WImbledon Tickets

6 minutes ago, maddog said:

Yes, but that's not 1 per person. I bought 4 tickets.

yes I know but I think there was some question earlier in the thread about whether it was one or two and I'd heard the ticket man say one when I was in the queue so thought I would clarify. There were people buying for Bolton as well.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between myself, 2 people infront of me in the queue and someone on my Facebook there was 15 tickets sold (all had ST's). I can see 500 easily going before any go on open sale. Then a huge scramble.

Is there scope for another 150 or so? 700 seems to be lower than I've heard other teams being allocated.

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

I don't begrudge you your tickets as a Latics fan but it's a bit worrying if the club are ignoring their own stated ticketing policy for this one

I have 2 season tickets but they are in a car currently parked at an airport if that helps

2 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

What a lie I was told then when  i got my Wimbledon ticket this am   I specifically asked the man if it was 1 per ST twice since I wanted one for my son

Not talking particularly about Latics here but generally you are more successful in getting what you want if you provide a solution and narrative which helps them to interpret their own policies in the way you want it interpreted rather than asking them what their policy is and ipso facto reinforcing to them that they have to implement it

Typical OAFC. I went about dinner time to get my two. Showed the young lady my two season cards, she looked at them and gave them back with my two tickets.

No note taken of my card number or name. So I assume I could get some more. Shabby!!!!!:petesake:

47 minutes ago, Magister said:

Not talking particularly about Latics here but generally you are more successful in getting what you want if you provide a solution and narrative which helps them to interpret their own policies in the way you want it interpreted rather than asking them what their policy is and ipso facto reinforcing to them that they have to implement it

You mean say nowt and ask for 2 tickets.So much for me being honest..At least it gives another fan a chance.

3 hours ago, Flemboy said:

You mean say nowt and ask for 2 tickets.So much for me being honest..At least it gives another fan a chance.

No exactly the opposite. Outline the rationale for your request and explain how it could fall within the perameters of the stated policy. If you say I want a ticket for somebody who has not got a season ticket you give them no option but to say no......if you say as a true example tha your son lives in London , that you have been a season ticket holder for 20 years , that you are meeting your son who watches every Latics game in the South, ...... You give them some discretion and scope for a common sense decision

Just bought 2 this morning, very quiet down at the ticket office. Not sure if it's how many we've sold but my standing seats are numbers 257 and 258, I thought we had sold more than that yesterday.

6 hours ago, daniel said:

Just bought 2 this morning, very quiet down at the ticket office. Not sure if it's how many we've sold but my standing seats are numbers 257 and 258, I thought we had sold more than that yesterday.

The numbers for standing tickets are separate from the numbers for seats, so add the number of seats sold, and it'll be over 300. I'd imagine the seats are sold out or not far off!

On 31/03/2017 at 6:39 PM, Magister said:

I have 2 season tickets but they are in a car currently parked at an airport if that helps

Ah, fair enough mate, thought you meant you had just blagged it!! 

I live down south so not likely to get tickets in the Latics end for this which is a shame as can pretty much walk to the ground.......there is always a plan B though :)

11 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Ah, fair enough mate, thought you meant you had just blagged it!! 

I live down south so not likely to get tickets in the Latics end for this which is a shame as can pretty much walk to the ground.......there is always a plan B though :)

I 've got a son in Tooting Bec who has watched Latics since he was 3 years old and who could also almost walk to this possibly defining game....he is going to Madrid that weekend!  Where did I go wrong as a parent?