Match off!

SR “There was a small 5x5 hard patch but it was only half 12 when the referee made the decision".

In other words the referee wasn't confident our ground staff couldn't make a 5x5 area playable after they had all morning and a further 3 hours after his inspection.

It's beyond belief they couldn't have saved this match.

This ^

I presume he means 5x5 metres or yards, not 5x5 feet or inches!

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the first time OAFC will be the ONLY club in the entire football league to postpone a game.

Happened against Swindon not long ago when we called it off on Friday night despite forecasts that the temperature would be 8 degrees on Saturday.

Yet again bad bad decision making at the club to have a game called off when the pitch is playable at 9am.

Costly in so much as cash flow as one of only 2 games at home during a 6 week period is called off.

It doesn't happen at any other club so please dont say its bad luck again , it is poor decision making by amateurs and frankly i am totally pissed off with it.

55 years a S/T holder and this is my last one because i have finally had enough of supporting such an amateur outfit.

Edited by losesome

Not the first time OAFC will be the ONLY club in the entire football league to postpone a game.

Happened against Swindon not long ago when we called it off on Friday night despite forecasts that the temperature would be 8 degrees on Saturday.

Yet again bad bad decision making at the club to have a game called off when the pitch is playable at 9am.

Costly in so much as cash flow as one of only 2 games at home during a 6 week period is called off.

It doesn't happen at any other club so please dont say it bad luck agin , it is poor decision making by amateurs and frankly i am totally pissed off with it.

55 years a S/T holder and this is my last one because i have finally had enough of supporting such an amateur outfit.

Ref called it off.......

It doesn't happen at any other club so please dont say its bad luck again , it is poor decision making by amateurs and frankly i am totally pissed off with it.

Don't care. Ref called it off

Indeed. 1from 4 then. 1 home league game in the whole of December including the Christmas period. It's a bloody conspiracy I tell you.

I mentioned it in another thread but it does look like the fixture list has been :censored: for us this year. All the clubs likely to bring 1000+ to BP we don't play until end of January onwards.

Isn't this the sort of thing that happens when paying peanuts in every department. Multiple times over the past few years we have had games off when most the country are playing. The groundsman will take the blame but I bet he's up against it every winter, no doubt he's short staffed and has a insufficient equipment.

The amount we have lost over the years in gate receipts must be massive, far in excess of the cost of one of those ground heaters that other clubs use.

Isn't this the sort of thing that happens when paying peanuts in every department. Multiple times over the past few years we have had games off when most the country are playing. The groundsman will take the blame but I bet he's up against it every winter, no doubt he's short staffed and has a insufficient equipment.

The amount we have lost over the years in gate receipts must be massive, far in excess of the cost of one of those ground heaters that other clubs use.

To fill in for the absent HarryBosch, false economies.

This will take perhaps 1000+ off the gate.

Pretty much yes