Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

19 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If Lemsagam has put £3.5 million in the last 12 months into the football club and we are still struggling to pay bills then it suggests we have some horrendous historical debt issues probably surrounding the stand.

But the narrative must remain that Lemsagam is the villain...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JoeP said:

He's not the villain, but he's hardly the hero either...

Biggest crimes, increasing the wage bill and digging a few people out.

He's got a way to go to get on terms with the last lot and their charge sheet.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Biggest crimes, increasing the wage bill and digging a few people out.

He's got a way to go to get on terms with the last lot and their charge sheet.

Really, by all reports he's carrying on with their style of ownership

19 minutes ago, Senor_Coconut said:

Really, by all reports he's carrying on with their style of ownership

I don't think that's right.

He's certainly got his own downsides (interference, #frenchlads), but from what I understand he's trying to rectify things in terms of getting the financial side of the club sorted out. Corney was a crook, AL definitely doesn't seem to be as bad as that.

5 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

We almost certainly have. I know of a contractor on the stand who "pulled out" many months ago as he was owed money from the previous regime and there was no prospect of him getting paid. It's no coincidence that major parts of it are unfinished.

I'd imagine hes not the only one, unfortunately if the Tax man and the staff arent being paid then subcontractors or suppliers are going to be an after thought at best.

4 hours ago, deyres42 said:

But the narrative must remain that Lemsagam is the villain...

Only for people who look at things in a bi polar manner. The majority of us are reasonable balanced people who will acknowledge problems caused, but give him a certain benefit of the doubt, and allow him to put things right over the coming years.

3 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I'd love AL to come out and say something like...."I arrived last summer, the club was virtually bankrupt. The bank didn't want to know us. Corney was wanting me to pay the wages and I didn't own a thing. I wanted to buy the club and if I didn't pay something, there wasn't going to be a club to buy. So an agreement was put in place that I paid the wages of players I brought to the club, and Corney agreed to pay the players he'd brought to the club."

We know Corney didn't have a pot to piss in. From things I've heard the past 12mths, I'm fairly sure the above won't be far from the truth.

And that is the most plausible explanation I've seen thus far.

17 hours ago, Ryan said:

Rumours then. Was expecting something more substantial from you, Smiley...

One of Wellens' mouthpieces states Davies allegidly threw a fit with AL in Jan because he blocked a move to Coventry where his wages would have been doubled. Wellens wanted him to leave but AL stated he was his favourite player. Davies came in the next day allegedly holding holidays tickets stating that was all he was interested in. I would check his stats post the last week of Jan and see if you see any down turn. 

Instead of £3k a week at Cov he is at Mansfield. Axe to grind. Move on.

25 minutes ago, singe said:

PFA have confirmed a meeting with Bolton Chairman, Squad representatives.ANd staff.

Don;t think we ever got so far the PFA confirmed in advance did we?

He's Chief Football writer Bolton News.

Can anybody tell me where Mike Keegan has written a piece on Bolton Wanderers because he has tweeted that it’s his job to report on any club where it is run very badly. So I can’t find an article anywhere Mike. Expecting you to release the dirt on them soon. Can’t Wait.

5 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Can anybody tell me where Mike Keegan has written a piece on Bolton Wanderers because he has tweeted that it’s his job to report on any club where it is run very badly. So I can’t find an article anywhere Mike. Expecting you to release the dirt on them soon. Can’t Wait.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3307755/Bolton-Wanderers-staff-fear-jobs-amid-concerns-club-s-financial-stability.html Didn’t take long to find - I’m sure there’s more.

4 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Emphasises a good point.

Only problem is the article he refers to is 3 years out of date. Big joke. I was hoping for something more current like this week since Bolton have massive problems at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Only problem is the article he refers to is 3 years out of date. Big joke. I was hoping for something more current like this week since Bolton have massive problems at the moment.

The #prooflads are on great form recently

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Anyone remember the days when the only source of information from the club was the Oldham Chron and letters to the editor was the only way to criticise?

Yes

that seems like a lifetime ago

i wrote a few letters to the Chron in  the late 70’s and 80’s

super Stan fan

for Simon stainrod 

Does no one else find it a tad concerning that AL didn’t even know what he was buying? He had to have a trust rep inform him he was actually buying the squad not the ground? At what point was this revelation appear? Did it reduce the price? I find it extremely weird. 

6 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Does no one else find it a tad concerning that AL didn’t even know what he was buying? He had to have a trust rep inform him he was actually buying the squad not the ground? At what point was this revelation appear? Did it reduce the price? I find it extremely weird. 

If something doesn’t sound plausible, it’s probably bollocks. 

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If something doesn’t sound plausible, it’s probably bollocks. 

Like your name, I have been been in sweet denial every year “knowing we can’t go down” alas I was wrong to believe you ?

23 hours ago, Ryan said:

Well they have still not paid the wife for the last five games of last season even though keep getting told they will. They then have the audacity to ask if she want to work next season  for them you can imagine what the reply was.Wonder how many of the staff that only work match days have not been paid?

48 minutes ago, kev1969 said:

Well they have still not paid the wife for the last five games of last season even though keep getting told they will. They then have the audacity to ask if she want to work next season  for them you can imagine what the reply was.Wonder how many of the staff that only work match days have not been paid?

It’s out of order. It’s just taking the piss. 

Hope you get sorted mate. 

57 minutes ago, kev1969 said:

Who is this 'they' person?

Are the Trust pursuing the non payments on her behalf?

1 hour ago, kev1969 said:

We had a couple of fans who work at the club in various roles, at the AGM.  I know Lee asked the question about wages and I don't remember as I had my head down, doing the notes anyone speaking up to say they had not from a non player angle. I know one was a turntstyle operator and another from the community trust. Maybe they didn't want to say anything which is fair enough

As as far as I am aware match day staff are the first to be paid as without them, Matches cannot go ahead. 

i know the club switched back accounts, I'm amclutching at straws with regards to an oversight but you really need to take this further with the club.

good luck

Archived