Oxford 10th Dec

lookersstandandy

• 2 weeks later...

The coach back to London, which runs through the centre of town (train station is a bit out) runs all night back to Victoria...

The Oxford Tube...

I'm asking a few friends who studied there for pub suggestions. I've got a very very long list. Going to be a long fun day

Edited by latic12345

The Oxford Tube...

I'm asking a few friends who studied there for pub suggestions. I've got a very very long list. Going to be a long fun day

It is defo a city of pubs. What that'll mean in practice is we either all end up in different ones, drinking alone in some cases, or all end up in the Spoons, possibly missing quite a bit of the game. The stadium is absolutely miles away from the city centre isn't it? Taxis? Buzz?

It is defo a city of pubs. What that'll mean in practice is we either all end up in different ones, drinking alone in some cases.....

...How does that differ from an average Saturday for you?

The stadium is absolutely miles away from the city centre isn't it? Taxis?

Have they got Uber out there? Worked a treat at Millwall didn't it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I might get snotty about the Spoons in a town full of top boozers. I don't know when anyone else is getting there, but how's about meeting at The Bear, followed by St Aldates Tavern...then head south to pick up cabs / Ubers. (We need to head south for transportation because of the no-cars-shall-pass city centre, which is where you find the Four Candles.)

When is everyone getting there?

Right, so I accosted a work colleague who lives in Oxford and gave them the following brief, gimme the name of some pubs that are neither cheap and cheerful chains, or poncy bearded hipster hang outs [sorry 24hours] that are ideal for Northerners who preference real ale and craft beers.

Subsequently, I have been presented with the following;

The Turf Tavern: OX1 3SU which is 0.8 miles / 16 minute walk from Oxford train station.

http://www.turftavern-oxford.co.uk/

St Aldates Tavern: OX1 3BU which is 0.7 miles / 13 minute walk from Oxford train station.

http://www.staldatestavernoxford.co.uk/

Chequers: OX1 4DH which is 0.7 miles / 13 minute walk from Oxford train station.

http://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/restaurants/southeast/thechequersoxford