Anthony Gerrard

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

:petesake:

Not sure what you mean by that. One thing that was very apparent was our lack of experience in the back 5. For all his faults Gerrard is quite good marshaling those around him. The average age of our back 5 was probably 20.

We need Clarke to recover from his injury / illness quickly. Another experienced head to compliment Clarke and Taylor wouldn't go amiss in my view. 

11 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Not sure what you mean by that. One thing that was very apparent was our lack of experience in the back 5. For all his faults Gerrard is quite good marshaling those around him. The average age of our back 5 was probably 20.

We need Clarke to recover from his injury / illness quickly. Another experienced head to compliment Clarke and Taylor wouldn't go amiss in my view. 

I wouldn't play Gerrard again if he offered to play for free and we only had three fit defenders, of course our young back line struggled initially and they do need to find their feet and voices but having him back would be such a backward step it's not even worth contemplating. Hence the :petesake:.

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I wouldn't play Gerrard again if he offered to play for free and we only had three fit defenders, of course our young back line struggled initially and they do need to find their feet and voices but having him back would be such a backward step it's not even worth contemplating. Hence the :petesake:.

I think Gerrard could still a job, so it's reasonable to say he was missed. I can understand your point about it being a step backwards, though. 

If the stories are true I've no problem if the club have sacked him, provided they've followed proper procedure. 

Gerrard will end up somewhere this season. If he plays against us can see him playing well.