Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

The problem with all this is that we would have been better off not knowing.  After the statement/interview we all looked forward with hope.  If the next statement/interview tells us it fell through that hope will evaporate.  We would have another nail in the coffin.

It is the Chaos Theory in action.

It's the more the typical Latics theory things look stable a shitstorm happens all hell breaks loose for abit then we recover and finish 17th.

I'm resigned that this won't happen before the transfer window SLAMS SHUT! now if it happens at all. If it doesn't all hell will break loose on here a few people will threaten not to renew their season tickets and tell us they are never going again. In the meantime Sheridan will find a way of galvanising the squad and we will move on. Before once again being presented with a new opportunity that proves to be a false dawn.

We all know we are going nowhere quickly until we get a change of ownership or atleast someoneelse coming in alongside Corney and it does need to happen but if Mr Abdullah wants the club and has the clout to make it better then it will happen if not despite what some people will say it won't be the end of the world.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never existed.

Statement to the effect 'we tried so hard were really close and so disappointed to lose out. This is disheartening but now more than ever we need our loyal fans to get behind shez...' blah blah blah. 

More pressing question for me is how our fans, who after this saga will surely have reached concensous on our owner, react and force change.

there are many models of club ownership. Being strung along in this manner and continually told how lucky we are to have a football club is not one of the better ones. We don't need to accept it. 

I for one could not care less for our league 1 status. I would get rid of our current owners at virtually any cost.

8 hours ago, LaticMark said:

For those who remember the dark days of 2003.

This situation reminds me of another (former) football agent, Vidar Fossdal, and his mystery Norwegian consortium. They were, for a short time, our big hope of a takeover and survival in the summer of 2003.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/o/oldham_athletic/3075367.stm  

Was chatting to Sean Jarvis a few months ago about the Norwegian - Ran up a huge bill staying at a Manchester hotel and did a runner leaving tics to pick up the bill  

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

If nothing happens Shez can get down to business and turn things around without all this trialists distraction.

My thoughts exactly. 

A proper keeper, an experienced midfielder and another forward/striker in by Thursday and there's still plenty of time to do something. 

I'd prefer this now but I say that based on nothing but a bad gut feeling borne out of reading days of negative speculation rather than any actual fact.

9 hours ago, singe said:

There are not that many more people read the Chron!!

It has a circulation now around 9,000.

Virtually all local newspaper circulation has plummetted.

My Account manager has just come back to me with official numbers 

Oldham Evening Chronicle = Circa 6.8K copies,  14.5% Decline YoY

Compare that to one of the bigger Regionals

Hull Daily Mail =  Circa 27K copies, -3.6% YoY

1 minute ago, Simoncorneyisgod said:

My Account manager has just come back to me with official numbers 

Oldham Evening Chronicle = Circa 6.8K copies,  14.5% Decline YoY

Compare that to one of the bigger Regionals

Hull Daily Mail =  Circa 27K copies, -3.6% YoY

No wonder when it costs more than some daily nationals, and nothing in it.

1 minute ago, oafc_lover said:

Are you fucking kidding? It's clearly him.

Hopefully it is and we get progress tomorrow enabling us to bring in five/six players on Thursday - a keeper, a defender, a defensive midfielder, winger and a decent ****ing striker.

Can't see it myself but if he's watched 4 of our matches now then he knows we need to strengthen half of the team!

Archived