Wimbledon AFC

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was as bad as anything I have seen - so don't think that's extreme.

The Cardiff City 1-7 debacle where we were 0-5 down was definitely worse than that also when we played Bolton at Burnden Park in 96 when the game was over after half an hour, In the Sharvey era was definitely worse than that.

Yesterday wasn't even the worsed first half this season Swindon and MK were worse.

It was still :censored: though and 2 sides playing ugly football.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Played a fun game of 'where's Dummigan?' watching those highlights...

Robinson's point about Banks' need to improve the defensive part of his game looks pretty prescient with their one-on-one chance. Jogging back, applying no pressure, ball-watching.

Banks is a show pony and thinks he's better than he is...loves the glamour long balls but fails at holding position, tracking back, defending and positioning. He loves pointing to the gaps he's left when the opposition atttack to try and cover the fact he isn't there trying to blame others...a lazy player!

He should be dropped for leaving that tea cosy hat on his head for the interview with Latics player this week never mind being poor ha ha.

Edited by super_blue

Banks is a show pony and thinks he's better than he is...loves the glamour long balls but fails at holding position, tracking back, defending and positioning. He loves pointing to the gaps he's left when the opposition atttack to try and cover the fact he isn't there trying to blame others...a lazy player!

He should be dropped for leaving that tea cosy hat on his head for the interview with Latics player this week never mind being poor ha ha.

I thought he was quite good when pushed further up field in the 2nd half.

Why does Banks have to do his :censored:ing hair after every pass he makes, don't get me wrong he's a good range of passing when given time and space but he's soft as :censored: and needs one or two around him to do his dirty work. What yesterday really highlighted is that our midfield all have major flaws and we don't really have any steady Eddies like a Mike Jones who will give you 7/10 most games and chip in with the odd goal, thought Flynn tried to make something happen and McLaughlin stuck at it but it's just not enough unfortunately.

Guest nonaenever

Think Banks is a luxury we can't afford at the moment. Yes, does one or two sublime passes but also passed it straight to their players a few times yesterday too! He does tend to "swan around" the pitch as though he's some kind of mercurial player but is poor defensively and too soft. With him in the side, we do seem lacking in midfield in the absence of a Kelly type player.

Think Banks is a luxury we can't afford at the moment. Yes, does one or two sublime passes but also passed it straight to their players a few times yesterday too! He does tend to "swan around" the pitch as though he's some kind of mercurial player but is poor defensively and too soft. With him in the side, we do seem lacking in midfield in the absence of a Kelly type player.

Banks will always struggle in a 2. Doesn't do anywhere near enough dirty work. When Green is fit they all should play in there. Banks being under strict instruction to get the ball wide.

Edited by welshgaz

I agree Gaz a midfield five of Banks Fane and Green central with McLaughlin and Flynn working the flanks would for me be a better option, play one up front I'd say Erwin and that would be a much more balanced side, both our left backs are struggling though which is another issue that needs addressing in the window.

Football wise at home we have been inferior to almost every team we've played....opposing players are fitter, more mobile, more determined, more organised and quicker in both thought and movement. We are 2nd best in every department almost every game.

We are a very poor side in an extremely average division, all the players we've signed were available for a reason and we now know why!!

I agree Gaz a midfield five of Banks Fane and Green central with McLaughlin and Flynn working the flanks would for me be a better option, play one up front I'd say Erwin and that would be a much more balanced side, both our left backs are struggling though which is another issue that needs addressing in the window.

Yes Dunne had a mare yesterday particularly positionally. Rarely in line with the rest of the back 4.

Football wise at home we have been inferior to almost every team we've played....opposing players are fitter, more mobile, more determined, more organised and quicker in both thought and movement. We are 2nd best in every department almost every game.

We are a very poor side in an extremely average division, all the players we've signed were available for a reason and we now know why!!

There appears to be something holding back these players from expressing themselves, with nothing to lose they played without fear against Scunthorpe.

Can anyone put their finger on why this is?

I reckon if banks is pushed further forward we would see whether he could be the key we have been looking for to unlock teams and create. ..at the moment he is sat too deep and let's face it - he's no tackler! . Let fane or green do the dirty side - oh and his set pieces are a damn sight better than what green has been delivering.

Just watched the highlights from Saturday and counted 6 good chances, 3 in each half. Only counting the melee at the end as 1 chance and not including long range shots.

Worst ever? Doesn't seem like it from the highlights. Was this worse than Bury at home last season? That was an absolute shocker.

We may have been :censored: in between those chances created, but if we had a proper goalscorer (like Beckett, Kuqi, Porter in the past) then we'd probably have won that game. We need to offload the dead wood in January, use their wages and the TV money and pay the going rate for a proper goalscorer. Fill the squad gaps with our youth.

McGlaughlin looks very promising. The direct winger people have been craving??

Once we've found the right striker, he'll probably have moved on.

Robinson bigged McKay up as a poacher, so maybe it's worth giving him a run of games while Mclaughlin is in form. I think we've learnt that Erwin only scores nice goals - how many good chances from inside the box has he squandered?! - and Ladapo is a back-to-goal man.

Once we've found the right striker, he'll probably have moved on.

Robinson bigged McKay up as a poacher, so maybe it's worth giving him a run of games while Mclaughlin is in form. I think we've learnt that Erwin only scores nice goals - how many good chances from inside the box has he squandered?! - and Ladapo is a back-to-goal man.

Flynn is our most dangerous player in the opposition box.

Just watched the highlights from Saturday and counted 6 good chances, 3 in each half. Only counting the melee at the end as 1 chance and not including long range shots.

Worst ever? Doesn't seem like it from the highlights. Was this worse than Bury at home last season? That was an absolute shocker.

We may have been :censored: in between those chances created, but if we had a proper goalscorer (like Beckett, Kuqi, Porter in the past) then we'd probably have won that game. We need to offload the dead wood in January, use their wages and the TV money and pay the going rate for a proper goalscorer. Fill the squad gaps with our youth.

Just watched them again.

How did Ladapo and Erwin fail to put their respective headers away?

Also, Dunne(?) got in a couple of decent last ditch blocks/tackles.

McGlaughlin does look good.