Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

5 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Understand where you're coming from.

Quick question. If stories about Latics don't muster much interest from your wider audience, why did you choose to take it to your employers to publish in such a way that would embarrass the club in public and potentially harm our chances?

If you simply wanted to enlighten Latics fans, it could have easily just been posted on here.

How does the reporting embarrass the club? Its the actions taken that are being reported on that damage the club.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, OAFCMIKE said:

I can live with being called a ‘p****’ but I can’t live with this post which is untrue and libelous. I suggest you remove it. 

For a a long time, I’ve ignored abuse on here and on Twitter for simply doing my job. To be honest, I hoped my fellow fans would be grateful that someone shone a light on the dreadful goings-on at the club (something which the Trust and decimated local media seem incapable of doing) and I am stunned at the grief I’ve got for doing so and the general levels of delusion among some. 

A couple of things I want to get out there. 1. Reporting on Oldham is far from clickbait. 

2. Simon Corney was held to account on a regular basis by me, and at one stage did not speak to me for two years as a result of stories he did not like. Ironically, some of the people who had a go at me for doing so (usually after Simon released a video or statement) are the same ones now claiming I’m in some form of cahoots with him which is, frankly, nonsense. 

3. As for the Brass Brank special, that came as a response to what I thought was an unjustified attack on me by SC for again doing my job as a reporter. As I’ve said to people on Twitter more than once, unfortunately a story about the ex-owners of a club owning one of its stands is not going to whet the appetite in the office. To be fair, most of the info is already out there and I got carried away and should not have tweeted what, bizarrely, has become a stick to beat me with. 

Finally, I am desperate for this club to succeed under AL or anyone else. Desperate. I sincerely hope this happens sooner rather than later and that mistakes can be learned from (which I was hoping may be triggered in some small way by my last piece). 

However, if something happens that is not necessarily positive and is newsworthy at Latics (or any club for that matter), I will report it. That’s my job. 

A big thanks to those who can see that and who have thanked me for getting details out there. 

Well said. 

44 minutes ago, OAFCMIKE said:

I can live with being called a ‘p****’ but I can’t live with this post which is untrue and libelous. I suggest you remove it. 

For a a long time, I’ve ignored abuse on here and on Twitter for simply doing my job. To be honest, I hoped my fellow fans would be grateful that someone shone a light on the dreadful goings-on at the club (something which the Trust and decimated local media seem incapable of doing) and I am stunned at the grief I’ve got for doing so and the general levels of delusion among some. 

A couple of things I want to get out there. 1. Reporting on Oldham is far from clickbait. 

2. Simon Corney was held to account on a regular basis by me, and at one stage did not speak to me for two years as a result of stories he did not like. Ironically, some of the people who had a go at me for doing so (usually after Simon released a video or statement) are the same ones now claiming I’m in some form of cahoots with him which is, frankly, nonsense. 

3. As for the Brass Brank special, that came as a response to what I thought was an unjustified attack on me by SC for again doing my job as a reporter. As I’ve said to people on Twitter more than once, unfortunately a story about the ex-owners of a club owning one of its stands is not going to whet the appetite in the office. To be fair, most of the info is already out there and I got carried away and should not have tweeted what, bizarrely, has become a stick to beat me with. 

Finally, I am desperate for this club to succeed under AL or anyone else. Desperate. I sincerely hope this happens sooner rather than later and that mistakes can be learned from (which I was hoping may be triggered in some small way by my last piece). 

However, if something happens that is not necessarily positive and is newsworthy at Latics (or any club for that matter), I will report it. That’s my job. 

A big thanks to those who can see that and who have thanked me for getting details out there. 

It's clear there have been and still are 'issues'. Given the insight you've obviously got, in your opinion, is the future more positive (short or long term)?

2 hours ago, OAFCMIKE said:

He's a reporter and reported on what he thought might be of oafc interest.

It's up to his employer if it's published.

As for his views on England he reported what he saw with his own eyes, nothing wrong with either in my opinion.

Personally, I'd like to see Mike interview AL and put an end to all this aggro.

3 hours ago, OAFCMIKE said:

So you won’t publish your much vaunted “brass bank special” because your employer has no interest in printing it....  fair enough but this is slightly at odds with you second paragraph isn’t it?

If you are ‘one of us’ then why don’t you do it as a retrospective piece and simply publish it to this forum for your fellow supporters to read? 

You honestly believe your last piece will help someone run a club better?   How so? I doubt anyone is taking advice from a reporter on how to do anything...let alone run a business. Slightly narcissistic. 

... and yes, we know your job is to post things that aren’t necessarily positive. You remind us regularly by doing so. 

Thanks. 

11 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Craig Davies with some very harsh words for Abdallah on Twitter

Sour grapes Craig Davies. After you where not allowed to join Coventry in January you where hell bent in not supporting the team and threw your dummy out of the pram. Looks like you have not learned your lesson of keeping your own council. Good luck to Mansfield with you playing for them they will need it because you are trouble with a capital T. You know what? The players are a lot happier now you have left. It only needs one bad apple and it’s infectious. 

3 hours ago, OAFCMIKE said:

Could you point me in the direction on your piece on Bolton Wanderes Mike. I would be interested to read it but can't find it anywhere.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Sour grapes Craig Davies. After you where not allowed to join Coventry in January you where hell bent in not supporting the team and threw your dummy out of the pram. Looks like you have not learned your lesson of keeping your own council. Good luck to Mansfield with you playing for them they will need it because you are trouble with a capital T

Wishing everyone associated with the club well apart from the owner doesn't strike me as sour grapes..

17 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Craig Davies with some very harsh words for Abdallah on Twitter

So nothing we didn't know about already. 

Seems a bit self serving to me. 

Undeniable cook ups but seems exagerated in the context of his denied move in January and the fact he's had 17 clubs. 

Criticising other player must go on all the time. 

Was there more than one meeting when a player was called out about a derogatory article? 

How often paid  late? 

Pay some and not others though is indefensible. 

AL needs watching there are significant concerns but this is a re hash of what Wellens has said or he was one of the moles. 

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Wishing everyone associated with the club well apart from the owner doesn't strike me as sour grapes..

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Of course it’s sour grapes. AL would not let him leave to Coventry in January. He lives in Birmingham area. To come on Twitter and go public as he has done is in bad taste.

1 minute ago, Smiler13 said:

Of course it’s sour grapes. AL would not let him leave to Coventry in January. He lives in Birmingham area. To come on Twitter and go public as he has done is in bad taste.

Big fan how you find this as bad taste but when the players weren't paid on time it was fine? Honestly what would it take for you to come off the shrooms

Ah come on. Davies is an experienced pro, who has played at some messy clubs (Bolton, think Barnsley weren't in great shape when he was there), for him to come out and say this is relatively significant.

The pay thing will inevitably have a massive effect on players and their morale.

Think Abdallah needs to be very careful, and those around him need to keep an eye on him...

1 minute ago, josh_latics said:

Ah come on. Davies is an experienced pro, who has played at some messy clubs (Bolton, think Barnsley weren't in great shape when he was there), for him to come out and say this is relatively significant.

The pay thing will inevitably have a massive effect on players and their morale.

Think Abdallah needs to be very careful, and those around him need to keep an eye on him...

He’s caused trouble every where he’s been

Archived