Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

8 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I think people's dislike of Mike is misplaced. He's not responsible for the mess that is our club but most on here treat him as such.

I like Mike and generally think he gets it right but at the moment he seems to be going out of his way to antagonise the fans and is looking for a reaction.

There is no doubt about it that this guy could of spilled the beans on Corney yet he chose to sit in silence, why then is he happy to destabilise and effectively derail what AL is trying to do before he has even had a chance. 

Weird behaviour from a 'fan'.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

We all know people who always look at the negatives, in every walk of life. And by the same token there are those who do tend to go overboard at the slightest success.

England did us proud and gave a nation a lot of enjoyment. But I tend to take a more pragmatic view of our overall tournament performance; we played beyond what was expected but we were exposed when we came up against a better more experienced team. Given the success of the younger age group England teams there is hope for the future. 

Hope is a good thing but it can also kill you ?

This is where I am. 

Kane was probably the only World Class player. 

Croatia had more players playing in top top teams. 

We had a team. 

It's possible that more of our players will get more game time, more experience and moves to top teams. 

Also maybe less a default move to foreign players and give some English talent a break.

The psychology will be improved too, and more attention on focusing resources on England. 

The pipeline of players looks healthier too. 

The press has generally got better feedback and hopefully sales from positive stories. 

No guarantees, but maybe, just maybe. 

10 hours ago, OAFCMIKE said:

Fat? And I know you’re a happy clapping, fingers in the ears, keyboard warrioring ain’t-League-Two-great kind of guy, but there’s no need to drop the capital ‘O’ in ‘Oldham’.  

Ok... chubby.   Ooooo he’s triggered! Ha. 

You are the the keyboard warrior pal.  That’s the modern definition of your ‘job’.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I like Mike and generally think he gets it right but at the moment he seems to be going out of his way to antagonise the fans and is looking for a reaction.

There is no doubt about it that this guy could of spilled the beans on Corney yet he chose to sit in silence, why then is he happy to destabilise and effectively derail what AL is trying to do before he has even had a chance. 

Weird behaviour from a 'fan'.

He’s no longer a fan

Hilarious!

Mike tweeted about England poor performance last night which if you watched you'll know we were shite for a good hour and Oldham fans responded with tweets about negative Oldham tweets and brass bank stories.

They tried to get a rise out him and when he replied like wise people bite. They abuse him on twitter (like its a badge of honour to be blocked for calling someone an nonce or a cunt) and threads are hijacked in his name on here and he was talking about England not Oldham. Some proper sad bastards about!

7 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Hilarious!

Mike tweeted about England poor performance last night which if you watched you'll know we were shite for a good hour and Oldham fans responded with tweets about negative Oldham tweets and brass bank stories.

They tried to get a rise out him and when he replied like wise people bite. They abuse him on twitter (like its a badge of honour to be blocked for calling someone an nonce or a cunt) and threads are hijacked in his name on here and he was talking about England not Oldham. Some proper sad bastards about!

He brought Oldham in to the thread with a pretty shitty and unnecessary dig at the club.  He could have ignored the person trying to bate.  Regarding England... he couldn’t wait!  He’s just very negative like most modern hacks.  Miserable to a man.  Good news isn’t news for the likes of him. 

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

He brought Oldham in to the thread with a pretty shitty and unnecessary dig at the club.  He could have ignored the person trying to bate.  Regarding England... he couldn’t wait!  He’s just very negative like most modern hacks.  Miserable to a man.  Good news isn’t news for the likes of him. 

No he didn't, a fan mentioned us first. I doubt he even wrote the word Oldham or oafc. 

5 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Should England's inability to reach a World Cup Final be discussed (in quite a childish manner in a few cases) within our Takeover thread? Really?

He went on to say expect a few stories about Oldham... it’s relevant.

(childish, says the man wit the emoji fetish) 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

He went on to say expect a few stories about Oldham... it’s relevant.

(childish, says the man wit the emoji fetish) 

When there are stories relating to Oldham and when they do actually arise then bring them back onto this thread if they relate to Takeover or New Investment.

It isn't too difficult at all in reality.  :wedgie::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::smoking:.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

You didn’t read my post properly...

Where? you said he brought up Oldham. He didn't...

He can have an opinion about England without it being about his job. England last night were not great and he wasn't the only person who tweeted it.

Its easy  saying he shouldn't rise to it as you rise to him by posting on a thread that has fuck all to do with him. Take your own advice.

9 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Where? you said he brought up Oldham. He didn't...

He can have an opinion about England without it being about his job. England last night were not great and he wasn't the only person who tweeted it.

Its easy  saying he shouldn't rise to it as you rise to him by posting on a thread that has fuck all to do with him. Take your own advice.

Ugh, such a sycophant.

The fella has lost any respect he had amongst a lot of Latics fans, the Brassbank 'special' which never materialised, the latest hatchet job on the new owner which no doubt won't be the last, blocking anyone who dares to dissent against his opinion.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Ugh, such a sycophant.

The fella has lost any respect he had amongst a lot of Latics fans, the Brassbank 'special' which never materialised, the latest hatchet job on the new owner which no doubt won't be the last, blocking anyone who dares to dissent against his opinion.

Wow, tell me something I don't know.

He can post what he wants and block who he wants for uncalled for abuse, he doesn't block for a differing opinion as im not blocked and ive disagreed with him on  a lot of issues regarding oafc.

However his opinion on England has fuck all to do with Oldham or its takeover, Latics fans are obsessed with him

14 minutes ago, OAFCMIKE said:

I can live with being called a ‘p****’ but I can’t live with this post which is untrue and libelous. I suggest you remove it. 

For a a long time, I’ve ignored abuse on here and on Twitter for simply doing my job. To be honest, I hoped my fellow fans would be grateful that someone shone a light on the dreadful goings-on at the club (something which the Trust and decimated local media seem incapable of doing) and I am stunned at the grief I’ve got for doing so and the general levels of delusion among some. 

A couple of things I want to get out there. 1. Reporting on Oldham is far from clickbait. 

2. Simon Corney was held to account on a regular basis by me, and at one stage did not speak to me for two years as a result of stories he did not like. Ironically, some of the people who had a go at me for doing so (usually after Simon released a video or statement) are the same ones now claiming I’m in some form of cahoots with him which is, frankly, nonsense. 

3. As for the Brass Brank special, that came as a response to what I thought was an unjustified attack on me by SC for again doing my job as a reporter. As I’ve said to people on Twitter more than once, unfortunately a story about the ex-owners of a club owning one of its stands is not going to whet the appetite in the office. To be fair, most of the info is already out there and I got carried away and should not have tweeted what, bizarrely, has become a stick to beat me with. 

Finally, I am desperate for this club to succeed under AL or anyone else. Desperate. I sincerely hope this happens sooner rather than later and that mistakes can be learned from (which I was hoping may be triggered in some small way by my last piece). 

However, if something happens that is not necessarily positive and is newsworthy at Latics (or any club for that matter), I will report it. That’s my job. 

A big thanks to those who can see that and who have thanked me for getting details out there. 

Thanks MIke - I find the criticism of you utterly bizarre tbh.

16 minutes ago, OAFCMIKE said:

I can live with being called a ‘p****’ but I can’t live with this post which is untrue and libelous. I suggest you remove it. 

For a a long time, I’ve ignored abuse on here and on Twitter for simply doing my job. To be honest, I hoped my fellow fans would be grateful that someone shone a light on the dreadful goings-on at the club (something which the Trust and decimated local media seem incapable of doing) and I am stunned at the grief I’ve got for doing so and the general levels of delusion among some. 

A couple of things I want to get out there. 1. Reporting on Oldham is far from clickbait. 

2. Simon Corney was held to account on a regular basis by me, and at one stage did not speak to me for two years as a result of stories he did not like. Ironically, some of the people who had a go at me for doing so (usually after Simon released a video or statement) are the same ones now claiming I’m in some form of cahoots with him which is, frankly, nonsense. 

3. As for the Brass Brank special, that came as a response to what I thought was an unjustified attack on me by SC for again doing my job as a reporter. As I’ve said to people on Twitter more than once, unfortunately a story about the ex-owners of a club owning one of its stands is not going to whet the appetite in the office. To be fair, most of the info is already out there and I got carried away and should not have tweeted what, bizarrely, has become a stick to beat me with. 

Finally, I am desperate for this club to succeed under AL or anyone else. Desperate. I sincerely hope this happens sooner rather than later and that mistakes can be learned from (which I was hoping may be triggered in some small way by my last piece). 

However, if something happens that is not necessarily positive and is newsworthy at Latics (or any club for that matter), I will report it. That’s my job. 

A big thanks to those who can see that and who have thanked me for getting details out there. 

What I thought to be fair.

22 minutes ago, OAFCMIKE said:

Understand where you're coming from.

Quick question. If stories about Latics don't muster much interest from your wider audience, why did you choose to take it to your employers to publish in such a way that would embarrass the club in public and potentially harm our chances?

If you simply wanted to enlighten Latics fans, it could have easily just been posted on here.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Lemsagams' biggest crime seems to be that he increased the wage bill, which is the most likely way the club will achieve any success.

Increasing the wage bill if you can sustain it - fine.

Doubling the wage bill whilst constantly failing to pay other basic expenses that every business incurs - worrying.

Archived