Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

54 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

In the article it is claimed that the new owner is even less able to run a football club than his predecessor now that's some statement, there is plenty of shit being thrown in AL's direction at the moment and the only ones who seem to defending him on here are the Trust, do you know something we don't? On top of Keegan and Lee Sinnott being rebuked why would this bloke make things up?

I see this as someone being pissed off that AL won’t pay him. Possibly due to it not being his debt. If it was a proper club debt WUP, I believe that it would have been heard at a court in London. That’s my take on it. 

I’m defending this particular issue, not completely. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So AL pays off most of Corneys “theft” including Court fees and this guy still has a beef about AL without clarifying anything about why he’s worse than the “thief” before. Dave Saltman...Very strange bloke.  

My conclusion is the guy is a bit of a dick for biting the only hand at OAFC that’s fed him. 

3 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

So AL pays off most of Corneys “theft” including Court fees and this guy still has a beef about AL without clarifying anything about why he’s worse than the “thief” before. Dave Saltman...Very strange bloke.  

My conclusion is the guy is a bit of a dick for biting the only hand at OAFC that’s fed him. 

100%

what a knobhead.

Its not the first debt that the club and new owner have been saddled with since the ex owner left.

Those perimeter boards. Corney only paid a deposit. 

It's the unforseen financial hurdles that have been thrown Al's and  the clubs way.

In my mind, the changes to clubs bank accounts was not only too see what we should be paying but also to see who we shouldn't and who comes out of the woodwork from it.

7 minutes ago, underdog said:

Its not the first debt that the club and new owner have been saddled with since the ex owner left.

It's the unforseen financial hurdles that have been thrown Al's and  the clubs way.

In my mind, the changes to clubs bank accounts was not only too see what we should be paying but also to see who we shouldn't and who comes out of the woodwork from it.

Why is this the case?  If I was going to plough millions into a company, I'd go through the books meticulously to find out all outstanding debts the company has.

However underhand Corney has supposedly been, surely there's legal ramifications of withholding information on outstanding debts the club has?

Or did AL just not do his research properly?

It is this type of disgruntlement that fuels the fire off which people like Kusunga feed.

People either charmed by Simon ‘Silvertongue’ Corney and financially stung, or those who fed off him discarded by the new regime and are now bitter(er).

I feel for AL.

5 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

100%

what a knobhead.

Sums it up for me too.

I find it interesting how a glorified gardner (not Dan) knows the details of how well an individual runs a business. It would be like the stationery supplier at my school having an opinion on how well the headteacher leads the school. He's a bitter cock, a bit like McFluff's willy after performing his alternative to watching Love Island.

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

I find it interesting how a glorified gardner (not Dan) knows the details of how well an individual runs a business. It would be like the stationery supplier at my school having an opinion on how well the headteacher leads the school. He's a bitter cock, a bit like McFluff's willy after performing his alternative to watching Love Island.

Thankfully I watched Brazil instead. 

1 hour ago, underdog said:

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask, cheeky fucker.

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Why is this the case?  If I was going to plough millions into a company, I'd go through the books meticulously to find out all outstanding debts the company has.

However underhand Corney has supposedly been, surely there's legal ramifications of withholding information on outstanding debts the club has?

Or did AL just not do his research properly?

Think this is where I’m at. 

23 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask, cheeky fucker.

We all knew that Corney did everything he could to keep  us going, and I'm torn with the fact he did for our club and we still have a club but the consequences to those financially effected pains me too.

We all know what happens when there's blood in the water....is it a case that new money is bringing those hard done by out? That they can finally say what's happened without consequences?

I'm not savvy with business matters you all know, I am sure Al team did look over the books, and I don't know his business and if he is looking at the ramifications /legal recourse of it all.

the perimeter boards, I do know that the company want their outstanding monies and the club team are negotiating with them. The fact that they have been in situ for over 12 months and probably have depreciated a bit would help our case.

It's still in my mind that the HMRC raid in December has not been closed down yet either.

22 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

So... Corney creates debt. AL pays debt yet AL gets the flack? What a nob.

And I can’t even put into words what Corney has shown to be 

And fans are wondering where our funding is and why we are not splashing the cash yet.

lost of balls to juggle with the odd grenade being  thrown in.

I don't own a company, or been involved in a takeover...how long is a piece of string before the dust settles on it all and the new owner is on a even footing?

I think people are being blinded by their hatred for Corney here - AL's been working behind the scenes for a good few months (a year?) at Latics.  He should know the drill and know the way Corney operated.  I find it amazing that he appears to be fairly unaware of so much with regards to the financial state of the club, yet took it on anyway.

AL's not doing it for the love - he's a businessman and blaming financial troubles on the unpopular previous owner seems like a complete cop out to me.  He should have done his research and, like any other business, if he's bought the club he's bought the debt too.  At what point does it become his fault and not Corney's?  1 year? 2? Longer?  Again Corney was slated for lack of ambition, but the noises appear to suggest that we're unlikely to be competitive anytime soon...and our new owner is devoid of all responsibility.

Alarm bells continue to ring....

25 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I think people are being blinded by their hatred for Corney here - AL's been working behind the scenes for a good few months (a year?) at Latics.  He should know the drill and know the way Corney operated.  I find it amazing that he appears to be fairly unaware of so much with regards to the financial state of the club, yet took it on anyway.

AL's not doing it for the love - he's a businessman and blaming financial troubles on the unpopular previous owner seems like a complete cop out to me.  He should have done his research and, like any other business, if he's bought the club he's bought the debt too.  At what point does it become his fault and not Corney's?  1 year? 2? Longer?  Again Corney was slated for lack of ambition, but the noises appear to suggest that we're unlikely to be competitive anytime soon...and our new owner is devoid of all responsibility.

I think AL probably knew there was a lot to come out of the woodwork and limited liabilities because of it. These drawn out disputes are due to him telling them to deal with SC.  

26 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I was not blinded by my hatred for Corney as I was one of his staunched defenders. The guys now proven to be a total crook and yes AL appears to have been very naive in what he was told and bought.  My point is a debt that was created by Corney has been paid yet it’s the guy who paid it that’s being slated.

Im not sure of AL’s worth or what his plans are but I just feel he is getting a lot of very unfair shit thrown at him at the moment and if I was him I’d think “fuck this it’s more hassle than it’s worth”

its been well reported the guy was covering bills and wages before even officially taking over

Simon Corney could sell ice to Eskimos 

As Chief Exec one would have expected Mark Moisley to have exerted a responsible attitude to the club’s business affairs and obligations. If he didn’t and/or followed less than legitimate processes ( maybe at Simon Corney’s request) then it’s little wonder that AL decided to get rid of him. 

Some of the issues emerging from the woodwork would surely have been known by MM.

4 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I was not blinded by my hatred for Corney as I was one of his staunched defenders. The guys now proven to be a total crook and yes AL appears to have been very naive in what he was told and bought.  My point is a debt that was created by Corney has been paid yet it’s the guy who paid it that’s being slated.

Im not sure of AL’s worth or what his plans are but I just feel he is getting a lot of very unfair shit thrown at him at the moment and if I was him I’d think “fuck this it’s more hassle than it’s worth”

its been well reported the guy was covering bills and wages before even officially taking over

Simon Corney could sell ice to Eskimos 

He couldn't - if he could, he'd have sold the club years ago.

My post wasn't specifically related to that article, but so what if AL's paid one of the club's debt's off?  That's his job!  The chap in the article doesn't care which owner created the debt - the debt is of the club's, of which AL is now responsible for.

5 minutes ago, JoeP said:

My post wasn't specifically related to that article, but so what if AL's paid one of the club's debt's off?  That's his job!  The chap in the article doesn't care which owner created the debt - the debt is of the club's, of which AL is now responsible for.

Not saying he isn’t responsible - I’m saying he’s paid it but being slagged off in spite of this.

my point about Corney selling ice to Eskimos is based on all the shit videos he came out with which most people (including me) swallowed showing him in some sort of sympathetic light yet now appears he had the club in a much bigger shit hole than we thought 

18 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Love how you become alert and poised about far-fetched positive rumours but when respected sources and journalists imply bad news it’s all bollocks.

Where’s the proof!!!!!!!

(Hope it’s true) 

Alert?  It was posted a couple of days ago and first I saw of it was when saw someone else question it on twitter.  

See those “????” ?.   Called question marks pal.  I’m asking if anyone knows anything about it.  I know that we are only allowed to post negative stuff. 

What I haven’t done, unlike you, is taken a rumour and then restated is as fact. 

Wind your neck in. 

33 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Youre getting there. Just the bit where you realise that AL turning up and paying everybody elses club related debts is actually a good thing and that that article is an absolute bottle job, off target disk race to go.

17 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Alert?  It was posted a couple of days ago and first I saw of it was when saw someone else question it on twitter.  

See those “????” ?.   Called question marks pal.  I’m asking if anyone knows anything about it.  I know that we are only allowed to post negative stuff. 

What I haven’t done, unlike you, is taken a rumour and then restated is as fact. 

Wind your neck in. 

Burn

Archived