Wimbledon

You've not got time to fuck about trying to sort an Uber or a local cab if you want the best chance of making kick off. It will cost more but I'd get a black cab. Neither will be cheap and might not be quicker than public transport. In fact you could probably do part public transport and part cab, you'll spend 20 minutes getting half a mile from Euston. Mr Tulsehill is your guru.

There's no easy way to do this and you should probably lower your expectations of seeing kick-off. (You'll probably arrive 10 minutes late with OASIS.)

Uber is your best chance by cab and won't cost you £10,000 like a black cab would. To maximise your kick-off chances, you might have to order it before you arrive in Euston. Set the pick-up destination as the corner of Melton Street and Drummond Street (that's where they all hang around). I'd trust me to drive that distance in an hour but your Uber types tend to rely on satnav rather than The Force. 

Your public transport option is high risk but, if it comes off, you'll probably make the kick-off. Run from the train to the Victoria line southbound. Jump off at Vauxhall. 

Run up the escalator and the stairs to the mainline station. There are screens in the concourse to help you decide which platform you need. You want the 1122 to Shepperton. Get off at Norbiton and it's a 10-minute walk to the ground. 

The problem with with the public transport option is it's a bank holiday weekend, which probably means underground and/or mainline train shenanigans. You'd have to go on the TfL website to find out the details. 

You should definitely get the Citymapper app in any case, so you can follow any unplanned road or rail disruption in real time, before you get to Euston. (I usually check what's happening just about when you pass Wembley on the train.)

...In fact...I'd be tempted by a combination of public transport and Uber. I'd jump on the Victoria line southbound at Euston and jump out at (eeny meany miney mo) Pimlico, then call in Uber. You're through the traffic delay heaven of the centre of London once you get to Pimlico and your Uber driver has plenty of route options. It's doable. 

22 hours ago, maddaftandblue said:

thanks for this i was thinking of ordering a taxi to pick us up from euston just thinking if anyone knows  a reliable taxi firm would it be better like you said to get to vauxhall then get a taxi

If you want to use a taxi, set the pick up destination as per 24s but use Addison Lee. They're some way between Uber & Taxi in terms of cost but super reliable, can be booked in advance & will do it as a fixed fare. They should get you across London at 11am on a Sunday morning in under an hour. 

Alternatively, try and get he 1122 from Vauxhall and if you miss it, get a cab from there. That will mean you skip the heavy traffic parts

54 minutes ago, latic12345 said:

If you want to use a taxi, set the pick up destination as per 24s but use Addison Lee. They're some way between Uber & Taxi in terms of cost but super reliable, can be booked in advance & will do it as a fixed fare. They should get you across London at 11am on a Sunday morning in under an hour. 

Alternatively, try and get he 1122 from Vauxhall and if you miss it, get a cab from there. That will mean you skip the heavy traffic parts

^This, except it's difficult to get a cab from Vauxhall because the station is in the middle of a huge red route gyratory. You'd have to head off down to Stockwell road and wait there for one. 

If you're on the Victoria line towards Vauxhall and time runs out for the 11:22 train, stay on for one more stop until Stockwell for your taxi - it's a straight route down the A3 from there towards the ground and should minimise your chances of getting stuck in traffic.

Also, ensure you have necessary ticket for the underground in advance (e.g. Oyster card) - the last thing you wanna do is queue for a ticket in Euston station!

• 2 weeks later...

So, the breakfast club are seemingly making a weekend of it, with some folk - potentially including a German contingent from Eintract - attending Hampton & Richmond v Concord Rangers in the Conference South the day before. For those suitably intrigued, the game KO's at 3pm at the Beveree Ground, Station Road, Hampton.

The following morning, Breakfast Club and party will be heading to the Wetherspoons in Kingston, which is open at 8am. https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/all-pubs/england/london/the-kings-tun-kingston-upon-thames

For the rest of us, the choice is whether to join the breakfast club in Kingston before the game, or not? It's about a 20 mins walk from Kingston to the ground, or 15 mins from Norbiton, the closest station.

I went to see Wimbledon v Wycombe a few seasons ago with a mate who lives in Surbiton and he took me to a couple of pubs near Norbiton Station, one called the Black Horse http://www.blackhorsekingston.co.uk/ and another called the Norbiton Dragon which had a massive beer garden but sadly appears now to be closed, albeit not many will be open before 11am regardless.

Between Norbiton and the ground - where many supporters were congregated in the car park drinking pints from the social club that is built into one of the stands - there is a pub equivalent of no-mans land.

The choice therefore seems stark. a] Head straight to the ground completely sober and chose a pub to head to afterwards, or b] head to Wetherspoons in Kingston anytime after 8am?

Edited by lookersstandandy

3 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

The choice therefore seems stark. a] Head straight to the ground completely sober and chose a pub to head to afterwards, or b] head to Wetherspoons in Kingston anytime after 8am?

Wetherspoons!  Always Wetherspoons!!

8 hours ago, Forte_Baby said:

Will I am staying in a hotel at Canary Wharf will an oyster or Contactless be valid for the full trip to Norbiton?

Yes Tom - Oyster or contactless bank card is fine.

You want the Jubilee Line from Canary Wharf to Waterloo. You then have a choice of two trains - the one to Shepperton or the circular one that ends up back in Waterloo. The Shepperton one is quicker. The circular stops at every little pissant rugby stop in south-west London.

3 hours ago, Ackey said:

Yeah Tom, you're fine mate. There's a great food place in Canary Wharf now called Giant Robot - not cheap, but worth it. 

Edit: Google says Zone 5 so about 3 quid one way.  I'll let Will talk routes, I don't know Sarf London.

Cheers I often stay at this same Hotel so will look out for that place we went to a nice sports bar last time.

On a different subject just Been given some old programmes & saw you in one when you was a mascot.

The sports bar is likely the one in the same building - the Cross Rail station. So you can't miss Giant Robot, it's upstairs at the other end.  Anything else you want to know just ask - I spend 5 days a week here.

And yeah - Andy mentioned that! Can you send a picture of it in a PM thru Facebook please?

On 08/04/2017 at 11:01 AM, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

There's no easy way to do this and you should probably lower your expectations of seeing kick-off. (You'll probably arrive 10 minutes late with OASIS.)

Uber is your best chance by cab and won't cost you £10,000 like a black cab would. To maximise your kick-off chances, you might have to order it before you arrive in Euston. Set the pick-up destination as the corner of Melton Street and Drummond Street (that's where they all hang around). I'd trust me to drive that distance in an hour but your Uber types tend to rely on satnav rather than The Force. 

Your public transport option is high risk but, if it comes off, you'll probably make the kick-off. Run from the train to the Victoria line southbound. Jump off at Vauxhall. 

Run up the escalator and the stairs to the mainline station. There are screens in the concourse to help you decide which platform you need You want the 1122 to Shepperton. Get off at Norbiton and it's a 10-minute walk to the ground. 

The problem with with the public transport option is it's a bank holiday weekend, which probably means underground and/or mainline train shenanigans. You'd have to go on the TfL website to find out the details. 

You should definitely get the Citymapper app in any case, so you can follow any unplanned road or rail disruption in real time, before you get to Euston. (I usually check what's happening just about when you pass Wembley on the train.)

Judging by today, it's platform 8.

31 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Best way to get to Kingston from East Dulwich station? TFL is suggesting starting with the bus, which I don't fancy. Easier to get an uber part of the way?

That is the best way. Shouldn't take you that long to get to Vauxhall. The traffic will be non-existent Sunday morning. I don't think Uber helps you unless you go the whole way. If you share with Leeslover and Rosa, it won't be that much more expensive than bus and train.

6 hours ago, Markoasis said:

Hi I'm called Mark and I might be coming to my first Latics game Sunday (Dulwich don't play until Monday)!!  

Are Dulwich at home Monday still down there and was looking if any other London sides where at home?