Perimeter advertising?

20 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

They catch the eye which is the whole point of advertising 

I pay to watch the match not moving blinding lights.

If I want to see illuminations I'll go to Blackpool. 

Btw. Off the top of your head can you list all the advertisers and if you or your business associates have bought anything from them as a result of these boards?

Edited by BP1960

12 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Btw. Off the top of your head can you list all the advertisers and if you or your business associates have bought anything from them as a result of these boards?

No, but then I honestly can't even think who sponsors our shirt these days 

24 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Being sat in the the Main Stand Upper- I use to enjoy not having the North Stand opposite, because there was more to look at besides a crap football match 

13 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

I think going to the cinema has been ruined. It’s a distraction having to listen instead of just looking at the pictures. And the colour is off putting. Nowt wrong with black and white.

Have you been to the cinema lately? I had earache from the booming sound.

As you know I'm a dinosaur and paying to watch one movie and half an hour of adverts is hardly progress from the treat of 2 feature films, a cliffhanger serial, cartoons and a newsreel.

All the while looking forward to watching entertainers like Bobby Johnstone and Alan Groves home and away.

Glad I'm prehistoric.😁 🦕

14 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Have you been to the cinema lately? I had earache from the booming sound.

As you know I'm a dinosaur and paying to watch one movie and half an hour of adverts is hardly progress from the treat of 2 feature films, a cliffhanger serial, cartoons and a newsreel.

All the while looking forward to watching entertainers like Bobby Johnstone and Alan Groves home and away.

Glad I'm prehistoric.😁 🦕

Thought we were in lock down?

2 hours ago, andy_b_100 said:

We used this technology once ... with a please Joe dont go ..... how about a whip round and a Please Mo just Go whizzing around the three stands that are working ??

Only if we can be more abrupt!

On 3/7/2021 at 11:03 PM, BP1960 said:

I don't think any of the ads. are paid for at the moment. They seem to be all our sponsors who get the advertising as part of the deal. That's what needs to be fixed, but in the current Covid world, not many businesses will be willing to fork out to advertise at a football club.

6 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

It’s been invented since 1066 so he’s never going to be a fan 

The old boards raised revenue didn't they, so why the need for blinding distracting moving boards with only one sponsor on them?

What next, moving adverts as managers and players are interviewed on Sky and BT Sports?

Edited by BP1960