Rat boy come home

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone go round to Rocky's house and take away his shoelaces and any sharp objects eh?

Dont worry Andy. :grin:

I just dont see how signing a midfielder who was part of a relegation side last season can be seen as a good signing. A step in the right direction as it were. Alot of people said the Wellens signing was a side steps move - myself included. For weeks now, i've not wanted this transfer to happen as I think it's a major backwards step for the club. Hardly the sort of player of the quality I want to see coming in. Especially given the circumstances of losing better players in Wellens and Rocastle. O.k, Wellens we didnt really have much say over due to money talking - but Rocky who still was contracted with the club. It beggars belief and doesnt make sense, given the turn around Rocastle achieved from the Swansea away game. The fact he (Allott) was contracted to Chesterfield means we have to pay a fee (£30,000-£50,000) doesnt help the matter. Money which could have been spent in a better quality of player surely?

By all means i'll start supporting him once the season begins but i'm not going to lie and say i'm excited about the signing, just to please others. I think it's a backwards move. Do you honestly think Allott is the type of player to be starting in a side that is chasing promotion? I dont.

I seem to think there's an awful lot of double standards going on. Ronnie Moore was slated to the back teeth for signing players he was familar with and not being able to seemingly look beyond players he already knew. Scott, Branston, Warne, etc.

Like I was being told in recent weeks. It's alright for fans to mention players from years gone by who can do a job, as we dont honestly have the know-how of players who are capable other than those what we've seen. Managers, with the amount of scouts and contacts they have in the game have no excuses. There is an abundance of players out there who could have come here for free. Yet we've gone for Allott at a cost of rumoured to be £30,000. Sorry if i'm not excited, but I just dont see any reason to be.

Mark Allott -

29 years old - 30 in October

Goals Last Season - 0

Cost - £30,000 minimum.

Craig Rocastle

26 years old - 27 Next month

Goals Last season - 3

Cost - **** all

The only factor I like, is that Allott is a Latics fan and wants to play for the club.

Rocky > Allott.

£30,000 could have bought us Le Fondre from Stockport. A 21 year old highly rated striker in League 2, with a better record than Porter had in that league at his age. A player who could easily and probably will be far better than Porter given the right coaching.

Heck. We didnt even need to spend £30,000. Sean Thornton didnt have a club yesterday and was on a freebie.

Hopefully i'll be eating another large slice of humble pie in the coming months, but until then i'll keep with the opinion that it's a backwards move.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

I really very strongly disagree with you on this one Rocky... and i think that will be the case on a lot of peoples opinions on the Allott matter...

I think I have pretty much stated my opinions on why this is a brilliant signing ain the posts above... but for me, to have a guy who every time I have seen him absolutely dominates midfield, is a latics fan, and leaving a club where he was club captain and player of the season is a great move - in exchange for Rocky... at best sluggish, at worst feeble and mostly unoticable - he is another that will split opinion... what does it matter he got relegated last season??? Its about him - look at that Woods guy who signed for Donny, he was wanted by every club in the division... being relegated means nothing....

I just cant see how you cant recognise what shez is doing here.... we got beat too many times cos our midfield absolutely went missing - he is ensuring now we are as solid as a rock... with players who will die for the cause... and give the ball easily to our danger players... not sod about with it, try the hollywood ball... or in Rockys case... just mope around a bit.... if the opposition cant get the ball, and cant bloomin create, then there are not going to score goals....

We need to look away from this need for a wonder midfield - shez says he knew what wen needed - steel and passion, and this is what he is creating... I know i am not exactly mega-older than you, but I assume you are just too young to remmeber the yard dogs.... i'm not saying this in any way compare to them, I never would, but it is that ethos that makes me so excited about seeing this new Latics play...

As for comparing him to moore - he has signed 1 player who he used to play with - not an entire team he used to manage!

I cant comment or le Fondre, but have a feeling shez knows what he is looking for in a striker... and that is not youth and uproven skills - we have wlfy, that is enough for that... we need someone who can do a job now....

I just think you are doing an incredible diservice to Shez - I'm sure if Wellens was the be all and end all of his plans he would still be playing for us - shez realised that this was not the way to play in this division at the end of last season... and this is the fruits of that knowlege... the new, harder, tougher latics...

Might not be as pretty, but we wills till move the ball quickly - and be so much more solid as a team...

KTF mate!

Edited by BigfinLatic

I really very strongly disagree with you on this one Rocky... and i think that will be the case on a lot of peoples opinions on the Allott matter...

I think I have pretty much stated my opinions on why this is a brilliant signing ain the posts above... but for me, to have a guy who every time I have seen him absolutely dominates midfield, is a latics fan, and leaving a club where he was club captain and player of the season is a great move - in exchange for Rocky... at best sluggish, at worst feeble and mostly unoticable - he is another that will split opinion... what does it matter he got relegated last season??? Its about him - look at that Woods guy who signed for Donny, he was wanted by every club in the division... being relegated means nothing....

I just cant see how you cant recognise what shez is doing here.... we got beat too many times cos our midfield absolutely went missing - he is ensuring now we are as solid as a rack... with players who will die for the cause... and give the ball easily to our danger player... not sod about with it, try the hollywood ball... or in Rockys case... just mope around a bit.... if the opposition cant get the ball, and cant bloomin create, then there are not going to score goals....

We need to look away from this need for a wonder midfield - shez says he knew what wen needed - steel and passion, and this is what he is creating... I know i am not exactly mega-older than you, but I assume you are just too young to remmeber the yard dogs.... i'm not saying this in any way compare to them, I never would, but it is that ethos that makes me so excited about seeing this new Latics play...

As for comparing him to moore - he has signed 1 player who he used to play with - not an entire team he used to manage!

I cant comment or le Fondre, but have a feeling shez knows what he is looking for in a striker... and that is not youth and uproven skills - we have wlfy, that is enough for that... we need someone who can do a job now....

I just think you are doing an incredible diservice to Shez - I'm sure if Wellens was the be all and end all of his plans he would still be playing for us - shez realised that this was not the way to play in this division at the end of last season... and this is the fruits of that knowlege... the new, harder, tougher latics...

Might not be as pretty, but we wills till move the ball quickly - and be so much more solid as a team...

KTF mate!

Another of my predictions :-p I feel many are waiting for Allot to be poor and as soon as he plays that bad pass people will jump on his back, and its not because he is black either!

Dont worry Andy. :grin:

I just dont see how signing a midfielder who was part of a relegation side last season can be seen as a good signing. A step in the right direction as it were. Alot of people said the Wellens signing was a side steps move - myself included. For weeks now, i've not wanted this transfer to happen as I think it's a major backwards step for the club. Hardly the sort of player of the quality I want to see coming in. Especially given the circumstances of losing better players in Wellens and Rocastle. O.k, Wellens we didnt really have much say over due to money talking - but Rocky who still was contracted with the club. It beggars belief and doesnt make sense, given the turn around Rocastle achieved from the Swansea away game. The fact he (Allott) was contracted to Chesterfield means we have to pay a fee (£30,000-£50,000) doesnt help the matter. Money which could have been spent in a better quality of player surely?

By all means i'll start supporting him once the season begins but i'm not going to lie and say i'm excited about the signing, just to please others. I think it's a backwards move. Do you honestly think Allott is the type of player to be starting in a side that is chasing promotion? I dont.

I seem to think there's an awful lot of double standards going on. Ronnie Moore was slated to the back teeth for signing players he was familar with and not being able to seemingly look beyond players he already knew. Scott, Branston, Warne, etc.

Like I was being told in recent weeks. It's alright for fans to mention players from years gone by who can do a job, as we dont honestly have the know-how of players who are capable other than those what we've seen. Managers, with the amount of scouts and contacts they have in the game have no excuses. There is an abundance of players out there who could have come here for free. Yet we've gone for Allott at a cost of rumoured to be £30,000. Sorry if i'm not excited, but I just dont see any reason to be.

Mark Allott -

29 years old - 30 in October

Goals Last Season - 0

Cost - £30,000 minimum.

Craig Rocastle

26 years old - 27 Next month

Goals Last season - 3

Cost - **** all

The only factor I like, is that Allott is a Latics fan and wants to play for the club.

Rocky > Allott.

£30,000 could have bought us Le Fondre from Stockport. A 21 year old highly rated striker in League 2, with a better record than Porter had in that league at his age. A player who could easily and probably will be far better than Porter given the right coaching.

Heck. We didnt even need to spend £30,000. Sean Thornton didnt have a club yesterday and was on a freebie.

Hopefully i'll be eating another large slice of humble pie in the coming months, but until then i'll keep with the opinion that it's a backwards move.

Sadly Rocky, I agree with virtually everything you've typed in that post. Although I personally don't believe Rocastle was the answer either I think you've certainly hit the nail on the head with the available players.

Obviously, none of us (sensible ones) are going to boo him, but I can't help think that at this stage there is alot better out there for less or nothing.

Sadly Rocky, I agree with virtually everything you've typed in that post. Although I personally don't believe Rocastle was the answer either I think you've certainly hit the nail on the head with the available players.

Obviously, none of us (sensible ones) are going to boo him, but I can't help think that at this stage there is alot better out there for less or nothing.

Nope. Rocastle certainly wasnt the answer, as we do in my opinion still need yet one more centre midfielder - but he was certainly more than capable without the need for being replaced at a cost financially. I'd much rather have seen the £30,000 or whatever it was, go to someone who would be a good investment for the future.

Like i've said. There is an abundance of players out there. For Free. You just have to find them. I dont agree with any club re-signing former players. I hate it.

Nope. Rocastle certainly wasnt the answer, as we do in my opinion still need yet one more centre midfielder - but he was certainly more than capable without the need for being replaced at a cost financially. I'd much rather have seen the £30,000 or whatever it was, go to someone who would be a good investment for the future.

Like i've said. There is an abundance of players out there. For Free. You just have to find them. I dont agree with any club re-signing former players. I hate it.

GET OF HIS BACK, FFS

What about Mark Hughes resigning for united Rocky?

Rocastle might have been on quite a decent wage too. Shez didn't let Rocky go and bring in Allott because it's his mate. He brought him in because he thinks that for the club, of the two, Allott will be better for us.

Thornton is madness. How old is he now, 25. He's had many chances to show what he can do. He never has and more than likely now never will.

What about Mark Hughes resigning for united Rocky?

*spit* how very dare you. :wink: Even more so, as that bleedin goal would never of occured.

GET OF HIS BACK, FFS

Who's back?? :blink: I didnt know I was on anyone's back. :blush: Or can you not disagree with a signing without it being a 'dig' at the manager?

I think Allott will prove to be more than a decent replacement for Rocastle. Apart from the Swansea game I cannot remember any other game where Rocastle was anything other than average. Also don't remember him coming out with anything in the press after he left slagging the club off despite all the abuse he's received over the years.

Still need someone who can score goals from midfield though as I can't see any of the current midfield appearing on the scoresheet on a regular basis unless McDonald comes good.