• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long jump includes sitting down.

And therefore heptathlon.

1. You're wrong.

2. Shut up.

3. Please clear the browsing history after using my laptop, I can't see how 'victoria pendleton fhm' helped you update your CV.

They were talking on the news this morning about how Jessica Ennis-Hill isn't favourite for gold and Katarina Johnson-Thompson will be challenging her. Much as I'd like to see KJT win it'd be a big achievement for her to get any medal. Looking forward to it.

And it's all the more impressive because it's difficult to believe that our lads and lassies win with pharmaceutical help. (*They* win by cheating...but *we* win through honest endeavour.)

How are you imply that this isn't a perfectly natural growth pattern!

article-2166394-11D09268000005DC-97_306x

We've also been doing alright in the events (it's a stretch to call them "sports") where judges decide the outcome, which just goes to show all the sceptics that the lottery money is effectively targeted.

£5.5 million per medal (or gold, I can't even remember) so far...

£5.5 million per medal (or gold, I can't even remember) so far...

Cheap at twice the price. And I can't get enough of the flag-waving and blubbing and zany Sir Bradley Wiggins.

As for the cash...as long as it's not from general taxation, it's okay isn't it? You wouldn't want something essential (a school) or commercially viable (football) funded from the lottery, so why not spend it on a charming young lady on a dancing horse?

For those who believe it's all in the stars: Donald Campbell, Sir Roger Bannister, Mike Atherton, Sir Steve Redgrave, Sir Chris Hoy, Jason Kenny, Mo Farah and Joe Calzaghe were all born on 23rd March.

Not forgetting, also born on that day, Fernando Hierro, ex-Bolton and the new manager of Real Oviedo. :Spain: