Latics v Bradford

Can't argue with that result. Bradford are a good side. Reckord and Green terrible again. Banks almost as bad. Fane had another decent performance. We need a play maker in midfield so that we have a different option to knocking up to Holloway every time.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon we are preparing ourselves for life in League 2, Gerrard and Holloway on two and half years isn't what was needed this season when we have no left footers and a midfield that's so poor it's embarrassing to watch, Ripley yet again man of the match for keeping it down to under half a dozen.

Are you pissed?

I'm definitely not pissed, anyone who thinks Holloway and Gerrard were the players we needed are seriously deluded, if you can't see how inept and lacking that midfield is your watching a different game, I know it's nothing new but we are nearly a month into the window without one midfielder signing, we needed these players weeks ago.

I'm definitely not pissed, anyone who thinks Holloway and Gerrard were the players we needed are seriously deluded, if you can't see how inept and lacking that midfield is your watching a different game, I know it's nothing new but we are nearly a month into the window without one midfielder signing, we needed these players weeks ago.

People moaned we brought players in too quickly in the summer. Now we should rush them? So we didn't need a striker who can hold the ball up? Bollocks. Gerrard also great signing. Or maybe we should have risked losing out on signing those till we found the right midfielders? What the :censored: are you on about? If he hasn't brought any in at the end of the window you can moan. Till then shut up and trust that he knows what he's doing

Steve eyere's assessment on matey fm was spot on for me - banks and Flynn will always struggle in our 'non possession' based midfield

To me it was men against boys today - I'm sure Bradford had more players - it felt like they had at least two more! And pace and movement. Whereas we were slow and plodding.

Just never really got going, did we?

The same starting line up were noticeably tired on a pitch which seems to be getting worse and worse.

Although the goals could have been avoided - Reckord's fault for the corner and it wasn't a foul for their free kick - they deserved the victory. Organised at the back, kept the ball in midfield, used width and were dangerous going forward and from set pieces.

We go again.

The ball boy was a bit silly in front of their fans but he didn't deserve to be coined. I hope the Police look at the CCTV footage and take the appropriate action. Disgusting behaviour from a handful of braindead morons.

I feel a little silly for sticking up for Banks in midweek. He was anonymous today. Fane didn't impose himself at all. Very good side Bradford.

2/3 new additions needed.

That dive on the edge of the box was unforgivable for a professional footballer when in a position to either shoot or pass wide!

You are a pissed..... Holloway set up are second on tuesday by doing what he does best and it was Gerrard who found him with a quality 40 yard pass... Next.......

It shouldn't be news to any of us that we struggle in midfield it's just been highlighted today by what was the best performance I've seen from a league 1 team at BP this season. Cullen and Clarke in the middle were impressive for them.

Credit too Wilson and Clarke for us who kept battling. We may aswell call off the player of the season awards because Connor Ripley should and no doubt will sweep the board.

Over to you Shez we need atleast 2 midfielders and a left back. He knows we need to keep the ball better he needs to find the players to help us do that.

I'm off for a pint I suggest the rest of you do something similar.

Edited by GlossopLatic

It shouldn't be news to any of us that we struggle in midfield it's just been highlighted today by what was the best performance I've seen from a league 1 team at BP this season. Cullen and Clarke in the middle were impressive for them.

Spot on. We're often very quick on here to say the opposition were crap so we should have beaten them. But you have to give Bradford some credit today. They moved the ball about at pace really well.

Banks should have been hauled off after that appalling dive when he had a good shooting opportunity. Copped out and then disappeared until eventually subbed.

Beaten by a better side. The big games are the next two.

He never gets stuck in - always backing off their player with the ball. That's when he's not marking fresh air.

Midfield outplayed today, never got near any of their Bradford counterparts.

Having said that Bradford were by far the best team I've seen so far.

The McLaughlin striker experiment failed, McKay and Ngoo were no better when they came on.

Good performances from Ripley, Wilson, Clarke, Gerrard and Holloway, the problem is we need another six of the same calibre.

Outclassed by a much better side. Can't argue with the result at all. Two players pointing at the man running in to get the ball from the corner need a bollocking. Communication was poor throughout the game and it cost us there. I was impressed with Holloway throughout. I think he has a little more class than the forwards we've had up until now. He's not a goal scorer though, we need to find the right partner for him and I don't think that's McLaughlin. (no idea who it is though).

Bradford were by far and away the best side in this division I have seen so far, Moved the ball about at pace and then quality balls into the channels for the wide men to pick up, if it wasn't for Ripley we would have been looking at 4 or 5.

Dieng plays his role well in the midfield tidying up and simple distribution, it would have been a travesty if they hadn't beaten us with our midfield being so poor.

Today was a good test and we came up short...I have no complaints over the result the better team won, how they didn't score more I'll never know.

We looked dead on our feet in the second half and a bit clueless.

We take it on the chin and move on

And I have to say, I actually enjoyed the match