Wimbledon AFC

Robbo would have loved that.

Kept it tight and then nearly snatched it at the end.

I was fkn bored...again!

Managers in previous years have almost been lynched for turning out that standard of football. Ronnie Moore was hounded and it was far more exciting than this :censored:.

I have defended managers and players time and time again with certain exceptions ahem special mention but this is up there with the worst in my opinion. We don't score and we don't look like scoring. No real attacking intent and playing for a point at home. Robinson will take us down and the apathy is overwhelming.

He talks a good game but he can go already for me. Yawn!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIFY

Dont be such a patronising tw-t

Fane simply has to get better when in possession . Does he really do enough without the ball to justify a start ?

Dunne was woeful first half and I would have a new left back as a priority if we can strengthen in January as Reckord is poor too .

On the plus side thought Burgess looked more composed today and has added a little bit of aggression to his game . Would imagine Croft and Ladapo will start against scunny , both made decent impact from the bench .

If relying on Croft is necessary then there is only 1 way to go. Is Dunne really not better than Reckord?

To be fair their keeper kept them in it too. We were easily the better team second half. Very unlucky not to win imo.

The scramble looked like it crossed the line from the North Stand. Anyone see it more clearly?

Hope the fan is ok.

A few very simple save's and one good one to match Ripley's in the first half. He didn't have to do much to keep them in it.

If you say so. Seeing what you want to see. We deserved to win that game.

Yep probably but we didn't and deserving to win doesn't mean it was good, entertaining or a match were a goalkeeper had to work hard to earn his money.

Watch the 'highlights' he wasn't tested until the late chance that we should have scored. You are looking for positives....Im not seeing many, if any.

Edited by palmer1

Could have won it in the end, improved after Croft came on. Flynn looked ok up front with Ladapo, maybe the manager might start with them at Scunthorpe?

Both centre backs solid today I thought. Banks is an enigma, gets caught out for pace, yet can hit some great passes.

Our finishing cost us the win but our approach play was encouraging for me. Much more effort to pass into attacking positions rather than long ball or the cop out of crosses which nobody was ever going to attack. Not classic but not as bad as is being made out.

It strikes me that some people have their post written for here before the match even kicks off. Not scintillating by any means but heading in the right direction. We dominated the second half, deserved to win and we DID score. Like Jorvik I was in line in the north stand, definitely crossed the line.

Wasn't there today but have read from Dons' journo that Mclaughlin was a 'menace', creating a few chances from crosses.

We'll score more goals if we've got a winger with a quality delivery, that's for sure. If you keep putting them on a plate surely even our hopeless strikers will eventually put some away.

No where near as bad as Penney IMO, we were poor first half and could have easily been behind at half time.

Second half we were much better and looked better still after Croft and Ladapo came on, we could and probably should have won it at the end, way to many draws and not scoring anywhere near enough goals.

As mentioned above the Wimbledon 33 looked a really decent player at this level.

No where near as bad as Penney IMO, we were poor first half and could have easily been behind at half time.

Second half we were much better and looked better still after Croft and Ladapo came on, we could and probably should have won it at the end, way to many draws and not scoring anywhere near enough goals.

As mentioned above the Wimbledon 33 looked a really decent player at this level.

"Way too many draws"....we have lost as many as we have drawn!

If relying on Croft is necessary then there is only 1 way to go. Is Dunne really not better than Reckord?

Somebody said exactly the same thing behind me today in the North stand about Croft. Cant say Dunne is better than Reckord, poor first touch,but hes a lot stronger than Reckord, wins more tackles. Shows how bad it is when Im rating players for their strength rather than ability!

Even when we have won games we haven't looked great.We are playing Trying to "nick a goal" no matter what the circumstances.This would have been a good result/performance away from home.Sometimes it pays off ,as we saw against Scunthorpe (got 2 on that occasion, granted) but we have to adjust at home against Wimbledon for crying out loud.

It strikes me that some people have their post written for here before the match even kicks off. Not scintillating by any means but heading in the right direction. We dominated the second half, deserved to win and we DID score. Like Jorvik I was in line in the north stand, definitely crossed the line.

Spot on

Not scored in seven of nine home games, not sure that can be bettered by any manager ever Penney included.

There's so much wrong it would be difficult to know where to start, about as limited a bunch of players barring two that your ever going to see, simple 10 yard passes going astray, missed tackles and nobody showing for throw ins it was painful to watch, im sure we will hear about missed chances but we are just plain awful.

Did I say we are 'relying on Croft ' or that Dunne is better than Reckord though ?

Croft improved us today did he not ? And I said that I think both of our current left backs are poor .