Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Just a hunch, but I reckon an influx of foreign signings tomorrow...

Can this be done without OAFC board/FA/EFL/trust board/manager approval?

I mean does the said investor have to officially have an approved/signed off as fit to have a stake in a business before they allowed to bring in their own players or influence signings?

Just now, underdog said:

Can this be done without OAFC board/FA/EFL/trust board/manager approval?

I mean does the said investor have to officially have an approved/signed off as fit to have a stake in a business before they allowed to bring in their own players or influence signings?

I'd have thought he can do whatever the hell he wants, especially if he owns majority shares in the club...

Is anyonelse sat here thinking that when you consider that we have a potential takeover coming in tomorrow that I should be sat here feeling more excited. The noises coming out here about somewhat random triallists and an uncertainty about the motives here make me feel apprehensive I should be as giddy as fuck about any incoming investment. I hope I'm wrong.

Can't see this ending well my guess is part of the deal is for us to sign Abdullas mates, who are lower league foreign players, Shez doesent want any of them which will piss him off, Port Vale tried this last season with an influx of foreign players, look where it got them, smacks of jobs for the boys, fingers crossed it's just a couple we've took on as a favour and Shez can still spend some of the cash on players he wants  

18 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'd have thought he can do whatever the hell he wants, especially if he owns majority shares in the club...

That is the question isn't it...who has and it has to have most of the above approval....OAFC's Board/trust board/EFL/FA approval.

i am sure their are business rule too like fit to run a business....surely these check should have to be done first or will have to be done and how long can they take.

if it's a change of ownership of land/buildings then Trust Oldham are legally obliged to be noticed of any change of owner and we have 6 months to put our own deal together minimum.

so it's a holding pattern until we know exactly what's on the table in my mind

3 minutes ago, underdog said:

That is the question isn't it...who has and it has to have most of the above approval....OAFC's Board/trust board/EFL/FA approval.

i am sure their are business rule too like fit to run a business....surely these check should have to be done first or will have to be done and how long can they take.

if it's a change of ownership of land then Trust Oldham are legally obliged to be noticed of any change of owner and we have 6 months to put our own deal together minimum.

so it's a holding pattern until we know exactly what's on the table in my mind

All info points towards a shared ownership/investment as opposed to a full takeover. 

5 minutes ago, Markspark92 said:

Can't see this ending well my guess is part of the deal is for us to sign Abdullas mates, who are lower league foreign players, Shez doesent want any of them which will piss him off, Port Vale tried this last season with an influx of foreign players, look where it got them, smacks of jobs for the boys, fingers crossed it's just a couple we've took on as a favour and Shez can still spend some of the cash on players he wants  

"Jobs for the boys" spot on, my feelings in a nutshell 

3 minutes ago, Markspark92 said:

I still don't get it though.

If he's investing why would he want to use his own invested money to sign substandard players, pay them with his own invested money then pay his own agency business?

If he's brokering the investment why would the actual investors and/or Corney agree to weigh him in via signing his sub standard clients? Why not just pay him a finders/brokers fee for being the middleman and not have to pay his players? 

This is going to be a fuck up of epic proportions. Shez is already annoyed at two of the current squad being signed. How he is going to react to signing three or four tomorrow who he doesn't want, rate, need and possibly can't speak to is anyone's guess.

Still, Corney won't give the club to any old clown will he.....

4 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

If he's investing why would he want to use his own invested money to sign substandard players, pay them with his own invested money then pay his own agency business?

If he's brokering the investment why would the actual investors and/or Corney agree to weigh him in via signing his sub standard clients? Why not just pay him a finders/brokers fee for being the middleman and not have to pay his players? 

Either way will the EFL/FA allow this? I'm fairly sure and someone else has posted it, that an agent cannot have a vested interested in a sporting club.

So is the investor an agent?

we wait to see if there is a deal and what it is

3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

England has got to be the Richest country football wise in terms of depth. We are a shop window. Agents will be on massive cuts. OAFC get the players cheap, player gets to play in England, FA cup an all that. Make a name, let them go to somewhere big like Everton or Burton. Everyone's happy, probably. 

6 minutes ago, Clifford said:

This is going to be a fuck up of epic proportions. Shez is already annoyed at two of the current squad being signed. How he is going to react to signing three or four tomorrow who he doesn't want, rate, need and possibly can't speak to is anyone's guess.

I reckon so. Won't surprise me to see us have a further two managers in before the season is out...

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

My source (same one who told me about Byrne last week) reckons takeover/investment is completed and an announcement should be made tomorrow.

No idea how true it is, but I've no reason to doubt him...

Cheers, a rare bit of reliability I  think on a sea of supposition.

8 minutes ago, Clifford said:

I hope not. we can all look at what happened at various other clubs so I am sure the EFL/FA will be vigilant too...surely?

oh god it's going to be a long few days

5 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Exactly.  All I can see in this is him offering players on the cheap to satisfy FFP for his mate Corney, hoping they do well, get sold for a profit and both he and Corney prosper.  Massive gamble and one that will seriously disrupt the fragile state were in further.

If I was buying a club and spending my money on players to improve the club then I'd want to buy better than the basement of African/Arabic football....that's unless I know they're actually quality

Just now, underdog said:

I hope not. we can all look at what happened at various other clubs so I am sure the EFL/FA will be vigilant too...surely?

oh god it's going to be along few days

Not sure the FA can stop us signing players from an agent. Who is to say at the moment it's anymore than that?

Wolves are doing something similar I believe. 

Archived