• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hometownclub 0-6 Stevie_J

josh_latics 0-3 Handsy

youngen 4-1 Ex_pat

JoeP 1-1 rosa

League champion, Ex_pat crashes out of the cup to youngen at the quarter final stage; Stevie_J and Handsy march into the last four; and JoeP takes rosa to a replay, to be played this coming weekend.

I got the strategy wrong on Saturday, bugger. I thought I had a decent chance of winning this comp.

Good luck Youngen, go all the way and win it (so I can say I was knocked out by the winner).

5 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

Quarter Final Replay result:

rosa 2-5 JoeP

JoeP pulls off a giantkilling, knocking rosa out at the quarter final stage, and is surely starting to believe that a cup/promotion double is acheivable this season.

This sort of statement only invites 24hrs back on here, boring us with helicopter stories.

6 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

Quarter Final Replay result:

rosa 2-5 JoeP

JoeP pulls off a giantkilling, knocking rosa out at the quarter final stage, and is surely starting to believe that a cup/promotion double is acheivable this season.

Well played, Joe. Well played.

I think I have made the final after panicking when I thought Lee Erwin had given Stevie a 3-0 lead. In the end just predicting a Latics win got me through, fair game though, never been so excited to predict a correct result!

9 minutes ago, youngen said:

I think I have made the final after panicking when I thought Lee Erwin had given Stevie a 3-0 lead. In the end just predicting a Latics win got me through, fair game though, never been so excited to predict a correct result!

Well played.  These are the days we get into predicting for.  Good luck in the final.

• 2 weeks later...

Prediction League Cup Final 2016/17 - Rochdale (h) - 22 April 2017

Handsy v youngen

Premier League Handsy may welcome the distraction from his battle to preserve his top flight status, while youngen’s league campaign is also far from over as he looks to secure a playoff spot in the Championship.  Both finalists came through Group C of the cup competition and have already met en route to the final, playing out a drab 0-0 draw.

The road to the final:

Handsy
Group stage:
Handsy 8-0 BJ Blue
Handsy 10-2 LaticsChris
Handsy 0-0 youngen
Handsy 3-0 oafc1895

Round 2:  Handsy 2-0 Bristolatic

Quarter Final:  josh_latics 0-3 Handsy

Semi Final:  Handsy 2-0 JoeP

youngen

Group stage:

BJ Blue 0-2 youngen

Handsy 0-0 youngen

LaticsChris 5-2 youngen

oafc1895 2-5 youngen

Round 2:  LaticsPete 1-3 youngen

Quarter Final:  youngen 4-1 Ex_pat

Semi Final:  Stevie_J 0-6 youngen

ZAA==

14 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Jesus wept. 

Its all about producing at the key moments. If it helps I want Juve or Athletico to win the Champions league for their desire to not concede, and playing anti football:D

Which is why I think Handsy will win as he has conceded 2 points in 7 games on his route to the final

Edited by youngen

5 minutes ago, youngen said:

Its all about producing at the key moments. If it helps I want Juve or Athletico to win the Champions league for their desire to not concede, and playing anti football:D

Which is why I think Handsy will win as he has conceded 2 points in 7 games on his route to the final

This is like the year Portsmouth played Cardiff in the cup final.