Wimbledon AFC

Absolutely turgid. We put a bit of pressure on once Croft came on, but seriously that was very poor. Fair play to you guys that sit through that every week.

Whilst the offer was a great move by the club, you will struggle to find many people that are willing to part with any money at all for that level of performance ...

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It strikes me that some people have their post written for here before the match even kicks off. Not scintillating by any means but heading in the right direction. We dominated the second half, deserved to win and we DID score. Like Jorvik I was in line in the north stand, definitely crossed the line.

The fact that they can write their post before the match even kicks off and that those reports can still be posted after the match is perhaps a very significant clue ......

Wasn't the worst I've seen us play, but it was far from good. Poor in the first half, better in the second.

Steve Eyre summed it up well on GMR - all our attacks come down the right hand side, nothing down the left, and no creativity in midfield; nobody to drive the ball forward.

It's clear Robinson doesn't know his best 11 but you can't blame him for chopping and changing. He's desperately trying to find the right combination.

I think we have to give Robbo the January window to try and sort this mess out and hope we can stay in touch until then.

I keep wondering if its the fault of the players, the manager, or a combination of both. Most of these players were panic signings and there was no time to pick and choose. A large percentage are clearly not fit for purpose and I don't think anyone could mould a team out of this sorry lot.

Take Clarke & Ripley out of this team and we would be well and truly anchored at the bottom. These strikers couldn't hit a barn door, we've got a steady supply line now on the right from McLaughlin but still no goals and until we get more bodies in the penalty area the problem will persist.

We are so light in numbers when going forward it's criminal....we are 2 against 5 or 6 every time. 4 goals and 1 win from 9 home games is truly abysmal and no amount of cheap offers will get extra bums on seats. I thought we couldn't possibly get any worse in our scoring exploits of the last couple of seasons but we've clearly plumbed new depths!

Almost 40% the way through the season and we have managed just 9 goals and on track for 25 over the season...WOW!!!!!!

On another subject but equally as baffling, why doesn't anyone show for throw ins , there's no movement whatsoever and no interest!

The fact that they can write their post before the match even kicks off and that those reports can still be posted after the match is perhaps a very significant clue ......

My point is that there are people ready to moan and do so despite the fact that the last half hour was very encouraging.

Ripley - quality as ever

Dummigan - bad game for him. Passing was off. Linked up ok with McGlaughlin on occasion

Clarke - brilliant again

Burgess - his passing is worse than James Wilson's somehow. Doesn't read the balls over the top and can't win a header without pushing his man

Dunne - also couldn't pass today and a touch like a rapist all game

McGlaughlin - looks another good signing. Delivered some beautiful crosses again and dangerous when running at his man

Fane - great defensively in breaking up play. When he has the ball someone like Banks or Flynn should be coming short for him. Everyone knows his strength isn't passing

Banks - played about 3 nice passes. Was about 2 seconds behind play all game and gave away a free kick edge of box because he :censored: out/wasn't paying attention

Flynn - didn't turn up

Erwin - touch was appalling today, does keep getting left in positions where he has 2/3 defenders round him with no support though

McKay - worked hard, was unlucky when he got on end of McGlaughlin's driven cross

I've been as fed up,bored and critical as most on here,but today we were playing a better team than most we have seen this season. We are slowly getting better

and today could have won and did create chances which wasn't happening a month ago. The coach and some players that we have are making progress and with a couple of new players in January for the first time this season I feel there may be a chance of survival. Survival in itself isn't great, but the owners continue to position the club at Division 2 /Conference level.

Until there is a sale to investors that can run with a competitive budget we are doomed to the same situation year after year. At some point we will run out of luck (or completely out of money) and move down to our correct level.

Technically we didn't score, not one person was in line with that goal line so as much as you want to give us the goal it was ruled out by the liner who had the best view in the house, people creaming themselves over a goal we didn't get, must be the same ones telling us how difficult it is to hit the post, simple fact is we've drawn a blank in seven of our nine home games and we are scoring a goal on average every two and a half hours at home, that's :censored:ing abysmal and there's no way of dressing that up.

I thought we couldn't possibly get any worse in our scoring exploits of the last couple of seasons but we've clearly plumbed new depths!

This is so true it made me laugh.

I'd have struggled to imagine at the start of the season, even with how bad our summer was, that we could be so impotent at home. 7 goalless games in 9 is so Latics it's laughable.

To be honest I switched off from the football when the incident in the Frizzell stand happened. The football Became insignificant when you realise someone's fighting for their life on the terraces.

Anyway, my opinion is we give the manager some lea way, it's not his fault we were left with scraps and he has pulled off a couple of decent players via the loan system like RIpley....thank god he's quality but needs to sort his goal kicking out. I am hoping we can just keep in the mix, grind some points out...yes I know not brilliant but if can and hope, just hope we can buy someone who knows where the onion bag is or minimum can get on the end of a cross. The other option maybe as fans, is if we can boosts the playershare kitty with on line shopping, especially coming up to Xmas, then us fans can contribute and help the manager too

WIth regards to shots on target it was shocking, thought we only looked like we could have nicked it when crofty came on. Curious to know we we actually have won more/scored when he's been playing.

Thoughts for the man who became ill and well done to everyone who played their part in helping. Think this is two games on the trot the staff, stewards and paramedics have swung into action.

Edited by underdog

I think we have to give Robbo the January window to try and sort this mess out and hope we can stay in touch until then.

I keep wondering if its the fault of the players, the manager, or a combination of both.

I want Robbo to succeed and our goals against record is only bettered by 4 teams in our league. So he clearly understands how to set up a team well defensively (Clarke and Ripley play a big part but the others do their bit) and barring exceptional circumstances that should be enough for the manager to get another transfer window.

Sadly our scoring record in the league (especially at home) is exceptionally bad. If we're still averaging half a goal per game come January I don't think Robbo will have a leg to stand on.

Technically we didn't score, not one person was in line with that goal line so as much as you want to give us the goal it was ruled out by the liner who had the best view in the house, people creaming themselves over a goal we didn't get, must be the same ones telling us how difficult it is to hit the post, simple fact is we've drawn a blank in seven of our nine home games and we are scoring a goal on average every two and a half hours at home, that's :censored:ing abysmal and there's no way of dressing that up.

No he didn't

I'm a ST holder but I chose not to go today. I didn't have big plans or anything, I just thought that rather than sitting freezing my arse off for two hours watching the most turgid football you can imagine, I'd rather enjoy my Saturday. And I did just that. Now I've come on here to get a picture of the game and find that it was exactly what I thought it would be. This is the kind of day I remember when I'm deciding whether or not to renew my ST in the summer. I didn't renew until Robinson was in place this year, so two weeks before the season kicked off. Some people will renew no matter what but I'm not one of those people. I need to want to renew, to be excited for a new season. I don't owe the club anything, it's up to them to make me want to attend. At the moment I don't.

Having said this, I'm not placing our problems solely at the feet of Robinson, who knows where we'd be now if he'd had more than fourteen or so days to throw together a squad. I think as long as we're in touching distance of safety in January then he should be allowed to stay and make additions to the squad.

I think that we are doomed to be in a perpetual state of battling for survival until we either get new ownership or go down. Not having a go at Corney, he's done what he can but at this point he's just allowing us to decay. I'm still not entirely sure what happened in the summer, why there was a mass exodus from the club but that has to be down to him and the board.

Robbo would have loved that.

Kept it tight and then nearly snatched it at the end.

I was fkn bored...again!

Managers in previous years have almost been lynched for turning out that standard of football. Ronnie Moore was hounded and it was far more exciting than this :censored:.

I have defended managers and players time and time again with certain exceptions ahem special mention but this is up there with the worst in my opinion. We don't score and we don't look like scoring. No real attacking intent and playing for a point at home. Robinson will take us down and the apathy is overwhelming.

He talks a good game but he can go already for me. Yawn!

totally agree with you p1, season ticket holder an gave it away the last 2 games, went today and was board out me head on the attack front!! Edited by oafc21

I'm a ST holder but I chose not to go today. I didn't have big plans or anything, I just thought that rather than sitting freezing my arse off for two hours watching the most turgid football you can imagine, I'd rather enjoy my Saturday. And I did just that. Now I've come on here to get a picture of the game and find that it was exactly what I thought it would be. This is the kind of day I remember when I'm deciding whether or not to renew my ST in the summer. I didn't renew until Robinson was in place this year, so two weeks before the season kicked off. Some people will renew no matter what but I'm not one of those people.

I need to want to renew, to be excited for a new season. I don't owe the club anything, it's up to them to make me want to attend. At the moment I don't.

Having said this, I'm not placing our problems solely at the feet of Robinson, who knows where we'd be now if he'd had more than fourteen or so days to throw together a squad. I think as long as we're in touching distance of safety in January then he should be allowed to stay and make additions to the squad.

I think that we are doomed to be in a perpetual state of battling for survival until we either get new ownership or go down. Not having a go at Corney, he's done what he can but at this point he's just allowing us to decay. I'm still not entirely sure what happened in the summer, why there was a mass exodus from the club but that has to be down to him and the board.

Valid points. Robinson never really stood a chance this season.

A fan became unwell during the game. The official twitter just mentioned it!

'Thoughts and prayers of Oldham Athletic are with the #oafc fan taken ill in the Family and Community section of the Jimmy Frizzell stand.'

Anhar miah @AnhaMiah 3h3 hours ago

@OfficialOAFC v @AFCWimbledon an elderly gentleman collapsed and stopped breathing. This lady saved his life. Well done #oldham #OldhamHour

CxFGHlEWQAAAHFY.jpg

:applause1::imnotworthy::chubb: