Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

2 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

I have friends at Chesterfield, Barnsley and Wigan and they all give him a bad name. That’s where I get my proof from. 

Rumours then. Was expecting something more substantial from you, Smiley...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AL inherited lots of problems. Some players thinking they could rule the roost and a bad manager that could not control players with a strong personality. Now we have a different management team that won’t stand for any nonsense and the players know who the boss is and that nonsense won’t be tolerated. Last season as a new owner with not a lot of experience AL made mistakes and thought that by interfering in the conflict he could make it better however it went pear shaped and he made matters worst which he admits. The problem was that Wellens had lost the dressing room and could not get the different fractions to work together. The new owner thought he could sort it but he couldn’t and I can understand his thoughts as being an owner where he finds that nothing was being run correctly. I trust him more than Corney and we should give him time to get it right. The new management team have gelled the players together as one unit and won’t stand for nonsense. Let’s give the guy a chance to sort the club out in his own way.

6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Rumours then. Was expecting something more substantial from you, Smiley...

Ryan if you want to call it rumours so be it but ask yourself why Davies never stays long at any club???????

11 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I get what you're saying, but the whole premise of supporting a football club is about getting wound up about things you can't control.

Who knows?  We may need to channel that anger sooner rather than later in the way Charlton or Blackpool fans have relatively recently..

So why are the new management all working hard together and happy this preseason. If it’s as bad as Davies says and others we would have players leaving in mass and not a happy bunch of players enjoying their football under the new management. Just remember Davies is now the opposition and he could be trying to demoralise the team. There are always two sides to a story.

12 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

AL inherited lots of problems. Some players thinking they could rule the roost and a bad manager that could not control players with a strong personality. Now we have a different management team that won’t stand for any nonsense and the players know who the boss is and that nonsense won’t be tolerated. Last season as a new owner with not a lot of experience AL made mistakes and thought that by interfering in the conflict he could make it better however it went pear shaped and he made matters worst which he admits. The problem was that Wellens had lost the dressing room and could not get the different fractions to work together. The new owner thought he could sort it but he couldn’t and I can understand his thoughts as being an owner where he finds that nothing was being run correctly. I trust him more than Corney and we should give him time to get it right. The new management team have gelled the players together as one unit and won’t stand for nonsense. Let’s give the guy a chance to sort the club out in his own way.

You keep that head firmly in the sand

Just now, Senor_Coconut said:

Always had a whiff of Leyton Orient this takeover

Certainly does but the Trust seem happy with the way AL is going about things so I guess we should all stop worrying?

The fact AL has nobody around him to reign him in is a concern and also I understand he has his own life outside of football but where the fuck is he when we are going into what is the most important season for the club in over twenty years. 

Worrying times if these problems are not put to bed.

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Don’t understand the mentality behind the people who refuse to accept any of this as truth, or try to twist it into an alterior motive... Very bizarre. 

We'll find out soon enough the reality. 

I reckon within half a dozen games or so will be enough to know. 

42 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

You keep that head firmly in the sand

I will because I don’t believe Davies . If things where wrong Bunn and Rhodes would have left but they are happy. So ask yourself who is right . Davies or the management team that are enjoying their selves. 

2 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

I noticed the players are now referring to FB as gaffer.

I remarked last season players were calling RW by his first name and being old fashioned I didn't like this familiarity.

FB and AR seem a good fit for me and I think we will see a much more disciplined team.

I also imagine AL will stay more in the background as a result of these appointments.

17 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

I will because I don’t believe Davies . If things where wrong Bunn and Rhodes would have left but they are happy. So ask yourself who is right . Davies or the management team that are enjoying their selves. 

Why would Davies make it up? And it’s exactly the same sort of thing Mike Keegan has told us. Beggars belief to just ignore this stuff. 

26 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Why would Davies make it up? And it’s exactly the same sort of thing Mike Keegan has told us. Beggars belief to just ignore this stuff. 

Davies is talking about the past, we are looking to the future now.

Let's see how it goes.

Personal view is that we have to give the fella a clean slate - ultimately whatever you think of the Trust they are our best window in and the vibe seems to be that he is genuine and we might have bottomed out and can finally look to move forward despite the landmines left behind by the previous regime.

To be fair it's not stuff we all haven't heard someone or read on here. We have just heard it from a player.

At the Trust AGM this week your exiting rep gave an overview of the state of our club and what lessons the new owner is learning.

overview/analogy was if you imagine the big red button on a desk as an alarm, as a Trust we were within 24hours of hitting it under the previous regime just before Al came on board. It's the first time since the Trust inception we have been at that point of making that decision and calling upon certain bodies with regards to the clubs plight.....that's how close we were. Jorvik and the Trust chair were looking how we could tap  into legal advice and were closely monitoring the situations at Blackpool and Carlisle.

The previous owner firmly believed the Trust were behind the HMRC raid, we weren't ...and this has not gone away yet folks. We still have that one to hit the club.

since Al has come on board  we have edge away from that button on a daily basis, it might not feel it like it as we are being hit with testimonies and stories, left right and centre.

Al has learnt the mistakes with regards to the dressing room and we we're told, is keeping firmly away even on match days, to the point he's even considering not staying  with the players in the same hotel if there is a stay over.

hes invested approx £3.5 mil in our club, we might question his sanity...I bloody well would.

As your Trust we remain ever vigilant and now Al now has 2 ex trust Reps and the new Trust rep  to help/guide him. All three with knowedge going back 14 years from the aftermath of the Moore mess and have a good grounding of our club, rules and  regulations we need to adhere etc. I beleive other people will be joining the board with business experience so that can only help him him

i agree clean slate with a certain bedding in period.

7 minutes ago, underdog said:

To be fair it's not stuff we all haven't heard someone or read on here. We have just heard it from a player.

At the Trust AGM this week your exiting rep gave an overview of the state of our club and what lessons the new owner is learning.

overview/analogy was if you imagine the big red button on a desk as an alarm, as a Trust we were within 24hours of hitting it under the previous regime just before Al came on board. It's the first time since the Trust inception we have been at that point of making that decision and calling upon certain bodies with regards to the clubs plight.....that's how close we were. Jorvik and the Trust chair were looking how we could tap  into legal advice and were closely monitoring the situations at Blackpool and Carlisle.

The previous owner firmly believed the Trust were behind the HMRC....and this has not gone away yet.

since Al has come on board  we have edge away from that button on a daily basis, it might not feel it like it as we are being hit with testimonies and stories, left right and centre.

Al has learnt the mistakes with regards to the dressing room and we we're told, is keeping firmly away even on match days, to the point he's even considering not saying with the players in the same hotel if there is a stay over.

hes invested approx £3.5 mil in our club, we might question his sanity...I bloody well would.

As your Trust we remain ever vigilant and now Al now has 2 ex trust Reps and the new Trust rep  to help/guide him. All three with knowedge going back 14 years from the aftermath of the Moore mess and have a good grounding of our club, rules and  regulations we need to adhere too, I beleive other people will be joining the board with business experience so tht can only help him

If he has two ex trust reps and a new trust rep to help/guide him I'd suggest we are even deeper shit than I'd envisaged.

11 minutes ago, underdog said:

The previous owner firmly believed the Trust were behind the HMRC raid, we weren't ...and this has not gone away yet folks. We still have that one to hit the club.

Al has learnt the mistakes with regards to the dressing room and we we're told, is keeping firmly away even on match days, to the point he's even considering not staying  with the players in the same hotel if there is a stay over.

As your Trust we remain ever vigilant and now Al now has 2 ex trust Reps and the new Trust rep  to help/guide him. All three with knowedge going back 14 years from the aftermath of the Moore mess and have a good grounding of our club, rules and  regulations we need to adhere etc. I beleive other people will be joining the board with business experience so that can only help him him

If he can’t behave in an ethical way then what’s the point. Unless he wants to be manager and have staff on minimum wage he needs to buck up.

20 minutes ago, underdog said:

The way I see it is AL has appointed FB to do the team talking and that seems to be the sensible option.

Wages paid on time from now on and a couple of good strikers signed will bring much needed optimism IMO.

Archived