who declared a lack of interest in this season's competition, you're showing an awful lot of interest. And what's with this "we'd better get used to"? I thought you weren't going to be part of it. Is it the Royal "We"?

I meant the watching public, who get their expert analysis from last season's champion.

My commitment was dashed on the opening day of the 2015/16 season, when a 100% correct match prediction saw me hit a season-high of 2nd, kept off the top spot by an incorrect match prediction and a lucky attendance shout. I never recovered from that. I'm not bitter though, and after a good off-season I'm back to restore some faith in the LaticsChris brand.

I agree the opening day shock was difficult to take. Here's some advice: next time, you need more resilience and bouncebackability. Last season, I turned that setback into motivation - of exactly the right type, as it turns out.

If something like that happens early doors, the only way to respond is bed in for a long, grim struggle. No matter how long and how grim it gets, you're staying. No good turning in perfect predictions in August and September. You need your game - and your big, decisive scores - in March and April, which is when I went top and pulled away from the early starters, resulting in overall victory. Good luck.

Can you get relegated in this new league?....I best start making an effort and be more realistic...aagghh

If you're in the Premier League, the bottom three at the end of the season will be relegated to the Championship next season. Until we have final numbers, I can't be 100% certain who will be in the Prem.

With the current number of players, and if we went with a 20 player Premier League, it would pan out like this:

6IbWO2w.jpg

Premier League 1-20, Championship onwards (1 - 11 at present). Last season's final points total determines the top 20. It will all change as more join in (we hope). It is possible the two divisions could be made more equal if we don't get the numbers.

All paid and in...

Is it not poss just to have 1 league?

That's what we used to have, however if predictors were off the pace after a couple of months, there was less incentive to predict.... So this season we're gonna trial 2 leagues, promotion with play offs and relegation to see if that helps keep it interesting for everybody. Prize money equal for both divisions.

All paid and in...

Is it not poss just to have 1 league?

^That. A smaller second league means it's easier to win, especially given the number of absolute chumps in it from last season, and yet the prize money is the same.

Unfortunately, "OWTB Prediction League Lavishly Rewards Failure" won't make the headlines.

^That. A smaller second league means it's easier to win, especially given the number of absolute chumps in it from last season, and yet the prize money is the same.

Unfortunately, "OWTB Prediction League Lavishly Rewards Failure" won't make the headlines.

...he disagree's with it so vehemently, this was his response to it when it was first floated...

I agree with this suggestion. Top 20 in the Prem, all other professionals in the Championship. Separate prizes for both leagues, play-offs for your Championship try-hards, and one relegation to the amateurs to replace whoever wins that league. If you come bottom of the Championship, you have to pay double the next year for readmission, similar to the bribes system that got Rochdale off the hook so many times.

....the lesson here being, pay no attention to this man, he's as principled and consistent as Donald Trump.

Edited by lookersstandandy

With the current number of players, and if we went with a 20 player Premier League, it would pan out like this:

6IbWO2w.jpg

Premier League 1-20, Championship onwards (1 - 11 at present). Last season's final points total determines the top 20. It will all change as more join in (we hope). It is possible the two divisions could be made more equal if we don't get the numbers.

I was assuming it'd be split equally - this is even more flawed