Match off!

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why because it was Millwall? we played a team with fans probably further to travel.

Bit of a geography malfunction there given Peterborough is about 90 miles north of London. I assume the poster means because of the risk of trouble. I don't believe that for a moment; certainly the ref would have had huge cause for disgruntlement as would the clubs and the players if a game had been played after a pitch had been deemed unfit.

Why because it was Millwall? we played a team with fans probably further to travel.

At the end of the day it was the referees decision. The ref at Bury may have deemed our pitch playable, after giving the groundsman time to sort it out.

You'd get here on the train quicker from Millwall than Peterborough, it depends how they've travelled.

Doubt that - you'd have to get across London to Euston first, and then it's over two hours to Manchester from there. Peterborough - Manchester by train is about 2 hour 30 mins, so even by train it'd be much of a muchness. By car Peterborough's much quicker.

...but it's all irrelevant really, anyway.

Here we go again. Zzzzz

Yep somebody should tell the club that fans listen to them but when they say 2 entirely different things about the same instance some fans are practised enough in textual criticism to .........

Self inflicted PR cock up about a self inflicted incident

Yep somebody should tell the club that fans listen to them but when they say 2 entirely different things about the same instance some fans are practised enough in textual criticism to .........

Self inflicted PR cock up about a self inflicted incident

The game was off. Everyone is saying they believe pitch was fit in morning and would have been fit by kick off. Those are the main points.

The game was off. Everyone is saying they believe pitch was fit in morning and would have been fit by kick off. Those are the main points

But as always the devil is in the detail about which the club principals cannot even agree among themselves. In their desire to deflect attention from themselves and onto others they have come up with 2 different stories.

The main point is that club lost a game it was possible to save

Another point is I quite enjoyed my afternoon in the warm and cosy surroundings of my home watching Rugby Union and Horse Racing, and could next season become a permanent habit unless the club shapes itself.

I'd rather walk round Mossley with a nail in my boot than watch rugby union.

I think the club manager and CEO giving different explanations of the same occurrence is a minor :censored: up then

Or maybe, just maybe Robbo had been on the pitch and CEO hadn't and there maybe was a small patch down that side. Maybe he told CEO that the pitch was frozen down side so he took it he meant whole side. Nobody :censored:ing knows but not many care because it's anot her thing to bitch at the club over.

Or maybe, just maybe Robbo had been on the pitch and CEO hadn't and there maybe was a small patch down that side. Maybe he told CEO that the pitch was frozen down side so he took it he meant whole side. Nobody :censored:ing knows but not many care because it's anot her thing to bitch at the club over.

You clearly care

problem is that with so many demonstrable cock ups thy have lost the right to benefit of the doubt

My point is its :censored:ing gone. Done with. Can't be changed. Everyone thought game should be on apart from ref. Not everything is a huge :censored: up.

Not preventing (when it clearly was preventable) losing approx. 1,000 fans off a home league game is a huge :censored: up to a club like us