Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

13 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Shez: 'I don't know what's going on with transfers, i'm just trying to get players fit. Everyone know's what my thoughts are, hopefully get a few back fit for Saturday.

Sounds ominous 

Cripes, that doesn't bode well for Sheridan anyway. That's for sure. I'd wager he's getting shafted. Which ultimately would mean the investment/takeover is still on.*

*complete speculation by me - may not be correct. 

And of course as already mentioned it could be that there is no investment and everything is turning a darker shade of poo.*

*probably correct. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, owdumer said:

I was sitting in front of the box that SC and his guests were occupying tonight.

More than one Arabic speaking person among them, and some who looked to be proffessional

sportsmen.

Surely this means investment is still on. But Sheridan - who I love and respect - most likely being frozen out. 

Big 48 hours ahead. 

This is no way to run a sustainable football club and that's what gets me. We are living dangerously close to the edge on a hand to mouth existence in debt to god knows who and with absolutely no stability in any area of of the football club. Even if it doesn't come crashing down, how can this club plan for a future in those circumstances. 

Thats what gets me about all this. I don't crave success. I crave stability and security. 

Huddersfield fans must be having a chuckle - if they gave a shit about us.

As much as I would like to see the end to all this speculation it might be a scheme to bring out of contract players in to give them another chance.  Clearly Shez has no idea who is coming and when they will get here and the transfer window is not relevant to such a scheme.  The investment would be in the player and not the football club.

36 minutes ago, Andy b said:

This is no way to run a sustainable football club and that's what gets me. We are living dangerously close to the edge on a hand to mouth existence in debt to god knows who and with absolutely no stability in any area of of the football club. Even if it doesn't come crashing down, how can this club plan for a future in those circumstances. 

Thats what gets me about all this. I don't crave success. I crave stability and security. 

Huddersfield fans must be having a chuckle - if they gave a shit about us.

I'm just glad Corney has our best interests at heart and doesn't want to hand the reigns over to any old Tom,Dick or Abdullah.

:laught30:

What I don't get here (among many other things) is that the number of these trialists must be running at 10+ now if not more...

Why is even Corney, never mind Shez, still entertaining this and why are they being called "trialists" if Lemsagam, as rumoured, just wants to shoehorn them in for whatever reason? 

Placide's name got out. It seems unlikely that other names wouldn't get out if so many have been on trial. 

Just now, HarryBosch said:

What I don't get here (among many other things) is that the number of these trialists must be running at 10+ now if not more...

Why is even Corney, never mind Shez, still entertaining this and why are they being called "trialists" if Lemsagam, as rumoured, just wants to shoehorn them in for whatever reason? 

Placide's name got out. It seems unlikely that other names wouldn't get out if so many have been on trial. 

Thought you had a busy day?

Could it be that this Abdullah is trying to locate investors for Corney in return for Corney signing some of his players?

Abdullah isn't the investor but simply a go-between.

May be why Placide hasn't been officially announced because Corney didn't get the investment yet so won't return the favour to Abdullah.  I thought it was strange that we'd "signed" Placide last week and he hasn't been on a team sheet yet we sign Byrne yesterday - outside of this Abdullah arrangement - and he appeared last night.  We fielded a youth keeper on bench instead.

I get a very strong feeling that any investment will be minimal, won't progress the club and is a "on the cheap" way of us getting a few extra faces into the side.  Abdullah's triallists could pay off but equally may be a few lingerers around the Africa/South Europe player market that he's trying to shift and using this 'investment' as leverage.

I'm setting my expectations very low on this one......

The way latics is set up now and the division of the assets into brassbank i would imagine that the reason Corney has never been able to sell the club is because they probably say to a prospective buyer -

"Ok tell us how much you want to invest and we will tell you what assets you can have for that price "

No wonder people walk away .

Just now, losesome said:

The way latics is set up now and the division of the assets into brassbank i would imagine that the reason Corney has never been able to sell the club is because they probably say to a prospective buyer -

"Ok tell us how much you want to invest and we will tell you what assets you can have for that price "

No wonder people walk away .

Theres no major assets though unless a buyer parts with the £9m to include the land and stadium.

The playing side of the club is separate and whilst it may be purchased for a lot less, you get players as assets but the running costs and debts too.  None of those players have major resale value hence why interested parties aren't queuing up unless they get something in return ... a buyer for their players perhaps?!

20 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I think he's a Bury fan so possibly. Funnily enough, he's a football agent too. Also used to work for the solicitors who sponsor us. 

Also represented Touhy.

The game we were save last season he was happy we stayed up.

He hasn't been to a game other than Bury's this year,  but was at ours last night.

He's a Bury Season ticket holder, and says hes been a fan man and boy.
May be relevant, may not.

Archived