Clarke signs

Clarke's replacement at Bury will be Leon Barnett, from the article on the bury times:

Although delighted with his new capture, Flitcroft reserved praise for his former defender Clarke.

"We had a meeting at the end of the season looking closely at who the big earners on big wages were."

"As I have said before all of our players are available for sale and Peter attracted a lot of interest given his performances last season.

Oldham wanted him so we had to make the best decision for this football club. We got a good deal and we see it as one in one out.

I would like to thank Peter for all his hard work and wish him all the best in his future where I'm sure he will continue to be successful.

Did we pay a fee?

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

Decent signing - I assume this mean Aaron Hughes is not happening though.

Well he ain't coming to sit on the bench is he? I suppose it depends on the formation Robinson intends to play....however he can play anywhere across the back 4 and in midfield so you never know.

Bury conceded 73 goals last year....we conceded 58. Just saying

And still won fans player of the year!!! What does that tell you about the player we are getting ? Quality. Think our defence this year could be the best for many years

Bury conceded 73 goals last year....we conceded 58. Just saying

Season before at Blackpool his defence conceded 91.

I am not making any assessment about his ability cos I have no idea but I think we just need to temper our euphoria. And expectations. It is a 35 year old Clarke not a 25 year Ramos we have signed

Season before at Blackpool his defence conceded 91.

I am not making any assessment about his ability cos I have no idea but I think we just need to temper our euphoria. And expectations. It is a 35 year old Clarke not a 25 year Ramos we have signed

Despite the number of goals conceded he swept their player of the season awards. So must be something in that.

He's an old head with plenty of experience at this level so is very important to a young squad thrown together very quickly.

Well he ain't coming to sit on the bench is he? I suppose it depends on the formation Robinson intends to play....however he can play anywhere across the back 4 and in midfield so you never know.

Robinson seems quite keen on playing three centre backs.

Despite the number of goals conceded he swept their player of the season awards. So must be something in that.

He's an old head with plenty of experience at this level so is very important to a young squad thrown together very quickly.

Also, weren't Bury set up to score a lot rather than be tight at the back?

They failed at this - either Clarke isn't as good as we think or Flitcroft's not a very good manager. I know what my money would be on.....

Edited by HarryBosch

Christ Robbo's been here 5 minutes and after 2 friendly kickabouts all the football experts on here are already telling him where he's going wrong. We're a few weeks behind other teams and some of our players aren't even on first name terms yet. Friendlies in pre-season are to try things, have a look at players and get them up to fitness for the start of the season.

I'll wait until November time to judge our manager and team....give em a break and chill out for Christ's sake!!

Christ Robbo's been here 5 minutes and after 2 friendly kickabouts all the football experts on here are already telling him where he's going wrong. We're a few weeks behind other teams and some of our players aren't even on first name terms yet. Friendlies in pre-season are to try things, have a look at players and get them up to fitness for the start of the season.

I'll wait until November time to judge our manager and team....give em a break and chill out for Christ's sake!!

I think you are mistaking people's observations from friendlies for criticism...part of the fun of being a football fan is thinking you know where things can be improved. Chill out and let people air their views. Edited by Blue_Guru