Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

It might actually be Bunns decision not to play him though. He maybe seen as a disruptive influnce this is one of, if not the most likely reason for his omission the player has form here.

Frankie Bunn told me himself last week that he would love to have Jack Byrne in the team. Mind you, that was a matter of minutes after Andy Rhodes told me a deal was agreed with Cotterill...

Murmurings from some of the Twitter itkers that Clarke has gone on loan to Accrington. If that’s the case and Jack Byrne has indeed been sacked then I genuinely fear for our league status. 

8 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Frankie Bunn told me himself last week that he would love to have Jack Byrne in the team. Mind you, that was a matter of minutes after Andy Rhodes told me a deal was agreed with Cotterill...

Is he therefore implying that Lemsagam is the one trying to force him out the club, and is it more a financial reason rather that of any diciplinary issues?

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Be nice if our local media could do some proper digging for once instead of just copying and pasting stuff from the Latics’ website.

Sorry unsure how to link but Oldham Times interviewed FB after FGR game entitled “days of signing Eoin Doyle are over”.

Relegation hit us hard hence explaining the mass exodus of players, cutting wage bill to absolute zero and further forcing out of the players to cut those costs further.

If Coke, Miller and O’Grady are the calibre of players now then we’re well and truely fucked.  Get used to League 2 or below I guess.

AL ain’t a billionaire but he was destined to take us forward...sounds like he’s more potless than Corney was.  I doubt the likes of Cotterill or even Connor Hall will be arriving.

Im off to run a bath...anyone got a spare razor?

6 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Sorry unsure how to link but Oldham Times interviewed FB after FGR game entitled “days of signing Eoin Doyle are over”.

Relegation hit us hard hence explaining the mass exodus of players, cutting wage bill to absolute zero and further forcing out of the players to cut those costs further.

If Coke, Miller and O’Grady are the calibre of players now then we’re well and truely fucked.  Get used to League 2 or below I guess.

AL ain’t a billionaire but he was destined to take us forward...sounds like he’s more potless than Corney was.  I doubt the likes of Cotterill or even Connor Hall will be arriving.

Im off to run a bath...anyone got a spare razor?

Here’s the article 

http://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/16413457.frankie-bunns-forest-green-rovers-reaction/

50 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Id like to think their is another level of player inbetween Doyle and O'Grady Miller and Coke that a club like us could realistically be aiming at signing.

There isn't a player in the land in that category that would choose to sign for us in the state that the club is in. Cotterill is a prime example.

13 hours ago, Midsblue said:

If we have released him then serious questions need asking by the Trust to the board.  The Trust represents the fans and we have a member on the board now so should know exactly why he’s suspended and released.  We 

You don’t simply get rid of your best players, you manage them.  We’re assuming he’s disruptive and has a bad attitude but has he suddenly turned into a bad apple after we signed him permanently?  We knew what we was getting when he was on loan.

My concern is AL appears rash and quick to discipline or suspend players.  Never seen this before especially three in a short space of time.  This action is probably more disruptive than a player complaining about tactics, players etc.   I’m starting to feel we’ve gone from bad to worse.

Starting to feel?

So, people are waking up to where :clown:  is actually taking us and that is not upwards !

Maybe his job of culling all the ?? earners has been made easier by last seasons relegation,The fact that people accept it and stay quiet ( none more so than the trust who appear to believe any old line they are spun ).

:clown: seems to be a controlling,manipulative dictator, i have a lot of time for Frank Bunn and would love him to be a great success but surely to God HE could not have thought that Miller,COG and Coke were top drawer after a trial and half a game each ? Who signed these players??

My take is that they are all :clown: signings. Add those to the Foreign Legion ( who, to a man are shite ) and the saga of Jack Byrne waiting to be :hanged: it all looks rather worrying.

I am sure the usual  ? ? ? brigade will pour scorn over my words and carry on with the " give them 6, 10, 12 games spiel, blame the injuries, the pitch, the training facilities, the weather, blah blah.

We are in trouble, not after 2 games but in trouble in every way.

2 minutes ago, archiecat said:

So, people are waking up to where :clown:  is actually taking us and that is not upwards !

Maybe his job of culling all the ?? earners has been made easier by last seasons relegation,The fact that people accept it and stay quiet ( none more so than the trust who appear to believe any old line they are spun ).

:clown: seems to be a controlling,manipulative dictator, i have a lot of time for Frank Bunn and would love him to be a great success but surely to God HE could not have thought that Miller,COG and Coke were top drawer after a trial and half a game each ? Who signed these players??

My take is that they are all :clown: signings. Add those to the Foreign Legion ( who, to a man are shite ) and the saga of Jack Byrne waiting to be :hanged: it all looks rather worrying.

I am sure the usual  ? ? ? brigade will pour scorn over my words and carry on with the " give them 6, 10, 12 games spiel, blame the injuries, the pitch, the training facilities, the weather, blah blah.

Totally correct. I just feel so sorry for Frankie Bunn and Andy Rhodes they are trying to manage with their hands tied totally behind their backs.The club they have come back to is in no way the same that they left all those years ago

8 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Its not reasonable for fans wanting to give someone the benefit of the doubt and allowing a new owner abit of time to make some mistakes and correct them, its looking rather worrying that no lessons are being learned and things are getting worse.

Also when people come on here saying "I was hammered for saying XYZ player manager owner was shit" its sounds very victriolic you dont win any prizes for stuff like that.

I stated on here on several threads including one where you agreed with me on about my doubts about some of the players we have signed I will take absolutely nothing out of being proved right if I do and I may still be proved wrong.

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Its not reasonable for fans wanting to give someone the benefit of the doubt and allowing a new owner abit of time to make some mistakes and correct them, its looking rather worrying that no lessons are being learned and things are getting worse.

Also when people come on here saying "I was hammered for saying XYZ player manager owner was shit" its sounds very victriolic you dont win any prizes for stuff like that.

I stated on here on several threads including one where you agreed with me on about my doubts about some of the players we have signed I will take absolutely nothing out of being proved right if I do and I may still be proved wrong.

We desperately want them to be good, then we watch them and thinks FFS !! again and again.

13 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Totally correct. I just feel so sorry for Frankie Bunn and Andy Rhodes they are trying to manage with their hands tied totally behind their backs.The club they have come back to is in no way the same that they left all those years ago

Well they need to grow a pair and tell AL to stop micro managing everybody and everything at the club, our management team have a lot of respect from the fanbase something AL will never gain behaving the way he is so it's time Rhodes and Bunn stepped up and stopped making themselves look incompetent by going along with AL's farcical gameplan for us.

It's our club not this fucking charlatans whose dragging us down to non league because he can't run a fucking bath, honeymoon period is over for me and I think it's time pressure is put on this bellend before we get in a mess we can't get out because this shit will soon spiral and we will be the next Stockport, some of the stuff I heard yesterday of whats going on is fucking laughable and this guy needs halting in his tracks because he is going about ruining us.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

His early mistakes have been massive and defining and could have been quite easily avoided. 

Don't medal in team affairs.  Don't pay huge salaries to crap players.  That should have been obvious. 

His mistakes have contributed to a relegation and it's a long way back if he's ever going to rectify those mistakes and, as you say, the early signs are that things are getting worse.

Would be interesting to know where we sit amongst the League 2 player budget versus the League 2 ST sales / home attendances.  Surely we must be near the top on ST sales but adverse on budget.

I’m not asking AL to bankroll us with £5k pw signings but giving FB a realistic budget to compete as opposed to survive.  OGrady and Miller have taken us back on the pitch.  Hopefully Duffus comes back and plays as he’s the only striker on our books who looks like he could score.

‘Gone are the days when we can sign a Doyle’

What? 6 months ago? While Simon Corney owned the club.

Not sure what Bunn means with that comment but it’s ominous - it speaks of serious negativity from somebody who knows more than we do.

I’m worried by Lemsagem.

Archived