Northampton Away

Guest oa exile

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ascot_Latic

Just got back...decent game. Just desereved to win. Didnt play particualrly well but hit them hard on the break and finished our chances, which is the sign of a good team.

Ratings

Pogs: 7 - Didnt have a great deal to do, but generally did it well.

Eardley 8 - Impressive in the tackle and good distribution. Great ball in for Porters missed diving header.

Charlton 7 - Solid. Passing a little off today but defensively sound.

Gregan 8 - Excelent as usual. Won all his headers and great ball to Porter to set up the second

Haining 6 - Thought Will was a bit poor today, made a couple of mistakes and doesnt look too confident. Would personally pick Stam.

Liddell 7 Good passing, worked hard.

Wellens 9 - (MOM) Absolutely brilliant. When he plays we play, and he was superb today. Ran the midfield.

Rocastle 4 - Poor....terrible first touch and poor distribution. Not good enough IMHO.

Taylor 6 - Quiet today, showed flashes of brilliance but no end product.

Warne 8 - Ran his socks off as usual, epitomises the spirit of the team. Deserved his goal which he took well.

Porter 7 - Didnt do a great deal apart from score....thats what he's there for I guess, but feel he's been off colour last few games.

subs:

Hall - 6 - Decent contribution

Edwards - 6 - Decent also.

Overall not the best performance, but 3 good goals and 3 great points. And thanks to the bloke who picked up my keys that went flying during the second goal celebrations!!

Just got back...decent game. Just desereved to win. Didnt play particualrly well but hit them hard on the break and finished our chances, which is the sign of a good team.

Ratings

Pogs: 7 - Didnt have a great deal to do, but generally did it well.

Eardley 8 - Impressive in the tackle and good distribution. Great ball in for Porters missed diving header.

Charlton 7 - Solid. Passing a little off today but defensively sound.

Gregan 8 - Excelent as usual. Won all his headers and great ball to Porter to set up the second

Haining 6 - Thought Will was a bit poor today, made a couple of mistakes and doesnt look too confident. Would personally pick Stam.

Liddell 7 Good passing, worked hard.

Wellens 9 - (MOM) Absolutely brilliant. When he plays we play, and he was superb today. Ran the midfield.

Rocastle 4 - Poor....terrible first touch and poor distribution. Not good enough IMHO.

Taylor 6 - Quiet today, showed flashes of brilliance but no end product.

Warne 8 - Ran his socks off as usual, epitomises the spirit of the team. Deserved his goal which he took well.

Porter 7 - Didnt do a great deal apart from score....thats what he's there for I guess, but feel he's been off colour last few games.

subs:

Hall - 6 - Decent contribution

Edwards - 6 - Decent also.

Overall not the best performance, but 3 good goals and 3 great points. And thanks to the bloke who picked up my keys that went flying during the second goal celebrations!!

that's a blatant copy n paste from JK.

plagiarist.

Sounded like Taylor was stiffled due to rocastle being a more defence minded midfield player,but we have to adapt to all situations ,we dont have a big squad,so we adapt and it worked

Guest oa_exile

Cheers Ascot !

Rocky is not one of my favorite players but i was not there today so dont want to comment on him ! :lipsrsealed2:

All in all a good team performance ,another three points in the bag :hat:

Guest Ascot_Latic
A bit like this ?

:ears: :furious3:

Just like that. Yep, don't think Rocky is good enough personally. Wonder whats happened to Wood? Maybe a better option when Macca's out.

Just like that. Yep, don't think Rocky is good enough personally. Wonder whats happened to Wood? Maybe a better option when Macca's out.

Wood hasn't been picked for quite a while. Couple of poor performances and disinterest when playing for the ressies. Even Dabo has jumped in front of him. Unleash the Mooooooose.

Always in the bag. They scrapped and fought with us all the way but we held them off, just. Three goals away too :D

Great start, but instead of building on it we went into our shell and were pretty poor for half an hour. Nicked a good goal close to half-time, then never in danger until we started the Ole's late on and giving our customary consolation away proceeding to give 700+ Latics fans bums of the squaeky variety. Plusses for me today, Wellens shooting on site, Charlton best he's been for weeks and Rocky wasn't as bad as some are making out! :rolleyes: Oh and Ports deserves a mentioon for a brave finish. Minuses - Taylor very quiet, tightly marked but subdued and Shez not bringing Dabo on! Seriously though massive 3 points, a few rumblings of discontent from Last week around me :sign0094: but we've put that to bad with 4 out of next 6 at home, by the end of Feb' things could be really looking good. KTF :applause1:

My god they actually spent at least 3 minutes on todays game!

1st goal: Ball came out to the edge of the are, Wellens scuffed it in along the floor.

2nd goal: Porter cut inside and went to shoot, only to get deflected to Warne who slipped it past the keeper.

3rd goal: Ball over the top, Porter onside, beat the on-rushing keeper with a smart header as it bounced up (got taken out in the process!)

That's what got sung to us by the Northampton fans shortly after they equalised. Don't think any of the fans who were there could believe it.

This proves that we truly are a MASSIVE club, well in Northampton's eyes anyways.

That's what got sung to us by the Northampton fans shortly after they equalised. Don't think any of the fans who were there could believe it.

This proves that we truly are a MASSIVE club, well in Northampton's eyes anyways.

I can't believe it. I suppose compared to their paltry efforts in league football - we are giants...

Gregan did alright today, his fault for the first, poggi told him to clear, he just left it and let Kirk in to score. Gave him a right booting later on though and got a throw-in for his troubles. He seemed at time to try too hard to be good, clearing the ball across the box with Cobblers players waiting to intercept it!

Rocastle was good today, did his job very well in the second half, just gets in the way and halts attacks, even looked pretty decent on the ball.

Wellens was definately MOM, he seemed really fired up today and he ran the game, scored the first and had a few very decent efforts.

Thought Porter was great as well, man marked all game but still managed to get free to assist Warne and bravely head past their keeper and also had a couple of great chances.

First half we weren't brilliant at the back. Holt was giving Eardley a terrible time but he managed just about. Lots of hoof ball.

Second half we were far better playing the football that we've been used to and playing killer long balls every now and again. Were far more in control until they got their second.

I didn't think we would win today, just thought we'd miss McDonald too much but the lads rallied and got the win to move us to 2nd.

shamelessly robbed from my post on official board!!

surreal ground, cut into the side of a hill, nice meal before hand, even though macca didnt get his till the end, but still wolfed it down!!

rocastle was chasing shadows in the first but seemed to be getting into it in the second

think we need to drop chris taylor for a few games, he is getting found out and its frustrating the lad

oh and ports, what a goal, not the most fancy, but a striker low on confidence wouldnt have tried it, fair play to you!!

we are safe and it aint the end of jan!! just hope we have bolted up the departure lounge for the next few days!!

So how did someone give him a 4 and said he was poor :o<_<

Because he doesn't take on the entire opposition whilst having the ball balanced on his head with his eyes closed and running backwards. He just gets stuck in and causes a nuisance.

A quick thank you to all those who sent me running for the toilets every two minutes with various updates. My boss thinks i've got a worse bladder than a pensioner :D

Delighted with the win. Not the easiest of places to go, especially seeing as they havent lost in a fair while. Since before christmas I believe. Werent we the last team to beat them? :D