When life deals you an unexpected blow

opinions4u

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, opinions4u said:

Trips to Montenegro and Northern Ireland now planned.

https://travelinhopeblog.wordpress.com/2017/04/05/the-giants-causeway/

There's the Ponderosa, Ireland's highest pub, above my mum's manor. I gather it's changed quite a lot since it was a watering hole for gentlemen setting up unofficial toll bars.

2 hours ago, opinions4u said:

Good reads again O4U, glad you like Anglesey. Myself and the wife take regular mini breaks on the island which also entails the dog tagging along.

Up until a few years ago it was somewhere we hardly visited but after our eldest started studying at Bangor we kept getting drawn back by the beauty of the place.

We also find the Lyn peninsula is a wonderful place to de-stress.

17 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Good reads again O4U, glad you like Anglesey. Myself and the wife take regular mini breaks on the island which also entails the dog tagging along.

Up until a few years ago it was somewhere we hardly visited but after our eldest started studying at Bangor we kept getting drawn back by the beauty of the place.

We also find the Lyn peninsula is a wonderful place to de-stress.

My sister has just given me a key to this holiday home.  If she's not here, I can be.

The world has come a long way since the invention of the caravan.

• 2 weeks later...

The fire at Christie Hospital has disrupted important research.  There's a link in my latest blog giving you the chance to chuck a few quid at getting them back on track.

It might just mean I get to an age where I want to moan in the Main Stand instead of the Frizzell Stand.

https://travelinhopeblog.wordpress.com/2017/04/28/as-the-cancer-hospital-caught-fire-my-first-concern-was-for-the-rats/