'Meat Pie, Sausage Roll' – The Musical - Some free beer & pies!

Saw this tonight - it was really enjoyable. It's funny, and has tonnes of references to the 90/91 season. We even had Andy Ritchie end up on the stage at the end! Chris Taylor was watching too.

Would definitely try and head down in the next couple of weeks if you get the chance.

Did make me extremely jealous of not witnessing all the success though...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this tonight - it was really enjoyable. It's funny, and has tonnes of references to the 90/91 season. We even had Andy Ritchie end up on the stage at the end! Chris Taylor was watching too.

Would definitely try and head down in the next couple of weeks if you get the chance.

Did make me extremely jealous of not witnessing all the success though...

We are going on Sat after we have won 3-2.

Thank god I saw those years in my 47 years of supporting my team

Saw this on Sat. Only 2 of us were latics fans. One United fan with us and 2 non supporting women as well. All really enjoyed it. Laugh out loud moments galore.

If your a latics fan and have the time to see this but don't. You want your head testing. It's brilliant

Booked for the last night. Cannot wait (never thought I'd say that about a musical!).

Lucky enough to have seen the "pinch me" years in the flesh (and England get to a WC semi-final).....football seemed easy and mostly enjoyable in those heady days.

I do wonder if I'd have got the "bug" if I'd watched 10 years on league one dross at the start of my footballing life rather than the 85 to 95 period....

When I saw this was being made I was well up for it, particularly after the great job they made of "Dreamers". However, the main thing putting me off is the title. It makes me think they don't really get Latics. If they'd called it "Pinch Me" I'd have been in like a shot.

Fan bloody tastic!!!!! We went on Friday after a bite to eat at the Smokeyard and enjoyed every minute. Highlight for me at halftime, walking into the toilet parked myself at the urinal and whose next to me, only big Joe himself :clint: Chat with the man saying he couldn't believe it was all 25+ years ago, made my night.

Went last night, thoroughly enjoyable. Mrs P loved it too... as my last visit to the Coliseum was in 1985 as an eight year old to watch Mother Goose, I was surprised how small the auditorium was. The Stuart Pyke bits were a nice touch, sounded like a mixture of re-recordings (good of him to give his time up) and the live chaos of the final day. Glad I went.

4 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

Went last night, thoroughly enjoyable. Mrs P loved it too... as my last visit to the Coliseum was in 1985 as an eight year old to watch Mother Goose, I was surprised how small the auditorium was. The Stuart Pyke bits were a nice touch, sounded like a mixture of re-recordings (good of him to give his time up) and the live chaos of the final day. Glad I went.

Same as ,went on Friday, was impressed with how they had done the research on  the songs, seen a lot worse