'Meat Pie, Sausage Roll' – The Musical - Some free beer & pies!

Oldham Coliseum is planning to stage a musical homage to Latics fans, based around the season that culminated with the Latics v Sheffield Wednesday 2nd Division Championship-winning game.

On Thursday 17 November at 6.30pm they’re hosting an event to hear your memories of that season, to help them shape the musical. Tickets are free but need to be booked via the Coliseum Box Office. The evening will feature some free beer and some pies. You can also email your stories to: meatpiecoliseum@gmail.com

http://www.coliseum.org.uk/meat-pie-sausage-roll/

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldham Coliseum's narrative for the proposed musical about the 1990/91 season states “Last season was the best in the club's history; they got to Wembley not once but twice in an incredible cup run”.

I've pointed out to the Coliseum that Latics only reached Wembley once in the 1989/90 season – the Littlewoods Cup Final against Forest. The F.A. Cup semi-final and replay were both played at Maine Road. The Club’s other Wembley appearance came in the 1994 F.A. Cup semi-final.

What has Meat Pie Sausage Roll - a Grandad Roberts pisstake around briefly in the mid 90's got to do with OAFC and in particular 1990-91?

Somebody had it on a flattened out out cardboard box, painted white with blue letters if memory serves. They used to hold it up in The Chaddy, I think it got in the papers or the tv (or both!) and stuck.

That's what's in my head anyway.

Oldham Coliseum's narrative for the proposed musical about the 1990/91 season states Last season was the best in the club's history; they got to Wembley not once but twice in an incredible cup run.

I've pointed out to the Coliseum that Latics only reached Wembley once in the 1989/90 season the Littlewoods Cup Final against Forest. The F.A. Cup semi-final and replay were both played at Maine Road. The Clubs other Wembley appearance came in the 1994 F.A. Cup semi-final.

Poor research even at an early stage

"Tell your ma, your ma,

to put the champagne on ice,

we're going to Wembley twice,

tell your ma, your ma."

Maybe the confusion is borne out of this classic song?

....there was a brief point where we were singing thrice.... With the prospect of the play off final being a distinct possibility too. Sadly it was only the once....