Brexit Negotiations

Matt

6 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

All the polls indicate the majority are opposed to a no deal Brexit. We are where we are because fuck wits allowed a referendum with no plan of how to implement one of the possible outcomes. 

Agreed. 

But that’s not the electorates problem, and they can’t say afterwards; ‘sorry everyone were totally incompetent,  hands your votes back in.  

We voted. For better or worse. 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Wanting no deal and accepting it was always part of the equation are not the same thing. I think the majority don’t want it, but accept it. 

I can’t remember the ballot paper saying.

If you vote leave, and it’s to hard, or we as MP’s can’t agree you’ll have to vote again, or we’ll probably have to fuck it off and just stay. 

Your vote matters! 🙄

That's the point. The ballot paper didn't say how we would leave. Our elected representatives (your vote matters) should be allowed to debate how we leave. One man with no mandate (you didn't get a chance to vote) is trying to block that. 

8 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

That's the point. The ballot paper didn't say how we would leave. Our elected representatives (your vote matters) should be allowed to debate how we leave. One man with no mandate (you didn't get a chance to vote) is trying to block that. 

Both sides have behaved appallingly. One side refuses to accept it... as per usual, because they know best. Monopoly on common sense and intelligence. They need to get over themselves. 

2 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

90% of MP’s voted to hold a referendum.

Both main parties stood on manifesto pledges to honour the vote. 

They have had 3 years to debate how we leave- and proved grossly incompetent. In light of this, one man is trying to hold parliament to what has said it would do since we held the vote. 

The rest is political point scoring IMO. 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Both sides have behaved appallingly. One side refuses to accept it... as per usual, because they know best. Monopoly on common sense and intelligence. They need to get over themselves. 

I haven't said anything about sides. I'm disgusted with Boris Johnson's actions this week. I reacted to the selective views on democracy from Al Bro initially. 

2 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Now we have a situation where the only people who own football clubs do so because they can waste millions to boost their own ego, or they own a club because they have an agenda.

This is simply not true-there are still examples of family/business people owning clubs because they want to (that may even include us) or because they have an emotional or historical connection to the club.

Can sort of understand the reasoning behind nationalising state utilities like water or railways were the benefactors in theory should be the population of said country.

Football is neither a state benefactor (we all need water for example) or liked by everyone so how you justify nationalising it escapes me.

All this talk of politicians. Eurgh. Give me Boris any day over those wankers who want a second referendum and were asked this week whether in the case of a leave result again they would back that in parliament and said no they wouldn't. So they would get a second referendum and still refuse to back the public's choice if result was leave. They can fuck right off. Keep voting till they get a remain decision they would

12 minutes ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

There isn't much benefit for going the same way as Bury but I suppose once we go bust too we won't have to read any of the misinformed Daily Fail type crap on here anymore...

Can you stop linking this thread to Latics, or anything football related please. 

Ffs I’ve not even got enough imaginary downvotes for the last couple of pages. 

5 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

No we elect  mps to make decisions on the country not allowing them to do their job is undemocratic infavt its what dictators do.

A partial view. They voted in favour of A50. They subsequently failed to vote in favour of an agreement. They have signally failed to make a decision at all.

Archived